Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average

Archive: Flying this Week...

Good weather for the Wednesday mid week flying tomorrow.
Bring your dog.

srl

Might be able to stop by for a quick round quad early morning, what time are you in ? sorry no dog.

If you don't live on the edge, you take up too much space.

I'll make it 9am and start charging batteries tonight.
Ron and Pete are usually there to open.

srl

Another great flying day.
Ron this time gave the strip a trim and Pete fixed up the gate.

srl

Hi Guys,

Please be aware that there is an all day event on tomorrow at HMAS. It looks like an open day type deal where they are shutting down the field to conventional flying operations in order to allow a range of activities for the general public to engage with.

I have never been to HMAS, or seen an RC Jet in the flesh, so I will certainly be heading out there to take a look at some point during the day.

See the below flyer for context.

[Image: byod.jpg]

Our field will be open about 8.30am.

It wouldn't kill me to miss flying for one day, but then again, why risk it.

Just went down for a couple of hours this arvo... no one there... fantastic conditions, sunny no wind, bit of water around... usual spots.

Babar and I were there at 8.30, I had to leave by 10 but Babar stayed on. He normally leaves by 11.30. But you're correct, no wind, strip in good condition, nice and sunny and once again no members.

(21-05-2017, 06:46 PM)Chris Mc Wrote:  Babar and I were there at 8.30, I had to leave by 10 but Babar stayed on. He normally leaves by 11.30. But you're correct, no wind, strip in good condition, nice and sunny and once again no members.

Sorry mate. Yesterday was breakfast meeting at my place with (probable? possible?) incoming Councillor (elections in September), then straight to Town Hall to wrestle with the vogons from the NSW Government's developer arm, followed by discussions with Council planners. Yesterday arvo I broke the back of an editorial on the FPV scene here in Oz for Drone Magazine (due last Monday, and very late - still not finished). Today I hosted a lunch at my place for my mother's birthday. This arvo I slept.

I have a Blade Theory Type W FPV flying wing here which I would love to maiden some time soon, but everything else I have to fly which weighs more than 100-grams needs investment to get in the air; and I have utterly obliterated my discretionary funds for the time being.

We all no doubt greatly appreciate all you do and lament the fact that we fail to reward it with a greater payoff by utilising the field with greater frequency; I know I certainly do. It is also clear to me that we are set to loose the back bone of our club when we lose you to HMAS, and that we have our work cut out for us attempting to fill your shoes.

I know that Rob is inclined to step up and provide continuity to the leadership you have thus far provided us (at least as long as I have been around, which is a few years now) and, having had the chance to work relatively closely with him and others among us as part of the recent festival, I have confidence you need not worry we will fall flat on our faces. I am also certainly prepared to do more to help maintain and perhaps even grow what we have here. The fact that we have this opportunity going forward is in no small part thanks to you, so I hope you will continue to fly with us on occasion after your impending move in order to keep a watchful eye over us. Perhaps we can mutually benefit from having such a close former member over at HMAS too. I have visited only once, but can see that a little cross pollination could have some merit. Great bunch of guys over there too!

(21-05-2017, 11:28 PM)Quadzimodo Wrote:  
(21-05-2017, 06:46 PM)Chris Mc Wrote:  Babar and I were there at 8.30, I had to leave by 10 but Babar stayed on. He normally leaves by 11.30. But you're correct, no wind, strip in good condition, nice and sunny and once again no members.

Sorry mate. Yesterday was breakfast meeting at my place with (probable? possible?) incoming Councillor (elections in September), then straight to Town Hall to wrestle with the vogons from the NSW Government's developer arm, followed by discussions with Council planners. Yesterday arvo I broke the back of an editorial on the FPV scene here in Oz for Drone Magazine (due last Monday, and very late - still not finished). Today I hosted a lunch at my place for my mother's birthday. This arvo I slept.

I have a Blade Theory Type W FPV flying wing here which I would love to maiden some time soon, but everything else I have to fly which weighs more than 100-grams needs investment to get in the air; and I have utterly obliterated my discretionary funds for the time being.

We all no doubt greatly appreciate all you do and lament the fact that we fail to reward it with a greater payoff by utilising the field with greater frequency; I know I certainly do. It is also clear to me that we are set to loose the back bone of our club when we lose you to HMAS, and that we have our work cut out for us attempting to fill your shoes.

I know that Rob is inclined to step up and provide continuity to the leadership you have thus far provided us (at least as long as I have been around, which is a few years now) and, having had the chance to work relatively closely with him and others among us as part of the recent festival, I have confidence you need not worry we will fall flat on our faces. I am also certainly prepared to do more to help maintain and perhaps even grow what we have here. The fact that we have this opportunity going forward is in no small part thanks to you, so I hope you will continue to fly with us on occasion after your impending move in order to keep a watchful eye over us. Perhaps we can mutually benefit from having such a close former member over at HMAS too. I have visited only once, but can see that a little cross pollination could have some merit. Great bunch of guys over there too!
it was damn good conditions yesterday ...wanted to stay there but no body showed up so got bored and packed up at 11.30ish ...

