Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average

Archive: Flying this Week...

Any body interested in mid week flying this week. I was hoping (weather permitting) in getting an early start, say 7.30am or 8am, but staying only for an hour or so (have to go to work! ).

Servo

Hi Kevin,
Unfortunately I'm waiting on a replacement shaft for the Cessna and my others
are in various degrees of maintenance.
If you go down to the field make sure that you have your gumboots on
as I reckon the field will be like a swamp after all this rain.
I'm even worried as to weather we will be able to use it on the weekend as more
rain is forecast before then and I doubt that we will be able to drive our cars down
to the strip.
Hand launched planes should be ok as long as they have floats on them for landings Biggrin

Paul

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Scratchbuilt F14 Tomcat(Pukin Dogs)
Vector X
Eflite F86 Sabre(Taz Tiger)
Qantas Airbus A380(Nancy-Bird Walton)
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
VQ Models P61 Night Fighter
CY Models FW190

im really hoping we can fly I cant wait to get that trojan back in my hands now that you have her beautifully restored in naval colours for me :!: Biggrin

Jet Teng BAE Hawk 2010 Demo Team
Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
ESM Texan II / 35cc Gasser
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Falcon 120 (Prepping for Kingtech K100 turbine )
Spektrum DX6i

Servo Wrote:Any body interested in mid week flying this week. I was hoping (weather permitting) in getting an early start, say 7.30am or 8am, but staying only for an hour or so (have to go to work! ).

Servo

Hi Kevin

I may be up for the early morning fly tomorrow will post u early morning yes/no weather permitting also.
If the weather is like what this morning was it will be great flying.

Steve

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

samste Wrote:Hi Kevin

I may be up for the early morning fly tomorrow will post u early morning yes/no weather permitting also.
If the weather is like what this morning was it will be great flying.

Steve

I just checked the forcast and it does't look good for the rest of the month let alone Thursday, but at 11pm the stars are out and the wind has droped so I will check again around 7am and 7.30am.

The optimist, Kevin B

7am Thursday: Mr wind Icon_evil tooo gusty for my EasyStar so it looks like I'll have to wait until Friday for another chance to fly.

Kevin B

I may still go down if wind dies down as i will be in area to pick up some materials and it does look that the wind is settling down though probably not as i write this its gusting again.

Steve

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

If anyone will be at the field tomorrow (Friday), please let me know. It is my day off. But if I don't have a reply by 8:30am, I'll make alternative plan.

Colin

chancol Wrote:If anyone will be at the field tomorrow (Friday), please let me know. It is my day off. But if I don't have a reply by 8:30am, I'll make alternative plan.

Colin

Hi Colin And Others, weather and wind permitting i will be down at field for a couple of hours in the morning.
Will post by 7-30 am if going down.

chancol Wrote:If anyone will be at the field tomorrow (Friday), please let me know. It is my day off. But if I don't have a reply by 8:30am, I'll make alternative plan.

Colin
If the wind is light I will be down there early. I intend to check the weather about 8am and will post my intentions.

cheers
Kevin B

Packing the Planes and heading down the field, weather looks great Biggrin i will be down there before 8am.

Steve

The wind is a bit too gusty at my place, I'm off from work today so will check again in an hour.

Kevin

Went flying this morning (Tuesday) at 8am, just a hint of wind to start with but had to stop by 9am as the wind got a bit too much for a beginner.

Anyway this Friday have a late start at work so was hoping to get an hours worth of flying early in the morning, say at 8am. Anyone interested?

Kevin B

Hi Kevin,
Can't make it Friday but don't forget that weather permitting
a bunch of us are going down to the field around 4:30 Thursday afternoon.
Should be able to get a couple of hours in then.
Just hope the wind has gone by then.

Paul

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Vector X
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
CY Models FW190

Hi Guys,

Weather permitting I shall come down Thursday arvo.

I shall be down there hopefully around 5.30pm as I have to go home change, throw in a few planes.

Fingers crossed, legs crossed ohhh!!!!

All the best,
Ingo

HobbyZone - SuperCub x 2
Parkzone -T-28D Trojan
Guanli - Cessna 182 / F4U Coursair
Multiplex - Twinstarr ll
Electrafun XP - Back from the dead - It flies

In the Hanger waiting Build
Guanli - ME 109 / Zero / P47 / F4U Cousair / T-109 / Spitfire / P47
Skyartec - Funjet x 2
Beaver - Balsa
Decathlon – Balsa - Big

The World Models - 40" Clipped Wing Cub Sunburst Red

In the Hanger Repair Shop
Guanli - P47 / Spitfire / Cub 3 Channel Modified / Skylark Glider

JR XP662 – 36MHz Radio – Mode 1
DX7 2.4GHz Mode 1

Yes i think we are all hoping that this wind settles down by tomorrow afternoon :|
As this wind seems to pick up about 9 am and its a shocker all day.
And i am so keen to maiden my glider, Lets Go Soaring is i think the Glider Fliers Motto Smile
Steve

paulj Wrote:Hi Kevin,
but don't forget that weather permitting a bunch of us are going down to the field around 4:30 Thursday afternoon.
Just hope the wind has gone by then.
Paul

Thanks for the reminder, I'll keep an eye on the weather but given the pattern at the moment it seemd to be a little wind very early in the morning that just keeps builds during the day. Not sure what time we are allowed to start on a weekday morning- I know weekends is 8am and 9am.

KevinB

8am as long as your plane isn't too angry sounding.

Gday All

I may try and join you on Thusday however will probably not arrive until about 1830hrs.
Not hopeful re the windy conditions though, more of the same forecast tomorrow.

Cheers
Rob B

kizza42 Wrote:8am as long as your plane isn't too angry sounding.

