Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

HobbyKing Super Cub

HK Super cub 1870m wing span(Not a super cub it's a J Cub in nice colours.)
Ready to maiden.
Motor:4042
Prop: 13X5
ESC:65A
to Test fly on 3S 4000 and 4S 4000.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

George

"Crash and Cry! Don't fly"

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
HK Cri Cri ugly,Super Cub 1870mm balsa, Sbach 1000mm balsa, Vampire, Katana E50 balsa, BA Hawke 90mm (on hold for large runway), Durafly BF110, Corsair,
EScale Zero
Freewing Eurofighter Typhoon & SU-34
Starmax F5e Tiger & 70mm F-18
FMS T-28 Trojan, P-38 Silver, 50mm F-86, C-17 Globmaster

Fly fly F-100
B-25 2.0m LX and A10 1.5m Langxiang (being glassed and re-built)
Seagull Super Tucano

Looks nice George. Interested on how it will fly as you may of seen my Decathlon fly a wee bit unstable.
Interesting choice of motor combo, I threw a G60 running 5S in the bonnet of mine, maybe thats my probelm....
Whats the final weight?

And how are your wing supports fixed to the fuse?

Dynam Pitts 12 EPO
Eflite Advance 25e
HK P-51D Mustang
3D Reaktor
Pitts Python S12 EP 54inch EPO
Kinetic 800

Decathlon EP 62.6inch
Stinger 64 EDF
Spektrum DX6i (mode 1)

(03-07-2012, 11:19 AM)popeyepete Wrote:  Looks nice George. Interested on how it will fly as you may of seen my Decathlon fly a wee bit unstable.
Interesting choice of motor combo, I threw a G60 running 5S in the bonnet of mine, maybe thats my probelm....
Whats the final weight?

And how are your wing supports fixed to the fuse?

Hi Peter
I'm also interested to see how it will fly. I don't know if you have seen my Yellow 1.8m piper. she flies horribly... I love cubs so I'm hanging to see it up in the air.
Recommended motor was 3548 but I had this 4042 so I throw it in. I have G60 in my Katana 50e.. Way to powerful for a piper.
Weight without Batt. as I recal was around 2.0kg. I have to wight again to remember.
Wings supports at the top are steel hinges, excellent. but plastic clevis at the bottom. I ordered some steel clevis to change them over.
Landing gear is very flimsly and spot welded, I don't think it will stand any hard landings.

George

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
HK Cri Cri ugly,Super Cub 1870mm balsa, Sbach 1000mm balsa, Vampire, Katana E50 balsa, BA Hawke 90mm (on hold for large runway), Durafly BF110, Corsair,
EScale Zero

Fly fly F-100
Seagull Super Tucano

It looks very nice !!
Hope to be at the field to see it fly this weekend ??

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Love that plane george i bet it wi be a great flyer . Im jelous

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

I dont have a lot of experience with these airframes.
There doesn't appear to be much difference visually between the Super Cub and the Piper, I know you hate the Piper's flight characteristics, so what's the deal with the Cub?

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

(03-07-2012, 09:39 PM)gbanger Wrote:  I dont have a lot of experience with these airframes.
There doesn't appear to be much difference visually between the Super Cub and the Piper, I know you hate the Piper's flight characteristics, so what's the deal with the Cub?

My Yellow cub was IC converted to electric but never flew right. I think its a weight issue, somone with building skills might resolve it. This one is designed for electric its larger and its light. Let's hope it flies well with my set up. Should be a relaxing slow smooth flyer.

George

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
EScale Zero

Fly fly F-100
Seagull Super Tucano