PEMAC it is not HMAS
Smile

I had noticed that the weather was very enjoyable for flying yesterday, but unfortunately I was out at Berkshire Park celebrating the birth of my GFs grand daughter, but will definately be there this Saturday, weather permitting with the Trojan and possibly the paraglider...

Gravity sucks, or should I say, is the downfall of all things flying. It's the way it's controlled that makes the end memorable or not.

Shame I did not make it last weekend either, weather looked really great despite the forecasts.

Will be there next weekend, hopeful I get my biplane back together in time Smile

Ha, We should change the name of this thread to "Not flying this weekend..."

It didn't help that the weather forecast for last Fri & Sat was for heavy rain - expected the field to be washed out, so made other plans.
Should learn by now not to trust forecasts too much.

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,
Durafly P51 Mustang, Edge 540T 3D.
Helis: Blade mCPX, Blade 450X, HK450GT V2Belt, Gaui 550 Hurricane.
Spektrum DX9, DX7se & DX4e

Just a minor correction Jason. I am joining PEMAC not HMAS.

I didn't really make that comment so that people can open their lives to me, it was just an observation that I, and a few others, have noticed the lack of members participating in RC Flying at McCoy Field.

Some members have not flown since they joined back in July '16.

At the moment we currently have 4-6 regular members showing up each week, on some days it's just Babar and myself.

I have 3-4 reasons for leaving the Club, the main one being that I will be moving out that way later in the year, so it makes sense, however, another reason is the lack of vibe at the Club.

I can appreciate that non attending members have a lot of personal reasons why they don't attend and that is their business, my concern is that there may not be a Club in 2-3 years, which would be a shame.

I would certainly hope, as you have a good interest in the Club, that you nominate for a position on the Committee on June 4th.

well thats the reason i would be leaving the club as well this year to join pemac...there was a time just less than 2 years ago as a beginner i wanted to fly alone ...believe me there were always 3 to four planes at the same time in the air so i was a bit hesitant to fly..now there are times now that there is no one except me(when chris leave early)
at one time i got so bored that after 3 flights i headed to pemac..thats when i decided to join pemac

Ok stop depressing me... this weekend looks great hasnt been any rain (I think)... can anyone nearby check the field today and report? None forecasted this weekend. Wind is going to barely register Sat AND Sun. I think it is a Flying Weekend!! So charge batteries, dust off the airframes, tell the wife... ?..whatever you need to... Smile and come down for an hour, two or more... planes, quads, helis... bring it, even if just to say hello!!

I was about to post something similar,Rob Smile I will be there Saturday morning Smile

Cheers.

Field is looking great. Had a fly on Wednesday. Some water still on Grace end and narrow strip opposite flight box but very flyable. See you Saturday, wife's birthday Sunday so that's out for me.

i might not make it tomm...i wish i could come...looks good for tomm

A few of us have been down at the field mid week as well. Met Pete & Ron on Tuesday for a few hours of flying (& mugs of tea). I also went down Thurs for another few hours (on leave at the moment), and had much fun in perfect conditions.
Busy on Saturday but will try to come down Sunday morning.

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,
Durafly P51 Mustang, Edge 540T 3D.
Helis: Blade mCPX, Blade 450X, HK450GT V2Belt, Gaui 550 Hurricane.
Spektrum DX9, DX7se & DX4e

Light wind forecast for midday tomorrow Wednesday. That's when I'll be down.

srl

I'll be down at 8:30am for a pre work flight. I need to up Los a video for
You to look at Steve, have the sound from the Yak making weird noises. I'll upload later tonight

Sunny and light wind... ? gonna be a good day!

Yeah planning to be down by 12:15 ? Normally can't do Sundays but I've made an exception haha! See you there

Family day out today, have a good one Smile

It was a nice days flying
Light breeze at times from different directions but all the same very pleasant!!

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Looks like too much wind for tomorrow , Wednesday.

srl

Yeah, I'm not game to go up in that wind. Hopefully the weekends forecast gets better Smile

Tomorrow doesn't look to inviting with this wind..... Although Sunday is looking better especially in the afternoon.....
The August winds are on time this year....

Gravity sucks, or should I say, is the downfall of all things flying. It's the way it's controlled that makes the end memorable or not.

Good for quads thoughIcon_twisted
I'll be down about 10.30 and set up the poles for a bit of a course.
Thread Closed