Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Seagull Models Super Tucano

Nice work George..... Pretty impressed with those brakes ... they work well ...Dooh!!!

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

Well done george, looked a cracker in the air, but cant help bad luck with the landing.

(20-09-2012, 08:16 AM)Flying fisho Wrote:  Well done george, looked a cracker in the air, but cant help bad luck with the landing.

No problem just the screw vibrated out!!! all fixed and ready to go this weekened.

George

"Crash and Cry! Don't fly"

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
HK Cri Cri ugly,Super Cub 1870mm balsa, Sbach 1000mm balsa, Vampire, Katana E50 balsa, BA Hawke 90mm (on hold for large runway), Durafly BF110, Corsair,
EScale Zero
Freewing Eurofighter Typhoon & SU-34
Starmax F5e Tiger & 70mm F-18
FMS T-28 Trojan, P-38 Silver, 50mm F-86, C-17 Globmaster

Fly fly F-100
B-25 2.0m LX and A10 1.5m Langxiang (being glassed and re-built)
Seagull Super Tucano

Second flight.. Video. (Good Job Gary on Camera)
Plane flying great. moved the battery 1cm back and the plane tracked straight after take off. No trims...
Static thrust 52A 1200Watts. would like a little more watts.. maybe a higher pitch, will try 17X10 next flight.
yet again issues with landing gear forcing me to panic on landing.. hmm more work to to fix the broken landing mount and iron out the problems.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnHG3ZCUOaI

George

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
HK Cri Cri ugly,Super Cub 1870mm balsa, Sbach 1000mm balsa, Vampire, Katana E50 balsa, BA Hawke 90mm (on hold for large runway), Durafly BF110, Corsair,
EScale Zero

Fly fly F-100
Seagull Super Tucano

Hi George
Just thought I would give you a little update on my Super Tucano.
The last few times I've flown it (at PEMAC) it has been pulsing a lttle at full throttle, and that is something that bother me.
I have never been quite happy with its flight performance, even though it did fly without issue on 6S. Its all round performance just seemed to be a little less spontaneous than I would have liked. (I think Iv'e been flying high power models for to long).
Anyway to cut to the chase I am doing a big power up and installing my Hacker A60-24S (197kv)
After doing a lot of calculations thanks to our good friends at ecalc, I will be running it in 12S with a 16 x 10 3 blade Master airscrew prop, I was going to run it on 10S but the maths didn't work with that weight and the top speed would have been slower than I wanted.
So there you have it... I will make up a mount for it at work and still have to work out where to fit the batteries etc, but we will get that sorted out.
I am going to up my reciever and run a biggger Spectrum AR12120 with dual power supplies with back up redundancy, I am happy to spend the money for piece of mind when it comes to contol surfaces and power outs!
Anyway watch this space I hope to have it in the sky in the next few weeks.

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

^^^^^^ I HAVE A VESTED INTEREST IN THIS MOTOR ON 12S , I'm looking forward to the differences in flight characteristics with this setup . not much on youtube with these low kv motors unless its on a scooter .

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

I was running this motor on 10S in my Sebart Sukhoi 140 spinning a 20 x 12 2 blade, it weighed 4.6 kgs and flew like magic,until a BEC failure killed it.
I would actually rather run an Eflite 160 245kv on 10S in the Tucano as the lower kv Hacker is better suited to big 2 blade props for 3D, but Iv'e got it, so I'm gunna use it.

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Wow Gazz 12s will be almost 7kg when set up.
I think you will have plenty of grunt and pulling power, not sure about speed.
Mine is under 5kg with 6s 5000, its not fast but its not underpowered.
It would be nice if it was slightly faster. I fixed the front landig gear that kept popigg off. Ill bring it to blacktown, are you going?
(22-03-2013, 08:47 PM)gbanger Wrote:  I was running this motor on 10S in my Sebart Sukhoi 140 spinning a 20 x 12 2 blade, it weighed 4.6 kgs and flew like magic,until a BEC failure killed it.
I would actually rather run an Eflite 160 245kv on 10S in the Tucano as the lower kv Hacker is better suited to big 2 blade props for 3D, but Iv'e got it, so I'm gunna use it.

