Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average

Archive: Flying this Week...

(03-02-2012, 08:15 AM)gbanger Wrote:  Looks like no one will be flying for at least another month or more.Frown

Never mind flying, after Rob's post we better put in a group order for gopher wood. Anyone know if HK sells by the cubit? Shock

<table width="100%" border="0"><tr>
<td>
<span title="No longer arboreally challenged!">Parkzone Stinson SR-10 </span>
Extra-300S EPP
<del>F-18 Blue Angels 64mm EDF</del>
<span title="Why won't it die?!">HK Mini Cessna EPO</span>
Spektrum DX6i - Mode 1</td>
<td valign=top>
Parkzone T-28 Ultra Micro
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
"2x6" basla/ply kit built glider
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
Skyartec Cessna 182 (small UAV)
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
<span title="2nd-hand; rebuild on-hold">"BigBoy" Hugin (biggest UAV)</span>
<span title="For invading small countries">X-8 flying wing</span></td>
</tr></table>

I guess I'll see you guys in a month or 2. On top of the weather, I'm moving house mid Feb & now have no time spare the next few weekends, maybe more. I guess I can gaze at my planes & helis as I pass them in the garage and daydream of a happier time long past when the skys were blue & runways were firm and cleanly mown.

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,
Durafly P51 Mustang, Edge 540T 3D.
Helis: Blade mCPX, Blade 450X, HK450GT V2Belt, Gaui 550 Hurricane.
Spektrum DX9, DX7se & DX4e

(03-02-2012, 01:31 PM)johnjelovic Wrote:  I guess I'll see you guys in a month or 2. On top of the weather, I'm moving house mid Feb & now have no time spare the next few weekends, maybe more. I guess I can gaze at my planes & helis as I pass them in the garage and daydream of a happier time long past when the skys were blue & runways were firm and cleanly mown.

No need to move house. The rain will move it for you.....

George

"Crash and Cry! Don't fly"

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
HK Cri Cri ugly,Super Cub 1870mm balsa, Sbach 1000mm balsa, Vampire, Katana E50 balsa, BA Hawke 90mm (on hold for large runway), Durafly BF110, Corsair,
EScale Zero
Freewing Eurofighter Typhoon & SU-34
Starmax F5e Tiger & 70mm F-18
FMS T-28 Trojan, P-38 Silver, 50mm F-86, C-17 Globmaster

Fly fly F-100
B-25 2.0m LX and A10 1.5m Langxiang (being glassed and re-built)
Seagull Super Tucano

(03-02-2012, 08:54 AM)Claudius Wrote:  Never mind flying, after Rob's post we better put in a group order for gopher wood. Anyone know if HK sells by the cubit? Shock

That's too funny Claudio! BiggrinBiggrinBiggrin
We have enough animals at our place to fill it too. Smile

3 Useless things for a Pilot:
Air above you, Air in the tanks, Runway behind you.

EFLIGHT Blade 400, Inside a Jet Ranger Fuse
HK 500GT, Inside an EC-135 Fuse
ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

Gday Andrew

When would we be able to org to get Airwolf back in the Robair Hangar, it looks like the ideal conditions for gear repairs prevail.

Also, I am beginning to twitch and gibber at night muttering "ECAM Action". Smile 5hrs under my belt now.

Cheers
Rob B

Bonjour Rob. Je peux te le donner demain, Samedi, quand si vous aimez.

SmileSmile I just figured with 5 hrs Le Airbus time you would understand that by now.

"I can give it to you tomorrow, Saturday, any time if you like."

Txt me with a time that's convenient for you.

Merci.

Le BB. Smile

Ditto Kieran for your DX7.

ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

Thanks but I'm away all this week and next on a Security course. No rush from me
What Airbus you training up on?

(03-02-2012, 08:15 AM)gbanger Wrote:  Never mind flying, after Rob's post we better put in a group order for gopher wood. Anyone know if HK sells by the cubit? Shock

If it keeps up like this, I may not have to look for another RC venue to maiden my new 1/72 Alfa submarine.

