Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average

Archive: Flying this Week...

Steve - I had a close look at the strip on Sunday and it looked good to mow then, so I expect it's fine.
I was thinking about packing a plane and the mower in the car and heading down there at about 3:00pm on Friday - have you got any jobs on Friday afternoon?

Steve Murray

(29-08-2012, 08:41 PM)smuzz Wrote:  Steve - I had a close look at the strip on Sunday and it looked good to mow then, so I expect it's fine.
I was thinking about packing a plane and the mower in the car and heading down there at about 3:00pm on Friday - have you got any jobs on Friday afternoon?

Unfortunately i do have Jobs, Mowing and Flying down at Mcoy Wink Seee Ya There

Steve Smile

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Strip looked great, but does it need a mow? Flew the SBach straight off it no problem today, and that probably has the smallest wheels and one of the lowest clearances of our wheeled fleet.

Reckon you could save it for a week if pressed.

<table width="100%" border="0"><tr>
<td>
<span title="No longer arboreally challenged!">Parkzone Stinson SR-10 </span>
Extra-300S EPP
<del>F-18 Blue Angels 64mm EDF</del>
<span title="Why won't it die?!">HK Mini Cessna EPO</span>
Spektrum DX6i - Mode 1</td>
<td valign=top>
Parkzone T-28 Ultra Micro
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
"2x6" basla/ply kit built glider
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
Skyartec Cessna 182 (small UAV)
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
<span title="2nd-hand; rebuild on-hold">"BigBoy" Hugin (biggest UAV)</span>
<span title="For invading small countries">X-8 flying wing</span></td>
</tr></table>

I can't promiss anything, but if work commitments allow, I'll be there to give you guys a hand.
I will pack my mower in the van Friday morning so I can come straight from work.
Gazz

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

(29-08-2012, 10:01 PM)Claudius Wrote:  Strip looked great, but does it need a mow? ... Reckon you could save it for a week if pressed.
Thanks Claudio, but have you seen the size of the wheels on KevB's and Mick's Spads? They're smaller than a cane toad's freckle ... plus, I need the exercise Wink

Steve Murray

I can beat that, the tyres on my Champ are massive, 19mm. I can't measure the tail wheel, I don't have a ruler that huge.

I may brave friday arvo mayhem and lend moral support. I can't assist in the mowing though - old vibration induced tendon and nerve damage. If I mow, I can't use my hands for a week Frown

Signature overload. That list just got ridiculous. However, Funcubs are .... fun.

No worries Steven - you bring the "refreshments", and all will be well Smile

Steve Murray

(29-08-2012, 11:32 PM)smuzz Wrote:  No worries Steven - you bring the "refreshments", and all will be well Smile

I going to rig up the tx and rx to mower and let it mow while sinking down a few beers i rekon in my deck chair Biggrin

Steve Smile

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Now that would be just fine - or hook up a draw bar, I have plenty of things like this to tow it with...

[Image: DSCF7988.jpg]

Wink

Signature overload. That list just got ridiculous. However, Funcubs are .... fun.

lol

Heh Thats a Nice looking Machine you have there Steven

Scale 4x4's are my other "thang" in the non competitive rc world.

Hmmm... Bit pooey out. Might give this arvo a miss, get some stuff done and see you all in the morning Smile

Well, the weather was kind until 10am so I had two hours of enjoyable flying at McCoy this morning. The PZ P51 went back into the air after repairs to damage caused by a tree jumping in the way last week. And the PZ SE5A also had two flights, this was its first flight since January 2012. The strip was nice and short and landing went off well, I just had to make sure I didn't land two slowly.

Very Nice Kev B, It was a nice day Today.

Do you Think the strip needs a mow for the weekend.

Steve Smile

(12-09-2012, 06:58 PM)samste Wrote:  Do you Think the strip needs a mow for the weekend.
Steve Smile

It was short enough today. I think it should be ok for the w/end. Have a holiday Steve.

Victor, Angus and I must have just missed you this morning KB.

<table width="100%" border="0"><tr>
<td>
<span title="No longer arboreally challenged!">Parkzone Stinson SR-10 </span>
Extra-300S EPP
<del>F-18 Blue Angels 64mm EDF</del>
<span title="Why won't it die?!">HK Mini Cessna EPO</span>
Spektrum DX6i - Mode 1</td>
<td valign=top>
Parkzone T-28 Ultra Micro
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
"2x6" basla/ply kit built glider
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
Skyartec Cessna 182 (small UAV)
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
<span title="2nd-hand; rebuild on-hold">"BigBoy" Hugin (biggest UAV)</span>
<span title="For invading small countries">X-8 flying wing</span></td>
</tr></table>

I'll be there Saturday... or Sunday if weather is poop.

(12-09-2012, 08:30 PM)Claudius Wrote:  Victor, Angus and I must have just missed you this morning KB.

...... and my TB-20 fell in love with the high tension wires.......could not get it to come back for a hug.....WOW

Smile

I'll have my Kinetic in the back of my van tomorrow, 3500kv ducted fan motor pulling a 4.75x 4.75 prop 1.3 amp 3s lipo, I've changed all but rudder for stronger servos, fingers crosseed! If I can make that is, this will be my plane for weekend. :-)

That moment when you button down a bag o' new servos to complete a new build, to find one has a dodgy pot and does the "wiggy wiggy - I'mma gonna freak out about now" thing when the slightest resistance is applied...

See y'all saturday

I'm going to try and get down the field this afternoon around 4-430 is for a few flights

and will try to do the same tomorrow as well

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Post if you are definatley flying tomorrow afternoon Jason, I will come and join you if the weather is OK.

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Will do Gazz, I should be there. If I can't make it or the weather looks forboding I'll post about lunchtime other wise I'll be ther between 4-4:30

See you there !!

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

(09-10-2012, 08:44 PM)secant0give Wrote:  Will do Gazz, I should be there. If I can't make it or the weather looks forboding I'll post about lunchtime other wise I'll be ther between 4-4:30

See you there !!

I gave myself any early mark, and am already down at the field.
Conditions are awesome.

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

(10-10-2012, 01:26 PM)gbanger Wrote:  I gave myself any early mark, and am already down at the field.
Conditions are awesome.

I think you timed it pretty well too, ya canny old git! Looks bad for the coming weekend ...
.png Screenshot from 2012-10-10 17:06:38.png Size: 14.52 KB  Downloads: 241

Steve Murray

Naaa... don't sweat mate... it will be sweet!

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

It's another tough day at the office for KevB Wink

Steve Murray

Hey someones gotta do it, and as I dont think he took the photo, seems you two work at the same office. Mind you, I spent some time at the same office today and must say the field looks great.

It is looking good and if we have more weather like this it will get better and better.

Hi All,
Is anyone intending on flying tomorrow morning (Wednesday) as I am intending to go down to the field for a couple of hours - am on holidays this week, yippee!
Chris M
Thread Closed