Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average

Archive: Flying this Week...

Hmm ... the forecast says 37degC with winds and the possibility of a shower of rain thrown in too, Steve Frown

Steve Murray

(01-01-2014, 10:27 PM)smuzz Wrote:  Hmm ... the forecast says 37degC with winds and the possibility of a shower of rain thrown in too, Steve Frown
.... Yes.... I think I might have a change of heart.... lol.... As I am writing this it's already stinking hot !... lol... Might stay indoors and continue my builds... lol
\

I had a great afternoons flying today
It was cool and there was little wind I couldn't believe that I had the field pretty much to my self

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

(08-01-2014, 11:18 PM)secant0give Wrote:  I had a great afternoons flying today
It was cool and there was little wind I couldn't believe that I had the field pretty much to my self

Hi Jason,

What time were you there?

Chris & I were there between 12.45 & 1.45pm.

Also there was the newbie father & son (guy with the Bixler). Adam I think.

Pretty good conditions ...going down today again.

Ing

HobbyZone - SuperCub x 2
Parkzone -T-28D Trojan
Guanli - Cessna 182 / F4U Coursair
Multiplex - Twinstarr ll
Electrafun XP - Back from the dead - It flies

In the Hanger waiting Build
Guanli - ME 109 / Zero / P47 / F4U Cousair / T-109 / Spitfire / P47
Skyartec - Funjet x 2
Beaver - Balsa
Decathlon – Balsa - Big

The World Models - 40" Clipped Wing Cub Sunburst Red

In the Hanger Repair Shop
Guanli - P47 / Spitfire / Cub 3 Channel Modified / Skylark Glider

JR XP662 – 36MHz Radio – Mode 1
DX7 2.4GHz Mode 1

Hi ingo,
Must have just missed you was down there from 2:30 till stumps

Have fun mate should be nice today as well a couple of puddels on the edge of the strip but still plenty of room to land

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Hi Jason,

Sorry I missed you buddy.

Went down again today & guess what ..................get a gander at the driveway.

What a surprise after yesterdays muddy entry & exit.

They even provided a runoff path for water to run into creek ....Yes.

HobbyZone - SuperCub x 2
Parkzone -T-28D Trojan
Multiplex - Twinstarr ll

Skyartec - Funjet x 2
Beaver - Balsa
Decathlon – Balsa - Big

DX7 2.4GHz Mode 1

That looks great !!

I see there's been no dumped rubbish since the "video surveillance" sign went up Wink

I might go burn a few packs around midday. These conditions are too good to miss.

Hi everyone. I'm new here and relatively new to RC flying (~ 1 year, on and off). I currently fly an old Aeroflyte Domino (circa. 1993) that has been brushless-upgraded, and am currently building a bixler2.

I'm interested in finding a club to fly with others (flying solo is fun but it's never fun to crash alone!).

I was thinking of bringing my plane (see attachment - flying over Christensen park) next Wednesday arvo/evening. Would I be able to fly there as a guest to try out the field? Will anyone be there?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi there - Christensen Park? Can't say I've heard of it.
We fly at McCoy Park and that's quite a long drive from Bondi. If you're looking for a club to fly with, it might help to look at the Australian regional forum on www.rcgroups.com where there's a list of MAAA affiliated clubs and you might find one that doesn't involve so much travelling.

Steve Murray

Would love to find something closer but there ain't much.

I work (a few days a week) in Bella Vista - was thinking of dropping in after work.

(16-01-2014, 04:30 PM)smuzz Wrote:  Hi there - Christensen Park? Can't say I've heard of it.
We fly at McCoy Park and that's quite a long drive from Bondi. If you're looking for a club to fly with, it might help to look at the Australian regional forum on www.rcgroups.com where there's a list of MAAA affiliated clubs and you might find one that doesn't involve so much travelling.

Sorry, bad spelling. It's "Christison Park" ... up at Vaucluse near the light house. Great view, but one wrong turn and your plane's over the cliff, never to be seen again.

(16-01-2014, 04:30 PM)smuzz Wrote:  Hi there - Christensen Park? Can't say I've heard of it.

OK - well if you're in the area, you'd be welcome to drop by. It's probably too early to say with any certainty whether anyone will actually be at the field next Wednesday afternoon, but check in again here on Monday and Tuesday to see if anyone has posted their intention.
Cheers,
Steve

Steve Murray

Just popped down to the field
To have a look at and fly some Rearbears

Looks like it might be an R & R weekend (Rest & Repair) due to the weather.

It wouldn't kill me to miss flying for one day, but then again, why risk it.

The rain certainly has not been on our side over the past few? months. The forecast this weekend is not looking too crash hot & the amount of rain last Sunday would have seen the return of pools on the strip to restrict landing space.
The pain I displayed last Saturday turned out to be Pleurisy and although pain has mostly gone, I am still laid up. Showery skies will ease my dismay of being restricted to home. Some kind of silver lining in the cursed clouds.

It's the June long w/e. Rain is standard.

Signature overload. That list just got ridiculous. However, Funcubs are .... fun.

Anyone flying at McCoy this afternoon?

Post up if you are

It's pretty windy right now mate ... might die off towards sunset but at the moment it would be very bumpy.

Steve Murray

Hi All - I am looking to join your the club and I wanted to introduce myself and check out your field this Saturday. I have used the Contact form on the web site but not heard anything yet so I am just trying here.

Do I just turn up and say hi andcan I bring a plane with me?