Floatplanes beware!

E-Flite Vapor
PZ Ultra Micro Mosquito
Durafly T-28 Trojan
HK FW-190-A8
E-Flite Ultra Micro MiG-15
FMS Stuka (Woo Hoo!)
Langxiang Su-47 Berkut
HK450 Heli

BB bonjour,
à tout moment, aujourd'hui, serait très bien. Je peux travailler ce soir et demain airwolf. Je vais vous appeler un peu plus tard d'organiser.
Ce temps putain c'est de la connerie.
Kieran, je travaille à me faire qualifié sur l'A320, ont 5 heures de temps de simulateur à ce jour.

Vive
Rob B

Rob merci. J'attends votre appel. BB

ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

Que diable sont vous guy de parler en français? Nous ne pouvons pas comprendre que vous.

Yeah, I can't either.

But since we can't fly, what else is there to do? Smile

ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

Heading down to McCoy for some hand launched flying, though srl was taking off and landing on the strip yesterday. It will be walk in but can't pass up a blue sky days.

Your dead right there I'll be down mid morning for a fly as well

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Would love to join you both but got too much paperwork to shuffle.
Have fun while you can, of course!

I was thinking about leaving work early tomorrow and getting over to the field to give it a mow before the weekend. Willy is saying unhelpful things about Saturday, but it would be a shame if he was wrong and the strip wasn't in good condition to take advantage of.

Steve Murray

Can one of you lucky guys who don't have to work for a living give us unlucky ones a report on the state of the field.
Is the strip dry/hard enough for push mowers to be used without digging furrows?
Also is area that we drive on OK for vehicles at the present time?

I was thinking of dropping in late this evening (6 ish) to do a bit of mowing if you give me the heads up on state of the field.

Chris M

The strip is for the most part is just dry enough to mow and it will get better by this evening

It's still reasonably short tho'

The road is almost right to drive in and if the weather holds should certainly be good for Saturday

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Hope Willy isn't just teasing us but the coming days are looking very promising and the weekend the best this year.

Are we flying today?
Lots of wind yesterday to dry it out.

srl

Heading down to join SRL now. Stephen advises taking boots, so mowing is probably not an option yet...

<table width="100%" border="0"><tr>
<td>
<span title="No longer arboreally challenged!">Parkzone Stinson SR-10 </span>
Extra-300S EPP
<del>F-18 Blue Angels 64mm EDF</del>
<span title="Why won't it die?!">HK Mini Cessna EPO</span>
Spektrum DX6i - Mode 1</td>
<td valign=top>
Parkzone T-28 Ultra Micro
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
"2x6" basla/ply kit built glider
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
Skyartec Cessna 182 (small UAV)
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
<span title="2nd-hand; rebuild on-hold">"BigBoy" Hugin (biggest UAV)</span>
<span title="For invading small countries">X-8 flying wing</span></td>
</tr></table>

I am heading Down Now with Mower for a Mow of Strip and Taking some planes down for a Fly Afterwards.

Steve Smile

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

I can't get there until later on Steve - leave some mowing for me if you like.

Steve Murray

flying ? Mowing this arvo ?

Steve

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Heading Down Now with Mower

Steve

Flying today?

I'll be there at 10.

srl

I might get down there about 2:30-3:00 with a little luck
I'd like to give the pnumatic launcher another testing out

Cannot Make this Morning But I may be able to come this afternoon for a Fly down at Mc Coy if i Finish work early enough.
Would be nice to See the launcher In Action.

Steve

ooooohhhhh , have to pick the kids up at 3.30 . can make 4 o'clock . if your still there jason the stinger wants it's maiden . i'll put the 4x 3s packs on charge !!!! .

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

It's looking like It will be later for me now things arnt quite going to plan here at work
I'm still hoping to get there before 4 tho'

Anyone likely to be there around 5:30?
I was thinking I would try and get through after work
Thread Closed