• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Multi Rotor Heli's

Finally pulled my finger out and built my Quad copter kit:

My Build:
- HobbyKing X525
- KK2 MultiRotor Controlboard
- 4x Turnigy Sk3 - 2826-1240kv
- 4x Plush 25amp ESC
- 4x 8x4 Propellers (Standard & Counter Rotating)
- HK Quad power distro board
- A stack of bullet connectors.
- 3s 2200 mAh Lipo

Went together quickly, most of the time was spent working how to run all the wiring. Doing everything 4 times did get a bit tedious, would hate to make an Octocopter!

First flight was surprisingly stable, the KK2 board display makes it piss easy to configure and tune. It was just released the other week and has capacity to be upgraded, upcoming features are auto stabilization and other cool nick nacks! Next step for me is to properly balance the props as I was too eager to fly so threw them on stock! Its a real testament to the board that its able to keep the thing stable whilst the frame is shaking itself to bits! Good thing I used loctite all round

Very, Very Cool Biggrin

Steve

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

AWSOME!!
what size is the payload ?

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Nice job.

So, does the GoPro go underneath so you do low, slow passes over the reed bed looking for fixed wing casualties? That would be the ducks nuts.

Sunsky have some good value hi res video goggles
Was looking at them today. Best prices I've yet seen

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Will probably mount the gopro underneath, Wont be flying with it till I'm comfortable working out which way is forwards though!

Looks good. When you work out which way is forward, could you paint the forward 2 arms a different colour to the rear?...assuming an X flyer as opposed to a + flyer, in which case, just paint the single forward arm.

3 Useless things for a Pilot:
Air above you, Air in the tanks, Runway behind you.

EFLIGHT Blade 400, Inside a Jet Ranger Fuse
HK 500GT, Inside an EC-135 Fuse
ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

Ooooh yes - I wanna see how the auto-stabilisation stuff works!

Steve Murray

(10-07-2012, 11:24 PM)brotherblonde Wrote:  Looks good. When you work out which way is forward, could you paint the forward 2 arms a different colour to the rear?...assuming an X flyer as opposed to a + flyer, in which case, just paint the single forward arm.
It's an X Flyer and I don't think paint will cut it, gonna run some nice bright LED's (There is a wiring provision on the power distribution board for them Smile )

(11-07-2012, 12:00 AM)smuzz Wrote:  Ooooh yes - I wanna see how the auto-stabilisation stuff works!
Poorly at the moment, The developer used an innacurate algorithm but intends to bring in a AHRS like one later.

Hi Kieran. He is a You tube video, you might like to have a look at.
Kind regards, Bob.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L75ESD9PBOw&feature=related

Quad is temporarily grounded till I get myself some better props, the ones that I ordered are terribly unbalanced, going to replace them with some 3 bladers from Goodluckbuy!
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/hobbies-and-t...opter.html

I ordered myself a Mini Beetle Quadcopter from our mates at Hobbyking. It arrived today and wow, what a Blast!! IT is a barrel of fun and even in the blowey/gusty wind we had today it still handles great. Wasn't long and I even managed a few flips with it. Good flight time too. Easily 10 mins and still 3.4 v on the 1S 800mah battery.

Tried to get some video to post but the only cameraman I had was my 4 year old daughter who didn't quite understand she had to film the Quad!! Will try and edit together what I did get and maybe show it in action.

Great little quad and for the price, really hard to beat!!!

Spektrum DX7 Mode 2
Parkzone T28 Trojan
HK Sumo Flying Wing.... Completly Awesome!
Scratchbuilt First Step.... Slow Flyer
HK SPAD XIII....
J-Power Mini F-18 EDF
Scratchbuilt Morane Saulnier A1....Under Construction
Scratchbuilt Luton Minor.... Retired
Unbranded OV-10 Bronco.... Awaiting Build

· On the other hand, you have different fingers.

Sounds like fun, but is it wise to drop voltage that low, I have been told less that 3.7v on a regular basis will reduce the life of a Lipo. I normally avoid below 3.8v

Wow, transmitter and all, for $40!
What next, I wonder?

Steve Murray

Looks pretty Cool, they didn't stay in stock for long.

Steve Smile

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Hey Steve
Your new avatar is giving me a friggin headache...... Oh... no... hang on a second... its not the Avatar.... its the beer.........blah hah hah hah hah hah !!!