<hr>
71_71 So my question is... Where the hell does all the money go??? 71_71

Welcome Simon.
My apologies for our non-response. To be honest not sure where to look for it but this forum is your best shot, although we do prefer the "introduce yourself here" thread.
The majority of our pilots attend on the weekends & there should be members there mainly in the mornings from about 8.30. You are welcome to bring a plane to fly but please be reminded, we strictly fly electric only. Unless you are already an MAAA member, you will be restricted to 4 flying days under supervision before required to join as we only allow insured pilots to fly.
If you are a newby we have instructors who can assist you to gain sufficient skills to eventually fly solo.
If you are already a skilled pilot you will be able to fly solo once endorsed by our MAAA endorsed instructor.
You are also welcome to simply turn up for a chat, it was what some of us do best & there will be no shortage of friendly conversationalists.
Keep an eye on the forum Friday night, as we have rain forecast for the weekend. I normally post prospective flying intentions then.

You may not have had a reply because our secretary has been on holidays. I'm sorry about, but please do come allong on Saturday, say g'day to the guys and have a look at the field. I'm hoping to be there some time shortly after lunch. I'm a bit busy in the morning but the usual crowd will be there early saturday if the weather's nice.
By all means bring a plane with you your more than welcome to fly as a visitor as long as you can do so safely. One of the guys will check you out and explain the safety rules and the flying area etc.

See you on Saturday !!

Jason

(23-09-2014, 02:28 PM)EasySimes Wrote:  Hi All - I am looking to join your the club and I wanted to introduce myself and check out your field this Saturday. I have used the Contact form on the web site but not heard anything yet so I am just trying here.

Anyone heading down for a flight today? Now that I'm working at Norwest these days, I'm thinking of heading down for a bit of flying at lunchtime if nothing unexpected comes up before then.

FrSky Q X7 Mode 2, Turnigy 9XR Pro and Evolution. Multirotors, planes plus a couple of heli's. Too many to list.

Aaaaand if the wife is reading this: "The club made me buy these planes, I had no part in it, honestly!"

(23-09-2014, 02:28 PM)EasySimes Wrote:  Hi All - I am looking to join your the club and I wanted to introduce myself and check out your field this Saturday. I have used the Contact form on the web site but not heard anything yet so I am just trying here.

Hi,

Can you please post where ( contact) you addressed your inquiry to?

I cannot find anything relating an inquiry!

We as a club take all inquires seriously & endeavour to answer all with a quick & timely response.

I am currently looking after the Secretaries duties whilst he is on holidays.

Please post all email inquires to:-

secretary@rcflyingclub.com

Regards,

Ingo

HobbyZone - SuperCub x 2
Parkzone -T-28D Trojan
Multiplex - Twinstarr ll

Skyartec - Funjet x 2
Beaver - Balsa
Decathlon – Balsa - Big

DX7 2.4GHz Mode 1

(24-09-2014, 09:31 AM)symowallo Wrote:  Anyone heading down for a flight today? Now that I'm working at Norwest these days, I'm thinking of heading down for a bit of flying at lunchtime if nothing unexpected comes up before then.

Hi Simon
I was busy today , maybe sometime after a week or so.
Rain is returning.

srl

Thanks forthe replies guys. I will come down on Sunday if that is OK. She Who Must Be Obeyed only allows me out on Sunday mornings at the moment due to family commitments.

I will bring a couple of planes if that is OK (Spitfire, P47 - maybe an F22 Raptor).

I have no problem at all with electric although I am hoping you are OK with Pushers / Prop in Slot designs as I have really got in to Scratchbuilding and have got 3 pushers.

Not a deal breaker if not - but nice to know.

See you Sunday.

<hr>
71_71 So my question is... Where the hell does all the money go??? 71_71

(26-09-2014, 07:45 PM)EasySimes Wrote:  Thanks forthe replies guys. I will come down on Sunday if that is OK. She Who Must Be Obeyed only allows me out on Sunday mornings at the moment due to family commitments.

I will bring a couple of planes if that is OK (Spitfire, P47 - maybe an F22 Raptor).

I have no problem at all with electric although I am hoping you are OK with Pushers / Prop in Slot designs as I have really got in to Scratchbuilding and have got 3 pushers.

Not a deal breaker if not - but nice to know.

See you Sunday.

Sounds good, Just a Caution with pusher props , They tend to be a little louder.
So you may need to get a noise Check to make sure its under 80db

Reference Links on our Forum
Noise Levels
http://forum.rcflyingclub.com/showthread.php?tid=775&pid=16181#pid16181

How to reduce Noise
http://forum.rcflyingclub.com/showthread.php?tid=685&pid=13994#pid13994

Steve Smile

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Just got to the field now
With a few packs to dishcharge

Greetings fellow fliers, as well as weekends our official midweek flying day is Wednesday. This day is normally sparsely attended however we are coming up to the holiday season with more of our pilots with midweek time to fill in. We have quite a few new members without combination access to the field. As a courtesy to these new members & potential members, if anybody is going to open up midweek, can you please post your intentions on this thread, the same as I do on weekends. Remember courtesy costs nothing to give, but invaluable to receive.

I had 4 flights today with the depron Extra330 before the wind came at midday.
All the ground is soft and grass long so its walk in only for now. Looks like wind for tomorrow but OK for good flying Thursday..
srl

If the field has dried enough, I intend mowing Thursday morning and as per our by-laws, no flying whilst field maintenance in progress. So late morning or early arvo will be ok to fly.
Thread Closed