My plane purrs like a pussy cat, you must be confusing me with those power mad pilots I've heard about....

The wind was light at 8am this Thursday morning picking up as the day progressed, so if the pattern holds I would like to get in some flying this Friday from 8am (till 9.30),I'll do a weather check at 7.30am.

Kevin B

Packed New Glider in Van quick maiden before work down about 8am till 9am

"attn control tower"(rob)
can we have one of thos comprehensive bankstown airport weather reports.. Biggrin

im really hoping someone will pop up and say , dont worry kev the wind is gone this afternoon and saturday is shaping up to be a beautiful day to maiden your funjet Lol

Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Spektrum DX6i

~KevJ~ Wrote:"attn control tower"(rob)
can we have one of thos comprehensive bankstown airport weather reports.. Biggrin

I'm really hoping someone will pop up and say , dont worry kev the wind is gone this afternoon and saturday is shaping up to be a beautiful day to maiden your funjet Lol

Update Report on Field this morning was great when i left home but when i got to the field it was a bit gusty,Maiden the glider for about 10 minutes.
Brought it down adjusted elevator and rudder again took her up again fresh battery and she didn't want to come down it was so sweet just hanging up there,after about 25 minutes i decided to bring her down as it was starting to be extreme flying conditions like yesterday afternoon flying.
(Don't tell Kieran about the long flight time Lol )

Love the Glider Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin

Gday All

Ask and ye shall receive, Pilot report below.

0452 UTC 16/10/09 AIRSERVICES AUSTRALIA
GENERAL MET MESSAGE BRIEFING

Prepared for: ROBFLIGHT

YSSY
IDN42903
AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT BUREAU OF METEOROLOGY
NEW SOUTH WALES

SYDNEY AIRPORT WEATHER BRIEFING
ISSUED AT 2258Z ON THE 15/10/2009 [0958 ON THE 16/10/2009 LOCAL]

SYDNEY TAF: (THIS TAF MAY NOT BE THE LATEST ISSUE)
TAF YSSY 152247Z 1600/1706
23018G23KT 9999 FEW045 SCT120
FM161200 22012KT 9999 SCT040
FM170200 17015KT 9999 SCT030 SCT060
RMK FM160000 MOD TURB BLW 5000FT TILL161200
T 19 21 21 17 Q 1012 1011 1011 1014

TAF SUMMARY:
A WEAKENING LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM IN THE TASMAN SEA IS DIRECTING A
SOUTHWEST AIRSTREAM OVER SYDNEY. MODERATE TO FRESH SOUTHWEST WIND
SHOULD PERSIST TODAY, EASING DURING THE EVENING. SOME CLOUD LIKELY TO
DEVELOP LATER THIS AFTERNOON OR EVENING, BUT THE CHANCE OF A SHOWER
IS ONLY SLIGHT. THE WIND IS EXPECTED TENDING SOUTHEAST TOMORROW
AFTERNOON, BRINGING MORE CLOUD.

THUNDERSTORM POTENTIAL:
NIL CHANCE WITHIN 20NM OF SYDNEY AIRPORT.

OTHER POSSIBILITIES:
10% CHANCE OF A LIGHT SHOWER OR TWO IN THE AREA LATER TODAY AND
SATURDAY.
20% CHANCE OF PERIODS WITH SUSTAINED CROSS-WINDS EXCEEDING 20 KNOTS,
00/09Z.

SYDNEY OUTLOOK:
SATURDAY : FINE. PARTLY CLOUDY. CITY MAX: 22
SUNDAY : MORNING SHOWER OR TWO. CITY MAX: 21

REGARDS
ALEX UNTIL 7PM, THEN TAD.

NOTES:
1. THIS BRIEFING IS NOT AMENDED BETWEEN ROUTINE ISSUES. FOR
OPERATIONAL PLANNING, REFERENCE SHOULD BE MADE TO THE LATEST TAF OR
TTF.

Thanks for the report Rob.
Kev and I will be down around 9am just need to do a little maintenance job
on his funjet first before he can maiden it.
Let's hope no wind tomorrow.

Paul

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Vector X
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
CY Models FW190

Gday Paul

Should be a bit less windy tomorrow however still expect 15 to 20kts of fun and games, however not expecting the gusts to be quite so pronounced as they have been. May be interesting with the winds coming over the western warehouse though, could be interesting for us until clear of the crosswind leg climbout.

I am hoping to have the Cub completed tonight and am looking forward to giving my remotored glider a rip, now drawing 16amps instead of the old 12amps, not sure if this is going to translate to much extra performance though. Really hopeful the Cub will fly this weekend and much thanks to Darren who has provided great advice to get it all tip top and good to go!

Cheers
Rob B

rob i saw your glider getting around yesterday , looked to be going really well!

Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Spektrum DX6i

Gday Kev

Thanks for that. I had completely scratchbuilt a new motor mount to fit the motor Steve gave me so I was a bit nervous about having thrustlines correct and also the CofG. As usual I was more worried than I needed to be and was very happy with the performance. Mount was constructed out of balsa laminates and sail battens and is very very very strong and light.

Time to step up and fly her like she has been stolen instead of the usual careful circuits that I have been flying in preparation for flying the cub.

Hope to be down a little later today as just about to go out and have breakfast at the Cafe at Parramatta lake with my wife and daughter. The do a pretty good brekky by the way!!!!

It was also great to see so many faces at the field yesterday, I noted it was the first time I did not get to say gday to everybody as there was so much flying going on.

Cheers
Rob B

Gday All

Please ignore my previous post, OR, read it all is if it was in past tense!
Powerlines 1, Robair Glider 0.

Photos soon!
Thread Closed