Wow Fax 12s will be almost 7kg when set up.
I think you will have plenty of grunt and pulling power, not sure about speed.
Mine is under 5kg with 6s 5000, its not fast but its not underpowered.
It would be nice if it was slightly faster. I fixed the front landig gear that kept piping off. Ill bring it to blacktown, are you going?

George

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
EScale Zero

Fly fly F-100
Seagull Super Tucano

Change of plans George.
Picked up an OS 375 from H in the H. I will replace the OS 490 that I am running in it on 6S at the moment with the 375.
the 490 is running out of puff spinning the 15 x 8/2 blade and is hurting the motor so much so that if hunts at full throttle. Ecalc says it is way overloaded, so I redid the maths with the OS 375 spinning a 16 x 10/3 blade and it should haul the mail.
Even though the 375 is obviously spinning a lot slower than the 490 it can pull 1550 Watts where the 490 peaks at 1100 Watts. Add the bigger prop and away we go!

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

(30-03-2013, 03:45 PM)gbanger Wrote:  Change of plans George.
Picked up an OS 375 from H in the H. I will replace the OS 490 that I am running in it on 6S at the moment with the 375.
the 490 is running out of puff spinning the 15 x 8/2 blade and is hurting the motor so much so that if hunts at full throttle. Ecalc says it is way overloaded, so I redid the maths with the OS 375 spinning a 16 x 10/3 blade and it should haul the mail.
Even though the 375 is obviously spinning a lot slower than the 490 it can pull 1550 Watts where the 490 peaks at 1100 Watts. Add the bigger prop and away we go!

Sound like a good plan Gaza. Would the OS375 run on 8S?
It will give u that extra power and the weight you need in the nose.

George

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
EScale Zero

Fly fly F-100
Seagull Super Tucano

Yes it will mate, but I am trying to keep the weight down in the thing, thats why I am trying this out. If it is still a little lack lustre in performance I can up the S rating, but I will try it on 6S first.

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Hi All

Just landed one of these from Ebay at home. Looking forward to flying it.

Thanks all for very informative thread..

Looking to use and Eflight90 in mine and e-flight 60-120 electric retracts with Oleo legs,

Will keep informed of progress...

How you all wont mind if I ask you questions as build progresses !

Space Angel

Thanks for taking the time to read our build thread Space Angel.
You will love the big Super Tucano, they fly very scale, the only problem with the airframe is that it is very heavy, once you add all the electronics it ends up being a heavy bird, but I love mine, the upgrade to the OS 375 on 6S has it flying the way I had originally planned....
If you are after more sports performance you will need to run it on 8S or better.... Good luck!

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

(31-08-2013, 07:34 PM)gbanger Wrote:  Thanks for taking the time to read our build thread Space Angel.
You will love the big Super Tucano, they fly very scale, the only problem with the airframe is that it is very heavy, once you add all the electronics it ends up being a heavy bird, but I love mine, the upgrade to the OS 375 on 6S has it flying the way I had originally planned....
If you are after more sports performance you will need to run it on 8S or better.... Good luck!

Thanks .. As advised I am putting an Eflight 90 with 8S so it should scream when I want it to ..

BTW does anyone one know where Raptorfly got the latch for the battery compartment ?

Thanks
Space Angel

Hi

Just an update, according to E-Calc on a 5.4 kg All up Tucano the following config should give just a little over 1.1 Power/Weight.

6000 Mah Battery
E-flight 90
60A ESC
a Biela 15x9 4 blade prop.

Should be nice ! Thumbup

Space Angel

I'm pretty sure he used these.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store..._bag_.html

Gazz

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Hi Space Angel

Sorry was too busy this weekend didn't check our website.

Any hatch latch will do, I got them from Ebay but hobbyking will be much cheaper.

Keep us updated with your build and send some pics.

Good luck.

George

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
EScale Zero

Fly fly F-100
Seagull Super Tucano