Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average

Archive: Flying this Week...

Hi Guys,

Popped down the field for a check up. VERY soggy throughout the whole area. Still puddles on the roadway in and runway. Lots of rubbish laying around.

So NO DRIVING IN till a Committee member checks it out first and advises, thanks.

I am suggesting as we are due for more rain tomorrow that this weekend will be a wash out.

It wouldn't kill me to miss flying for one day, but then again, why risk it.

Is the AGM ON this coming Sunday, (In Lake Mcoy Mud ? )
Not that much rain over the week, can we be slightly hopeful for a dry-ish field ?

If you don't live on the edge, you take up too much space.

I took a walk onto the field at lunch time today and the ground is extremely soggy underfoot apart from the usual lakes we normally get.

My advice is NO DRIVING IN, and hand launch planes plus helis and drones.

Thanks for the update, Chris.

I might go for a wander down later this morning for a look
Haven been down for a while it's been an amazingly busy month!!

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

I went down this morning and turned the sign around about no driving in, I also put up a log barrier in case people didn't notice the sign. Greg G turned up to fly, he was happy to walk in.

(11-06-2016, 11:12 AM)Chris Mc Wrote:  I went down this morning and turned the sign around about no driving in, I also put up a log barrier in case people didn't notice the sign. Greg G turned up to fly, he was happy to walk in.
"The AGM will now be on Sunday 1975 June at 111am.
This will give the field a good chance to dry out.
See you there.
Chris McCarthy"

Chris, this is the email you sent regarding the AGM, can you decode this for the new members please?

Regards Todd

Gravity sucks, or should I say, is the downfall of all things flying. It's the way it's controlled that makes the end memorable or not.

We have to hold a Annual General Meeting once a year. It's main purpose is to elect a new Committee, that being President, Vice president, Secretary, Treasurer and 2 Committee Members.
It is usually held May or June, but must be done by 30th June. Also there will be other items on the Agenda and questions concerning the Club can be raised from the floor.
Any person can apply for a position on the Committee, however, forms will need to be filled out by this weekend. Any member wishing to nominate can download the forms from the Website and give it to a Committee member over the weekend or let me know. Whilst it is not mandatory for members to attend it does give members a chance to suggest ideas to the Committee concerning the Club.

Also I just noticed i did not press the caps key so it should read "Sunday June 19th at 11am. My apologies.

Tomorrow the field will be open for Drive in. Please stay close to the right hand side.

Thinking of heading down myself this morning for a couple of hours

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Looking good for the weekend guys. Apart from a bit of frost early the rest is sensational. See you there.

Hello everyone, it was a great weekend for flying, with only a few retrievals from Mother Nature and 2 of those were my planes.
Upon a group air crash investigation investigators, 1st plane was found to have a ESC/BEC overheat and cause a loss of power to the Rx.
2nd plane incident was found to have the vertical tailplane not being glued into place(fault by owner from rebuilt) and a previous repair becoming broken again.
I really got to take my hat off to Andre, Jason(speed boy) and another pilot for their skill in flying their helis the way they do. Takes lot of concentration to fly those beasts.
Many thanks to everyone who helped out on both days and it makes me and my son always happy to come down and fly with you guys every weekend.

Chris, could you please give me those rates you mentioned to me last week to use on the Skipper, thanks.
Todd

Gravity sucks, or should I say, is the downfall of all things flying. It's the way it's controlled that makes the end memorable or not.

50% Dual rate on Ailerons 40%expo
70% " " " Rudder 40%
60% " " " Elevator 40%

Hope this helps. Just remember that when turning the nose will drop so keep the Elevator up (pull back), gentle turns or Rudder turns are okay. Good luck

Hi guys,

I will be absent from the field for 4 weeks, on holidays in South Australia etc.

If anything is required by me for my role as Club Secretary please email through the website otherwise Rob Attard has my number.

Also, a new member Pat was down there on Sunday with his Cub, on Mode 1. Please give him assistance in flying. Thanks.

Happy flying.

Just been down for a late walk in fly. This wind and long grass is drying it out quick so if the showers stay away it should be ok for Ron to cut later in the week.
I'm thinking of putting online Phenix flight Sim up every Wednesday night when indoor is not on, Anyone interested in joining in?

srl

that could be fun... it need to upgrade my PC... but will give it a go... are you going to run a clinic?? ! Smile

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the field update.

Count me in for the Phoenix online session Smile

Just gave Phoenix a test and its fine. Even better now on a 4K tv.
Have it updated to the latest l.
I'll go with its standard 3d fields so those who wish can go FPV.
Have a Cam on so you can talk.
Might have it on again tonight to test.

srl

My computer sometimes stops when hosting 4 or more but I noticed last night that it is transferred if the host leaves, not stopping the online session.

Will be on from 7.30 tonight.

srl

Ok post your details tonite to connect... never done this, do we have audio between each other?? ala skype?

Just go multiplayer- online and look under Australia
Will be on soon.

srl

im about 15mins away... joining soon

is there audio?

Cant find any sessions

I'm on but no one has joined.
I can text in the sim.

srl

hmm i was there but couldnt see you... my pc is slow... i am going to install on another ... might need to try again another night ... im 20-30 mins away

managed to login for a while, not sure if my audio was working, could hear SRL though .

good fun ! less boring than flying alone in a sim for sure. Cheers,

How about we get together on a weekend of no flying and try it?

(08-03-2017, 11:52 PM)Busboy Wrote:  How about we get together on a weekend of no flying and try it?

Weekend??????????
No Flying????????

Are you crazy mister????

Strikes have really affected you BusBoy Smile

Well I think the skipper and other amphibious craft will get some fly time in.....lol

(08-03-2017, 11:52 PM)Busboy Wrote:  How about we get together on a weekend of no flying and try it?

Yep

Not sure what condition the field is in. I am assuming that the Mowing Team hasn't been down.
I will go down at 8.30 and post a report either here on on Facebook.

If anyone gets there before me, please DO NOT drive in until the field has had a walk in inspection.

Hey Chris,

I changed the props on my Skymule, added some Mater Airscrew 10inch carbon reinforced nylon.

I tightened up the props, stood in front and maxed out the throttle.....

Lesson DON'T stand in front of plane when testing new props, especially if not tight enough.

BTW The new props are much more powerful.

Cheers,

Andrew

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thread Closed