Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Beginner in this sport

Hey Guys,

I'm just a total beginner in this sport.

Just wondering if you can guys can help me.

Im just thinking of taking up this sport and I would like to buy a RC helicopter. Do you guys reckon flying planes or helicopters is easier.

Could you guys recommend me a plane for a beginner because probably I'll crash it all the timeSmile

Hi,

Im only the tiniest bit ahead of you in starting out, but Im going planes not helis.

The advice I got (and I suspect will be repeated) is to start with a computer sim. If you havent had any experience at all, going to ebay and spending about $40 on a sim package such as Skyartec for helis or FMS for planes will help you learn if you want to do it a bit more, and save you heaps of time and money from fixing practice crashes.

If you are pretty to very sure about taking up the hobby, I would suggest the same (buy a sim) but get a pricier one such as Phoenix and a "real" controller (the $40 special is a computer trainer only). Others will suggest more about radio types etc I am sure.

Ben.

Hi Pat,

welcome to the hobby, and to this forum.
Firstly, you will find everyone here, and at our club are friendly, and more than willing to offer help and advice.

I started with a/c about 30 yrs ago & left the hobby for about 15 years. i started up again 2 yrs ago with helis. They are definately harder to fly than fixed wing! Smile Having said that however, they are not impossible, they just take longer to learn. I started with a Blade 400 (now they are the Blade 450) AND.....as Ben said, a Simulator. That will save you ,ooo's of $$$$ Smile

Come down to the field one weekend to meet the guys, have a chat & get a feel for the environment.

Handing over to the rest of the guys.....

Cheers,

Andrew.

3 Useless things for a Pilot:
Air above you, Air in the tanks, Runway behind you.

EFLIGHT Blade 400, Inside a Jet Ranger Fuse
HK 500GT, Inside an EC-135 Fuse
ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

Patrick, please fill in your details in the User CP as per the forum rules, failing to do so will find your account closed.

Defiantly drop by the field and have a look, say g'day you'll learn a lot by asking a bunch of questions and you'll get the chance to see some of the gear you'd need in the flesh and being used

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

http://www.modelsports.com.au/products.p...iewProduct&id=1612.

this is the way to go , there is also a dx6i here in the foresale section.

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .