Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average

Archive: Flying this Week...

Would love to join you Claudio - but unfortunately I'm tied up with house renovation work.

Steve Murray

Concerned.....yes ,weather is crap....yes, raining....yes
I have been planning a multitude of flight tests on a number of aircraft that I was hoping to have in the sky on Australia Day, but the FU#@&NG weather just wont let up.
I have been carrying around a car full of flight ready aircraft for over a week, hoping for a break in the weather, but I dont have the luxury of dropping by the field when it suits as do a number of our members who obviously get far to many holidays!!! (yes..............you know who you are), so with time all but expired, I have no alternative but to ground a number of my aircraft particularly when the weather is screaming LOOK OUT.
I am more than dissapointed that the sky gods has been against us and I have been monitoring the friggin sky like a hawk.......but it does not look good.... the long term forcast has been saying for weeks that Aus. Day was going to be wet and the closer we have been getting to it the more it looks like the mail.
Now my biggest concern is my aircrafts protection from the weather.
All Forecasts for Thursday .............RAIN!!! not showers RAIN!!!!
I still have my fingers crossed though !!!! Cry_smile

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

G'day Gazz

We may have to leave aircraft stowed and only pull them out for a fly or walk up and down the crowd line when weather permits.
I have no idea whether KV can waterproof the PA system? Suspect he can.
My take on the forecast is that we will be completely washed out or dodging showers on the day. That is what I am mentally preparing for.

Cheers
Rob B

Guys,

I haven't figured out how to copy and paste fancy pictures from web pages but if you look at Willy Weather link http://www.willyweather.com.au/nsw/great...matta.html , it shows Thursday with a sun icon with the cloud. Last two days were rain cloud only and if Aus Day was yesterday or today we would have flown.

Looking at the weather its no looking good at all.

If the vans are stacked with planes, there will be a lot of shuffling around to get some out and leave some in..! My foam planes will be subject to more transport rash.
Do we have a large gazebo or two that we can put our planes under if it rains?

I don't have any rain protection so I will probably bring less now. Maybe 2 or 3 and a tarp to throw over them.

George

"Crash and Cry! Don't fly"

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
HK Cri Cri ugly,Super Cub 1870mm balsa, Sbach 1000mm balsa, Vampire, Katana E50 balsa, BA Hawke 90mm (on hold for large runway), Durafly BF110, Corsair,
EScale Zero
Freewing Eurofighter Typhoon & SU-34
Starmax F5e Tiger & 70mm F-18
FMS T-28 Trojan, P-38 Silver, 50mm F-86, C-17 Globmaster

Fly fly F-100
B-25 2.0m LX and A10 1.5m Langxiang (being glassed and re-built)
Seagull Super Tucano

I have 2 3M x 3M gazebos that I'll bring to shelter some aircraft from the heat of the Sun....er...I mean, rain. Frown

3 Useless things for a Pilot:
Air above you, Air in the tanks, Runway behind you.

EFLIGHT Blade 400, Inside a Jet Ranger Fuse
HK 500GT, Inside an EC-135 Fuse
ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

(25-01-2012, 03:43 PM)brotherblonde Wrote:  I have 2 3M x 3M gazebos that I'll bring to shelter some aircraft from the heat of the Sun....er...I mean, rain. Frown

That excellent, I'll help you put them up, I hope to be there early.
I'll pack my car tonight with planes then I'll drive my car in around 4:30am and park as close as possible.
Go or Nogo I'll get ready tonight.

George

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
HK Cri Cri ugly,Super Cub 1870mm balsa, Sbach 1000mm balsa, Vampire, Katana E50 balsa, BA Hawke 90mm (on hold for large runway), Durafly BF110, Corsair,
EScale Zero

Fly fly F-100
Seagull Super Tucano

Gday George/ Andrew

If you are intending to set up the Gazebo's at the park you will not be allowed to. The shelters need to be council approved, sandbagged etc etc.

Cheers
Rob B

(25-01-2012, 04:03 PM)robair Wrote:  Gday George/ Andrew

If you are intending to set up the Gazebo's at the park you will not be allowed to. The shelters need to be council approved, sandbagged etc etc.

