Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pitts 12 EPO 1600mm - The 'Wife Will Kill Me'

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...ouse_.html

Can we afford it right now, not really Frown but I did.... Frown

I've actually been really good for some months now. I think we should have some impulse buy support group here....

Hi my name is Peter, and im an addict.

I too impulsed bought the 630mm Trojan today.

Dynam Pitts 12 EPO
Eflite Advance 25e
HK P-51D Mustang
3D Reaktor
Pitts Python S12 EP 54inch EPO
Kinetic 800

Decathlon EP 62.6inch
Stinger 64 EDF
Spektrum DX6i (mode 1)

Sorry Kieran, thought this thread sounded familiar Smile
This forum is itself a sort of support group, 'cause only you guys can understand my pain and make me feel like a normal person again. I'll probably go without lunches for the next 2 weeks as penance for my wrong doings Frown or maybe 100 lashes to my back with a whip.

Thought you sold the mrs Biggrin

couldn't find a buyer...

Nice purchase Aaron.... that looks like a sweet ride, I am looking forward to seeing how well a big foamy Bipe performs !!!
Your forgiven too Pete.... its a nice feeling though ................ isnt it!
I gotta come clean ...... nothing makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside like buyin a new plane.
I needed to go and see my therapist.................. so I went and bought a new Seb Sukhoi 50 today......... and YES.... I feel reborn.
The Trojan however was done and dusted so..... R.I.P. T 28......... its time to turn over a new leaf.......... or buy an even cooler plane!!!
Gazz

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

(06-08-2012, 08:14 PM)gbanger Wrote:  I needed to go and see my therapist.................. so I went and bought a new Seb Sukhoi 50 today.........

Your therapist needs to move out of that hobby store - it's not helping your therapy.

But I feel all your pain - went to the pylon racing yesterday, and somehow came home with a Rare Bear.

Nice purchase Aaron - a 1600mm bipe will have presence in the air for sure. Decided what you're going to run in it yet? Or is another fortnight of lunchless days first required?

<table width="100%" border="0"><tr>
<td>
<span title="No longer arboreally challenged!">Parkzone Stinson SR-10 </span>
Extra-300S EPP
<del>F-18 Blue Angels 64mm EDF</del>
<span title="Why won't it die?!">HK Mini Cessna EPO</span>
Spektrum DX6i - Mode 1</td>
<td valign=top>
Parkzone T-28 Ultra Micro
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
"2x6" basla/ply kit built glider
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
Skyartec Cessna 182 (small UAV)
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
<span title="2nd-hand; rebuild on-hold">"BigBoy" Hugin (biggest UAV)</span>
<span title="For invading small countries">X-8 flying wing</span></td>
</tr></table>

It looks like that big bipe is almost plug and fly, the motor comes with it ?? just add ESC BEC and RX servos are already fitted Nice !!

I know what you talking about when it comes an addiction. Today when I regained consiousness, I found myself sitting at the PC, my web browser had two windows open, one was an eBay search for "thunder tigher 46 PRO" and the other for "Great Planes Viper ARF" One can only guess what might have happined......................................my elevator thumb hasn't stopped twiching yet tho'. Smile

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Box arrived today, had a qiuck look, bloody hell it's big! Have to leave it at work for time being with my other large boxed plane.

Wife was not happy, nor am I actually, but I got a nice plane Smile

Bloody Huge, but see how the wings don't line up properly? I have the spars in both wings pushed in all the way, but see how mis-aligned the wings are.... ):

I noticed the HK photos also revealed the wings didn't line up in the same way. Must be a design "feature".

"assortment of hobbyking foam rubbish....... " It's not under my signiture for no reason.....

Should I force an alignment with epoxy or is there a more sane approach to this problem?

The top wings are extreme, and the bottom ones although I didn't post a photo, are slight, but cause for concern.... bloody hell..... ):

I don't think I can source a drill bit 1000mm long..... /;

You could allways cut a groove in the wing so the spar goes in and ligns up right, and then bog the spar in with epoxy and micro light filler. beign carefull to trowl it off nicely so as not to have to sand too much.
That's how the spars are put into the Artemis's foam core wings.

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

This is made by Starmax. I think you just got unlucky with a badly drilled one. Jason's suggestion is the way to go. You can fix it.

RC groups have a few therads on this plane: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1515154

Love to see it flying soon. nothing like a big Biplane zooming around.

George

"Crash and Cry! Don't fly"

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
HK Cri Cri ugly,Super Cub 1870mm balsa, Sbach 1000mm balsa, Vampire, Katana E50 balsa, BA Hawke 90mm (on hold for large runway), Durafly BF110, Corsair,
EScale Zero
Freewing Eurofighter Typhoon & SU-34
Starmax F5e Tiger & 70mm F-18
FMS T-28 Trojan, P-38 Silver, 50mm F-86, C-17 Globmaster

Fly fly F-100
B-25 2.0m LX and A10 1.5m Langxiang (being glassed and re-built)
Seagull Super Tucano

Thanks guys.

Who would like to fix these wings for me? Jason?

I pay for materials and case of beer or something like that for their labour.....

(31-08-2012, 04:45 PM)Panspermian Wrote:  Who would like to fix these wings for me? Jason?

I pay for materials and case of beer or something like that for their labour.....

Tell you What I'll give you a hand to fix them. That way you'll know how it's done, what materials to use and how to mix it and all that. Then next time you'll have the confidence to dive right into such a repair your self.
No need for a case of beer tho' I should be at the field on Sunday bring the wings along and we'll have a look at them, if your going to be there.

O.k I'll try and make it down sunday, I won't be flying 'cause I got too much on, but I'll try and make it down for a chat.

Thanks mate Smile

Alright guys, here's the deal, I bought this as a quick build PNP large foamie, I've been storing this at my work since arrival as it won't fit in my unit. My work is now downsizing and because there have been some issues with it, I have never built it.
I don't want to loose too much and hey, you may buy a new kit direct from HK and have no probs with it. I need to sell this but won't quote a price. You know what it's worth, make an offer.
None of the kit is in plastic anymore as I have dry fitted what I could when I thought I would build it. Some screw bags have been opened but everything is there. It was delivered to my work and has not been transported anywhere since.
I am allowing inspection before final commitment. it is in Castle Hill. I will post this on For Sale aswell.