Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average

Archive: Flying this Week...

See you there.
Are you going to bring the new skyfun down?
I've got a lighter 6s battery you can use.

I dont think a 6S battery is a good idea, I amp tested it on a big sucker I have at home and it was drawing 125 amps pinned, I dont think that is a smart amount of power to have available to a motor that is rated at 100 amp burst.
I amp tested it on my old 4S batts and they are all out of puff from old age, started at 56 amps and droped back to less than 40 after 5 seconds at full throttle so I have ordered some new 5S 2750's 40C's for the sucker, but they are probably a week or so away.

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

(09-05-2012, 08:21 PM)gbanger Wrote:  I dont think a 6S battery is a good idea, I amp tested it on a big sucker I have at home and it was drawing 125 amps pinned, I dont think that is a smart amount of power to have available to a motor that is rated at 100 amp burst.
I amp tested it on my old 4S batts and they are all out of puff from old age, started at 56 amps and droped back to less than 40 after 5 seconds at full throttle so I have ordered some new 5S 2750's 40C's for the sucker, but they are probably a week or so away.

Gazz Gazz gazz

I have the Lipo you need, used 3 times 5s 2650 40c as i have my new lipo waiting for me at post office so i will have three now and you are more than welcome to use mine in mean time or buy it $20.00, which ever as i won't need this anymore. as i only want to have two. ( 1 zippy back up, 1 nano treated nicely)
You will need a xt60 adaptor though, as you use bullet plug style ?

Steve

Let me Know as i will be driving past Field probably around 10-11 tommorow. Keen to see it in the air Smile

Steve

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

I will be happy to take it off your hands Steve.
I will take the 60 off and replace it with bullets.
If you do get a chance to drop it by the field, I would appreciate it.

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

(09-05-2012, 11:06 PM)gbanger Wrote:  I will be happy to take it off your hands Steve.
I will take the 60 off and replace it with bullets.
If you do get a chance to drop it by the field, I would appreciate it.

No worries Gazz, i was actually hoping to get a little fly in myself Tommorow between Jobs ill bring the lipo and might put some planes in the van if i get time to fly as.
I would put bullets on for you but i don't have any, I do have a Adaptor if you need it xt60 to bullet if you want to give the skyfun a run Tommorow.

Steve

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Is it 3.5 or 4mm bullet?

Bring it along either way mate and if it fits I will give the Skyfun a run.

FYI : I will bring along some new bullets and solder the suckers on down at the field.

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

(09-05-2012, 11:25 PM)gbanger Wrote:  Is it 3.5 or 4mm bullet?

Bring it along either way mate and if it fits I will give the Skyfun a run.

FYI : I will bring along some new bullets and solder the suckers on down at the field.

Don't know its Red bullet, guess there 3.5, see ya Tommorow.

Steve

Weather looks good, Just about to head to McCoy for some flying.

Hoping to get some stick time in tomorrow AM. If a key holder is coming, or available to open up the gate on the way to work, could you please post here?

<table width="100%" border="0"><tr>
<td>
<span title="No longer arboreally challenged!">Parkzone Stinson SR-10 </span>
Extra-300S EPP
<del>F-18 Blue Angels 64mm EDF</del>
<span title="Why won't it die?!">HK Mini Cessna EPO</span>
Spektrum DX6i - Mode 1</td>
<td valign=top>
Parkzone T-28 Ultra Micro
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
"2x6" basla/ply kit built glider
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
Skyartec Cessna 182 (small UAV)
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
<span title="2nd-hand; rebuild on-hold">"BigBoy" Hugin (biggest UAV)</span>
<span title="For invading small countries">X-8 flying wing</span></td>
</tr></table>

Yes Claudio - I'll happily unlock, but it won't be too early. About 9:00am would be all I could promise.
I do believe that Willy is trying to tell us that flying tomorrow is a good idea ....

Steve Murray

Thanks for the offer Steve - that'd be great if you're able to.

<td>
Extra-300S EPP
<td valign=top>
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
</tr></table>

Thanks again for opening up Steve, on behalf of the 6 of us flying this morning.

Field is in such great shape. Here's hoping the weekend weather forecast doesn't eventuate.

<td>
Extra-300S EPP
<td valign=top>
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
</tr></table>

The weather is looking good for this Wednesday, I'm planning on dropping by there at around 10am. If the grounds ok I will open the gate.

What is the condition of the field like?? I'd have thaught it would still be pretty wet going by the antenna range here at work, It's still a bit soggy and it's usualyy dryer than out field

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Anyone flying or opening up tomorrow morning?

<td>
Extra-300S EPP
<td valign=top>
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
</tr></table>

(04-07-2012, 12:19 AM)Claudius Wrote:  Anyone flying or opening up tomorrow morning?
Sorry mate, can't do it tomorrow.
Driving in might be a bit dicey actually, I wouldn't want to be the last one out when the others in front had soiled the track.

Steve Murray

Hi guys, have been off crook all week but decided to take a walk onto the field this arvo for a look-see and am afraid the news is not too good Upset Frown . Driveway in was a bit slippery to walk on let alone allow passage for 2 wheel drive vehicles. N.W. end of runway pooled with water, S.E. end had surface water that would make planes very dirty. Good news is that grass has minimal growth but has thickened to cover all bare patches. Did not even attempt to walk on old runway as I think I would have sunk deeper than gumboot depth Icon_evil .

That's it, havin' a few beers tonight...

Hi Guys,
I concur with Wayne on the condition of the strip and I feel that alternative venues will need to be sort if you are hoping to fly this weekend or at least tomorrow. Having said that Heli's would be OK at McCoy but driving in is not really an option. Sorry for the bad news.
I'm choosing to fly at Penrith late tomorrow morning.

Chris M

Sorry for the bad news Arron, willy has had nasty habits of recent. Eratix ready to cut the sky, anybody else heading out to Pemac. Penrith has negligible% chance of rain & 7km winds, sounds like a go.

Well who would have guessed that is was gunna friggin rain.
IF the clouds piss off I will be heading out to PEMAC for a fly.

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

I will be heading to Mcoy for a walk in flying session

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Perfect flying day at Pemac, unfortunately I was not game to maiden the Eratix & could not find a mode 1 taker, confident enough with that style of plane to do the job. So it's cherry remains intact. Trojan was the order of the day for me with many uneventful flights in superb conditions.

Anybody flying tomorrow, that could either buddy cord or maiden the eratix for me at Penrith. Forecast looks ok

Would be happy to but I'm not AMAS enough Wink

Thanks Kieran, is a problem now for those who cant afford both. Although PEMAC's previous associate membership & full membership has negligible $ difference.

I may be Flying Tommorow, will see and post, Might Be able to Help You out.

Steve

I will be flying at PEMAC tomorrow mate. I was going to fly today but the conditions this morning put me off. Planning on flying from 8.30 till 12. I have got that 13 x 6.5 with me. Chocks away old chap!

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Thanks buddy, tried to call you umpteen times today to tell you forecast & actual conditions at Penrith not the same as here & were ideal.

I hope to be heading down to McCoy field again today for a walk in fy

Thread Closed