Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average

Archive: Flying this Week...

I intend to mow 8.00am tomorrow (weather permitting) and takes about 3 hours. Willing assistants with a mower are welcomed & will allow an earlier flying time

A review of the field this afternoon (Friday) revealed the strip is in the best condition for some time and ready for some good flying this weekend. The windy condition have really dried out surface over the previous 24hrs. So long as there is no rain overnight the strip should be even better by Saturday morning.

The main strip is a bit narrower then usual but to help out there is now a white line down it's centre. It will be interesting to see if Pilots find the line an improvement or the opposite, please let the Committee know your opinion.

I like the idea of a white line I find it makes landing on the strip easier

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Got the day off, and I'm going down to the field to fly a few packs. Gate should be open ~11:15am. I intend to be there at least around 2 or 3ish - longer if anyone else is down there flying as well.

A very nice day for it !!

Have a good one !! Smile

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Thanx for the posting Andre, very useful to non entry code holders & those not wanting to fly alone. Let's hope others follow your kind initiative.

I was looking at coming down tomorrow (Boxing Day) to open at around 8AM but based on recent experiences, I would think that the current rain has squelched any chance of the field being usable for the next couple of days.

FrSky Q X7 Mode 2, Turnigy 9XR Pro and Evolution. Multirotors, planes plus a couple of heli's. Too many to list.

Aaaaand if the wife is reading this: "The club made me buy these planes, I had no part in it, honestly!"

Just took a trip to McCoy Park Aquatic Centre and the news is not good.
All of the runway is soggy again with the usual pools but somewhat enlarged.
Looking towards Grace end of strip, closest pool is opposite pilot box.

View from pilot box.

The good news is that council have laid logs along parking area to stop council mowers mowing new trees & plants.

Bad news is that the dumpers have returned. Good news is that it wasn't in front of the gate. Bad news is positioned to prevent pushing entry rail far enough to drive in & will require some labour to clear a rail path.

Sorry guys but walk in only today and belly landers & cleaning rags are the order of the day.

"Flying might not be all plain sailing, but the fun of it is worth the price."
Amelia Earhart

E-flite Apprentice WS 1475 (the best trainer) Thumbup
Parkzone P-47D Thumbup Thunderbolt & T-28 Trojan Thumbup
E-flite Eratix 3D 25e Thumbup Thumbup
E-flite Extra 300 3D indoor flier
E-flite Rhapsody Balsa biplane - on repair bench
Super N Cheaper Edge 540. under build
SRL Extra 330 3D depron profile plane

Spektrum DX6i & DX8

I'm currently in Newcastle as my stepdaughter delivered my wife and I our second grandchild.
I had a fly this morning at the Rebel Flying Club at Hexham. Nice strip, 30 mtrs of concreted and covered shade area with colourbond. Luckily only 3 of us flying and even though we received a fair dump of rain overnight the grass strip was in excellent condition. Sorry guys for raining on your parade.....pun intended lol.

It wouldn't kill me to miss flying for one day, but then again, why risk it.

Congratulations POP! Boy or Girl? Doing Well?

(28-12-2014, 04:21 PM)IrishWolf Wrote:  Congratulations POP! Boy or Girl? Doing Well?

Thanks mate. A little girl, Charlotte. Mum are bub are doing well.

I'll be flying again tomorrow (Monday) about 10.30.
I had a go of my DLG today it was fun.
http://newtonairlines.blogspot.com.au/20...build.html

srl

Not a normal day for me to fly, but as I don't go back to work till 2nd Jan, I intend to make use of our mowing efforts today and open up tomorrow (Wednesday) at my usual 8.00 - 8.30.
See you all there guys. A 15% chance of 1-5mm rain (which is Willy's way of saying probably wont rain but I will forecast some just in case). Winds will be under 10kph until midday.

Heading down to the field this morning for a few hours flying. 9:15 to 12:15.

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,
Durafly P51 Mustang, Edge 540T 3D.
Helis: Blade mCPX, Blade 450X, HK450GT V2Belt, Gaui 550 Hurricane.
Spektrum DX9, DX7se & DX4e

Top day for flying. Barely any wind, even when I left around midday.
A few other members turned up as well and even a visitor.

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,

Rob & I mowed the field on Thursday ready for a fly this weekend but willy has played up again since. We were only able a shortened strip & reduced width because of soggy conditions. Rain followed & more drizzle today. Forecast is for fog in the morning & afternoon rain. I will attend the field tomorrow morning 7am ish & post a report on the field condition & return 8 - 8.30 if ok to fly.
Fingers crossed.

Gunna have to pull the pin on my morning visit to the field tomorrow, am in hospital with chest pain. ECG ok but here for a day or two under observation.

I'd visit but not allowed near the Hospital if it is Westmead.

(17-04-2015, 11:58 PM)Flying fisho Wrote:  Gunna have to pull the pin on my morning visit to the field tomorrow, am in hospital with chest pain. ECG ok but here for a day or two under observation.

Westmead it is, now looks like I had a mild heat attack. Sorry Pete but my mower will be having a rest for a while.

(18-04-2015, 01:04 AM)Flying fisho Wrote:  Westmead it is, now looks like I haha had a mild heat attack. Sorry Pete but my mower will be having a rest for a while.

Take care mate and rest up.

No need to apologise for getting crook. Rest and recover is all the work you need to do now. Take it easy and get better.
Pete.

If interested in flying... been to field and it is dry enough but the wind is too strong so quiet challenging... im going home else its going to end in tears.

Look after yourself Wayne, get well.

I'm off work this week. Going to the field around 10am to fly until my thumbs are bleeding Wink

Flying today. About 9.30
srl

Flying Wednesday 18th about 8.30 before it gets hot.
srl.

Heading down to the field with a fixed & a rotary wing.
There around 10:15am or so.

John Jelovic

Looking at great weather for Saturday. Light winds, sunshine although some early morning fog. I will be opening up by 9am.

(05-05-2016, 09:41 AM)Chris Mc Wrote:  Looking at great weather for Saturday. Light winds, sunshine although some early morning fog. I will be opening up by 9am.

Awesome Chris,
I intend to come for a visit and flight. Thumbup

Flying RC is just more than a hobby now. Thumbup

Thought I would pop down the field to check water levels.....I left quickly

.jpg fin.jpg Size: 7.98 KB  Downloads: 93

(05-06-2016, 05:46 PM)Chris Mc Wrote:  Thought I would pop down the field to check water levels.....I left quickly

Lol

But from the news reports about old toongabbie possible evacuation due to flooding i thinking the Field would be pretty close to Sharknado 3, Pictured above Wink

So can you imagine the Field would have to be so full of water to cause it to flood over in peters parade old toongabbie which is over near oakes road other side of windsor rd

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile
Thread Closed