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

(01-08-2012, 12:09 AM)gbanger Wrote:  Hey Steve
Your new avatar is giving me a friggin headache...... Oh... no... hang on a second... its not the Avatar.... its the beer.........blah hah hah hah hah hah !!!

lol

I,m was actually thinking of changing it again tonight to possibly something else but got a little side tracked Smile

Beer ? Not working Tommorow ?

Been extremely busy the last couple of months and haven't been able to get out and fly anything, so the next best thing is to build something Thumbup

These units are fiddly buggers, on par with building a Heli, but much easier to fly.
What parts I used;
Talon V2 Quad Frame
Multiwii 328P Flight Controller
Q-Brain 4x20amp ESC
NTM 28-30S 800kv
10x4.5 SF Props
Other bits and bobs that were tool long to list

The tricky part has been the programming of the Multiwii card. Once I trolled the interweb that's full of advice, this guide pretty much told me all I needed to know.Multiwii Set-Up Guide.

I made everything fit within the frame and body to keep it looking clean, and topped it with an old CCTV camera dome I had lying around.

Still have a few programming bugs, but for default parameters, it fly's pretty level 'out of the box'!

Precision is key with these multicopters as everything needs to be balanced, synced, level and true or else the PC board gets nasty with vibrations and flips it right on its head if your lucky!

These flight controllers have a stack of add-ons, this GPS unit is on its way from HK to hold its flight level/path, you can also mount a pan/tilt gimbal beneath to mount your camera and take some snaps of your..... well leave that for me to play withWink_smile

Dynam Pitts 12 EPO
Eflite Advance 25e
HK P-51D Mustang
3D Reaktor
Pitts Python S12 EP 54inch EPO
Kinetic 800

Decathlon EP 62.6inch
Stinger 64 EDF
Spektrum DX6i (mode 1)

Nice work Pete!

Steve Murray

Looking good !!

Seeing Craigs Quadcopters in the air Today has me thinking

http://www.goodluckbuy.com/dji-s800-evo-...pilot.html

or this http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...de_1_.html

but i might start off with something simple http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store..._RTF_.html

Wow they have come a far way since the last time i looked at copter's

Steve Smile

Yeah, been thinking too... This is the little guy I want to try. I know one of Chook's mates has one but looking isn't enough sometimes Tounge

[Image: 28389-main.jpg]

Apparently Tri-copters fly more like planes so that suits me.

Signature overload. That list just got ridiculous. However, Funcubs are .... fun.

Hi Peter. I've been thinking about buying a little blade MQX from model flight, it comes either with her small radio or all you can use your own radio.

Regards, Bob.

http://www.modelflight.com.au/helicopter...ode-2.html

We expected to see you at the field today Bob, with your new Trojan - what kept you?

Steve Murray

Hurry Hobbyking only have 9 Left in stock Biggrin

Shipping is a little pricey as its in the higher weight group over 2kg, unless you buy something else with order then its free.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store..._PNF_.html

Hey Steve,
they are really cheap, I think I will order 2..... NOT!

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

You on drugs Steve????

Mine cost just over $100 bucks and I went with expensive options...

Dynam Pitts 12 EPO
Eflite Advance 25e
HK P-51D Mustang
3D Reaktor
Kinetic 800

Decathlon EP 62.6inch
Stinger 64 EDF
Spektrum DX6i (mode 1)

(16-07-2013, 04:00 PM)popeyepete Wrote:  You on drugs Steve????

Mine cost just over $100 bucks and I went with expensive options...

lol, I know its crazy Price that these quad copters are going for.
But you know there are people out there that will pay this, as for me
i'm not ready for quad copters just yet,
Its definitely out of my price range.

I rekon in about a year Quad Copters in General will be as cheap as chips and will have all the full techs auto control etc built in.

Quads are a big business now with some pro units worth over $15k.
Channel 9 now use quads in their filming of documentaries.

But you right, give them som time and you'll pick them up for nicks![/align]

Dynam Pitts 12 EPO
Eflite Advance 25e
HK P-51D Mustang
3D Reaktor
Kinetic 800

Decathlon EP 62.6inch
Stinger 64 EDF
Spektrum DX6i (mode 1)

New fiberglass fpv multirotor

More photo's of fpv fiberglass multirotor