Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average

Archive: Flying this Week...

Seeing on how things go, and if there is anyone down there, I might have to have a little Stinson time tomorrow.

Signature overload. That list just got ridiculous. However, Funcubs are .... fun.

Well, didn't make it... and probably not tomorrow. Still sitting up listening to ABC radio news about the fires down home.

Signature overload. That list just got ridiculous. However, Funcubs are .... fun.

Heading to McCoy for a few flights...
What a pretty sight!

<table width="100%" border="0"><tr>
<td>
<span title="No longer arboreally challenged!">Parkzone Stinson SR-10 </span>
Extra-300S EPP
<del>F-18 Blue Angels 64mm EDF</del>
<span title="Why won't it die?!">HK Mini Cessna EPO</span>
Spektrum DX6i - Mode 1</td>
<td valign=top>
Parkzone T-28 Ultra Micro
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
"2x6" basla/ply kit built glider
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
Skyartec Cessna 182 (small UAV)
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
<span title="2nd-hand; rebuild on-hold">"BigBoy" Hugin (biggest UAV)</span>
<span title="For invading small countries">X-8 flying wing</span></td>
</tr></table>

Hey-hey! Look at that! Smile

Steve Murray

Now that's a sight for sore eyes... sweet.

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

lovin it . !!!!!!

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

Beautie!! I'll be calling in for a look an the way home

Hope fully they've got some more done by then too !!

AWSOME !!!!!!

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Holy Weeping Willows Batman, no tears from me. The pest species soon to be gone. Smile Smile Smile Smile

Friday morning flying is on - KevB, JohnH and myself are booked in for a few hours tomorrow before it gets too warm. Anyone else who has the morning off and is thinking about dancing on the graves of the willow trees is welcome to join!

Steve Murray

Sounds like a great idea and I'd certainly love to be there but sadly duty calls I have to spend another day in the salt mine.

Have Fun !!

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

I intend to be down as early as I can muster, I have a nice new step up from my Bixler, and a diagonal step from my Stinson to maiden... or get someone with talent to maiden... an Art-tech Devil trainer.

Having a slight clench at the size of this thing, it is a healthy 30 + , but remembering that big planes can be docile...

.... that is if there is no rain and wind. If that's the case, I'm going back to bed Tounge

Is anyone flying tomorrow, Kevin B/John H?
BTW had a look at McCoy this evening and it doesn't look good, so I was thinking of PEMAC for tomorrow (I'm on leave this week, yippee!!) and the forecast doesn't look bad either.

I agree Chris - I wandered around the field a bit after 6:00pm today and it isn't operational at the moment. It's clear that there was water flowing over the entire field, judging by the flotsam left behind.

It might recover for the weekend though, given that the forecast is good. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens later in the week, but I'm optimistic.

Steve Murray

planning on flying today , wednesday . do you guys think the field will be dry enough ?

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

Sorry mate - haven't been to the field since Sunday, so it would be guess-work only.

Steve Murray

My guess is that it would be OK for most planes that don't land too hot and have reasonable sized wheels

I am allways optemistic Smile...........................However that does get me in the Sh@#t some times.

had a fantastic day . the strip is fine . a little wet towards the weeds , but the side nearest the pilot box is perfect . the only thing missing was the rest of you guys .
It's marvelous when you say to yourself , time to crank up my flying skills and do some low 3D flying ! 5 minutes later the yak 54 is no more . LOL . PLENTY OF SPARES FOR THE NEXT ONE .
NOW what to replace it with . perhaps a big KATANA , OR SUKHOI !! AND THE MX2 CAN BECOME MY SMALL 3D . PLANE . I'LL HAVE TO GIVE IT SOME THOUGHT . !!!! OR maybe just buy another small yak 54 . . plenty to weigh up here . how long the wife wont talk to me for , maybe i should go the BIGGER ONE !!!Biggrin I'LL HAVE TO GIVE IT SOME MORE THOUGHT . as usuall the budgets tight , but a project wouldnt go a stray .
anyhow , i still really really had a great days flying .

Bugger ay don't ya hate it when that happens ??

You could allways get your self a RareBear nothing to put together and a great little flyer!

Fits the bugget too !!

there are other versions of the rarebare , they come is s'bach and corsair as well .

here's a lik to the high-spec funfighter series from HK there are a few different warbirds but no Sbach

The search link below has 5 pages

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...funfighter&x=0&y=0

I would go for the firstly The RareBear because it's fast and it's thick fuse makes it very tough and durable. It comes in an unpainted version so you can easily do it in your colour scheme
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...ouse_.html

The F6f might be worth a try

Or the other candidate would be the trojan.

The P47 might be OK as well

The Coursair didn't fly nearly as well as the rarebear

Ian had some limited success with the mustang

I got suckered in by a spot special on the Corsair and I tell you, it is a bucket.

The fuse is so soft, the tiniest amount of down pressure on the tail plane flexes it so far the hatch (whole top of the fuse) clears it's locking dowel and just falls off (in your hand) and speaking of the top of the fuse, it was a good 20mm narrower than the bottom half. I had to soak it in hot water and squish out the radius to make it span the bottom half, then pack the front edge than keys under the cowl with foam tape to make it hold down by reclaiming the height lost in widening it.

Complete p.o.s.....

I just received the Bf-109 and it appears to have the same narrow hatch issue as the Corsair. I haven't tested the tailplane flexing thing yet, but it wouldn't surprise me if it had that "feature" as well Smile

Oh well, I'm going to slap it together tonight and wring it out tomorrow - if it flies well enough, then I'll see what I can do about the imperfections and give it a paint-job - otherwise I'll pull the goodies out of it and chuck the foam before doing a balsa build like Jason.

Steve Murray

Gentlemen
Could we please open a new post for this subject and not fill an important sticky with discussion... Thank you

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

Hi All,

Planning to go to the field tomorrow morning from around 9.45 to 12 or so. Conditions look great.

RDO today, so going down to the field 11am till around 1pm.

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,
Durafly P51 Mustang, Edge 540T 3D.
Helis: Blade mCPX, Blade 450X, HK450GT V2Belt, Gaui 550 Hurricane.
Spektrum DX9, DX7se & DX4e

That was fun. 5 Heli & 3 Plane flights. All batteries depleted. Off home now.

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,
Durafly P51 Mustang, Edge 540T 3D.
Helis: Blade mCPX, Blade 450X, HK450GT V2Belt, Gaui 550 Hurricane.
Spektrum DX9, DX7se & DX4e

Anyone down there?

Hi All,
What's happening ANZAC day?
Weather forecast is looking OK, is anyone flying?

Chris M

Yes Chris - I understand there's a mowing party happening tomorrow afternoon in readiness for Thursday.

Steve Murray

With Anzac Day on this Thursday and the weather forecast looking good the Committee will be putting on a BBQ at McCoy for any pilot + family and friends or visitor who will be at the field from about 11am.

Hope to see you there.
Thread Closed