Cheers
Rob B

Oh... well....Andrew, No need to pack them in the car anymore ...back to paddling in the rain....

George

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
EScale Zero

Fly fly F-100
Seagull Super Tucano

Yes, "Golden Tonsils" is correct - we actually have to provide Construction Certificates prior for any structures we intend to set up (incredible, but true).

Steve Murray

OK, thanks Rob & Steve.

3 Useless things for a Pilot:
Air above you, Air in the tanks, Runway behind you.

EFLIGHT Blade 400, Inside a Jet Ranger Fuse
HK 500GT, Inside an EC-135 Fuse
ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

Conditions are good wind nil, rain nil Possibly Mcoy with hand launches and float planes this morning ?

Steve

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

(25-01-2012, 04:58 PM)yarrumevets Wrote:  Yes, "Golden Tonsils" is correct - we actually have to provide Construction Certificates prior for any structures we intend to set up (incredible, but true).

That is further "over the top" than our planes would have been. Doesnt matter now given the cancelation of the event

All revved up and no where to go?

Is anyone interested in going out to PEMAC this morning, I am thinking of leaving for Penrith at around 8-45 to be there at 9-15 or so, if anyone wants to join me?

Chris M

(26-01-2012, 08:00 AM)chrism Wrote:  All revved up and no where to go?

Is anyone interested in going out to PEMAC this morning, I am thinking of leaving for Penrith at around 8-45 to be there at 9-15 or so, if anyone wants to join me?

Chris M

Not a Bad Idea Chris, I Know there allowing edfs Today out at Pemac with the usual Noise Restrictions of course I may think about heading out later after i do a Big Family Breakfast at Home, will see.
I'm a Bit Lost Today Myself as this is the first Year we haven't had our usual Big Family day out

Steve

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Not a bad idea at all.
I've just got up after a mega lazy sleep in, we are just about to go out for breakfast,but I might go out to Penrith this afternoon IF the weather continues to improve.
I will post here if I am going out, should be about 12.30-1pm

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Still raining everywhere on the radar. Will have to give Penrith a miss.

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Hi Guys,
Kev B and myself went out to Penrith this morning and had a couple of flights before the rain came at about 11-30 - we packed up and headed home but his may have been a bit premature as the rain pasted quite quickly.
Anyhow just to let anyone intending on flying out there this arvo that their strip is a little water logged but usable as long as you avoid the 2 puddles that have formed. The puddles were put to good us while we were there with Gorden flying a Catalina of one of them - looked very neat.

Cheers
Chris M

PS. the bulk of the rain seemed to miss the PEMAC field this morning.

Hi Chris, We were discussing Corsairs at the field yesterday and I forgot to mention that the latest issue (12) of the mag Aviation Classics is all about the F4U CORSAIR. Several good stories. I have a copy so let me know if you borrow it.

Kevin B

Whoever has angered the Wednesday rain gods, would appreciate it if you apologised so we can get a dry Wednesday maybe twice a month... Ah well, back to UAV building/programming.

<table width="100%" border="0"><tr>
<td>
<span title="No longer arboreally challenged!">Parkzone Stinson SR-10 </span>
Extra-300S EPP
<del>F-18 Blue Angels 64mm EDF</del>
<span title="Why won't it die?!">HK Mini Cessna EPO</span>
Spektrum DX6i - Mode 1</td>
<td valign=top>
Parkzone T-28 Ultra Micro
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
"2x6" basla/ply kit built glider
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
Skyartec Cessna 182 (small UAV)
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
<span title="2nd-hand; rebuild on-hold">"BigBoy" Hugin (biggest UAV)</span>
<span title="For invading small countries">X-8 flying wing</span></td>
</tr></table>

Gday Claudio

No apology will be forthcoming from me to the Weather Gods.
A good hard kick in the nuts would be more appropriate.

Cheers
Rob B

It's looking decidedly bleak for the weekend too.

Steve Murray

I have angered the gods.

If I have to work & cannot gaze into the blue sky & fiddle with my sticks ...why should you?

