Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Spektrum DX question

Hi All
I have some more Really Annoying Newbie Type Questions. This time to do with radios and in particular the Spektrum DX.

If/When I buy my Island Hopper, I would want to use my DX7 as the transmitter for it instead of the ESky one that comes with it.

My DX7 came with a AR7000(???) rx unit which is a 7 channel reciever. Is it simply a matter of removing the existing reciever in the Hopper and replacing it with the AR7000, then Binding it to the TX?

I don't want this to be permament arrangement in that I have plans for the AR7000 later on (in a Heli) and would just temporarly use it in the Hopper until I can get a 4 or 5 channel reciever.

Will the lesser channel recievers (AR500 5ch, AR6000 6ch??? I think they are ???) bind to the DX7? If so, can I then "unbind" the AR7000 to use elsewhere?

Finally, is there a cheaper no-name generic cheaper version of the spektrum recievers? or should I just stick with the name brand stuff?

Hope all this makes sense,
Mick

Spektrum DX7 Mode 2
Parkzone T28 Trojan
HK Sumo Flying Wing.... Completly Awesome!
Scratchbuilt First Step.... Slow Flyer
HK SPAD XIII....
J-Power Mini F-18 EDF
Scratchbuilt Morane Saulnier A1....Under Construction
Scratchbuilt Luton Minor.... Retired
Unbranded OV-10 Bronco.... Awaiting Build

· On the other hand, you have different fingers.

You can use the AR7000 in the island hopper until you get some more receivers. Just ditch the old receiver and plug the servo's into the AR7000

With the Spektrum model match system, You bind the receiver to a model profile on your radio, only your radio will control that particular receiver when that particular model profile is selected until you rebind it with someone else' radio or another model profile.
You can easily transfer it to another plane or heli by either changing the programmed model on your DX7 or making a new profile and rebinding.

The DX7 is only compatible with DSM & DSM2 receivers by Spektrum or JR, You're basically looking at the AR500, AR6110 and AR7000 for most purposes and any Parkzone or E-Flite stuff branded as Bind n Fly. The AR6110 is the cheapest available as it is a "Park" receiver and limited in range, that range limit is more than you'll ever need short of Giant Scale planes and Jets however! You can get them for reasonably cheap from HobbyKing: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... oduct=9661 If I order it in a group buy, the price is $43.79US + Shipping

Gday Mick

If you end up with a AR7000 receiver I will swap you for my 6110 and pay the diff if you like.
We can discuss this at the field if need be.
Both will work fine with the DX7

Cheers
Rob B

Oops, ignore my above post.
Just belatedly noticed you were going to use the 7000 in a heli.

Cheers
Rob B