Let it rain, let it rain till all may be able to gaze up into the sky & rejoice & fiddle with one's sticks

HobbyZone - SuperCub x 2
Parkzone -T-28D Trojan
Guanli - Cessna 182 / F4U Coursair
Multiplex - Twinstarr ll
Electrafun XP - Back from the dead - It flies

In the Hanger waiting Build
Guanli - ME 109 / Zero / P47 / F4U Cousair / T-109 / Spitfire / P47
Skyartec - Funjet x 2
Beaver - Balsa
Decathlon – Balsa - Big

The World Models - 40" Clipped Wing Cub Sunburst Red

In the Hanger Repair Shop
Guanli - P47 / Spitfire / Cub 3 Channel Modified / Skylark Glider

JR XP662 – 36MHz Radio – Mode 1
DX7 2.4GHz Mode 1

(01-02-2012, 03:14 PM)dingy Wrote:  I have angered the gods.

If I have to work & cannot gaze into the blue sky & fiddle with my sticks ...why should you?

Let it rain, let it rain till all may be able to gaze up into the sky & rejoice & fiddle with one's sticks

Sure enough ... he's mode 1 ;-)

Steve Murray

We Are Doing a Club Order for the Following if the Weather Persists.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...eady_.html

And when Winter Hits Club will be ordering these to keep our hands warm inside the glove

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...ystem.html

And if all Else Fails will be moving the Club To the Bahama's

Steve Biggrin

My F18 Starmax ESC got done from the wet field last weekend as its sits exposed on the bottom of the fuse getting wet. cutting off in flight. walkiing in the smelly soggy mud to get it was not fun. Take off and Landing my other planes was also not fun as the wheels tends to stick on the soggy ground giving you instant breaking.

So this weekend I'm bringing my RC boats and a dingy. It will be the only way to use our field. Maybe a Jetski.

The amount of rain we are having is just not right.

George

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
EScale Zero

Fly fly F-100
Seagull Super Tucano

(01-02-2012, 04:26 PM)samste Wrote:  We Are Doing a Club Order for the Following if the Weather Persists.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...eady_.html

And when Winter Hits Club will be ordering these to keep our hands warm inside the glove

Steve Biggrin

Do they also come in mode 2 for Steve M ?? Smile :P

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

(01-02-2012, 11:58 AM)robair Wrote:  No apology will be forthcoming from me to the Weather Gods.
A good hard kick in the nuts would be more appropriate.

Hey Rob, I fear we may need to change our approach here...

It seems to me that things have gone from bad to worse since Gazza expressed his desire to "punch Mother Nature in the face" last year. And need I also point out that it hasn't stopped raining since you threatened the Weather Gods with testicular violence yesterday.

I believe appeasement, diplomacy and begging may be our best options here on in. And perhaps also the sacrificial burning of a foamie (I have a Cessna I will gladly offer up for this).

<table width="100%" border="0"><tr>
<td>
<span title="No longer arboreally challenged!">Parkzone Stinson SR-10 </span>
Extra-300S EPP
<del>F-18 Blue Angels 64mm EDF</del>
<span title="Why won't it die?!">HK Mini Cessna EPO</span>
Spektrum DX6i - Mode 1</td>
<td valign=top>
Parkzone T-28 Ultra Micro
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
"2x6" basla/ply kit built glider
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
Skyartec Cessna 182 (small UAV)
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
<span title="2nd-hand; rebuild on-hold">"BigBoy" Hugin (biggest UAV)</span>
<span title="For invading small countries">X-8 flying wing</span></td>
</tr></table>

G'day Claudio

Point taken.
Dear Weather Gods.
Due to the continuance of the diabolical weather you seem to see fit dishing out it has been brought to my attention that my earlier communicae may have been misinterpreted. I sincerely apologise for this potential misunderstanding and thus will now set the record straight.
If you do not set the weather to rights I will hunt you down, shoot you in the face, stuff your fingers in a blender, rip all your hair out and burn your house down. I will make you wish you were never created and you will cry like a baby and beg for mercy.
I do hope the above resolution is favourable to you, If you have any queries please direct them to your nearest brick wall and await its response.
Up yours sincerely.
Robair

There, all better now.
Cheers
Rob B

Looks like they understood you Rob - Well done mate( NOT!!!)

http://www.weatherzone.com.au/long-range...nsw/sydney

Looks like no one will be flying for at least another month or more.Frown

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Thread Closed