Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average

Field Condition...

Anyone with news? Should be recovering and nearly time for the Precision Mowing Team (fingers crossed).

Dunno - Gazz was supposed to be going to the field today, but I haven't heard anything.

Steve Murray

G'day Dave

Glad you are optimistic mate however my back lawn is still quite spongy.
I do hope your right though and the field is in flyable shape.

Cheers
Rob B

(01-12-2011, 07:33 PM)yarrumevets Wrote:  Dunno - Gazz was supposed to be going to the field today, but I haven't heard anything.

It's been windy so maybe he gave it a miss.

Rob - I'm always optimistic.. except when it comes to politics. That's depressing.

Hello tax dodgers... thought my ears were getting a little hot.
Didnt drop into the field this afternoon, traffic was a mess and the wind was howling, so I didn't fancy a detour and then having to jump back on the road back into the shit when it had degenerated to even more shitty shit.
Sorry.. I was really keen for an afternoon fly too...
But as has been previously suggested I recon poor old McCoy will have taken a few big hits this last week

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

No worries Vice - I'm "working from home" tomorrow, so I'll take some time out of my packed schedule and go for a walk during my lunch hour. Will report back tomorrow afternoon.
Of course, it would serve us well to be positively pessimistic.

Now, back to my bowel cancer screening kit and its cryptic instructions ....

Steve Murray

Firstly the good news - the field will support Oz Day training, if that's what everyone would like to do. Parking vehicles over in the helicopter practice zone (sorry gents) and flying in the regular carpark as per last year's routine would be fine.

The bad news - there remains standing water on parts of the runway and it's still way too wet to mow at the moment.

The terrible news - bikers have chopped the runway to shreds! I kid you not, when I say that for 75% of the total runway length and width, you'd be hard-pressed to mark out one square metre which wouldn't have deep tyre marks in it. The only area to escape attention was eastern end of the strip, for about a quarter of its length - the rest of it is ruined. I didn't take a photograph because my 'phone was at home on the charger, but I'm sorry to say that I'm not exaggerating - it's going to take a long while to recover from this hiding.

Steve Murray

(02-12-2011, 02:20 PM)yarrumevets Wrote:  Firstly the good news - the field will support Oz Day training, if that's what everyone would like to do. Parking vehicles over in the helicopter practice zone (sorry gents) and flying in the regular carpark as per last year's routine would be fine.

The bad news - there remains standing water on parts of the runway and it's still way too wet to mow at the moment.

The terrible news - bikers have chopped the runway to shreds! I kid you not, when I say that for 75% of the total runway length and width, you'd be hard-pressed to mark out one square metre which wouldn't have deep tyre marks in it. The only area to escape attention was eastern end of the strip, for about a quarter of its length - the rest of it is ruined. I didn't take a photograph because my 'phone was at home on the charger, but I'm sorry to say that I'm not exaggerating - it's going to take a long while to recover from this hiding.

Theres no winning at the moment with McCoy, The weather just keeps pounding it and keeping it wet enough for the bikers to chew the runway to Shreds.

If it was hard like before there be minimal if any damage.

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

If its as bad as you say it is Steve we need to get photos of the damage and present them to council and ask them for support in some way, shape of form.
Our club pays good money for use of this facility and even if the bloody rain did stop for 5 minutes we cant use the bloody thing because of vandalism.
I really think we need to get onto the council, this destruction has got to be curbed.
And if they dont or wont do anything, I believe we have grounds to request a refund of the clubs financial outlay.

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Good points there Gazz!

Steve Murray

Amen Gazz

I agree with you 100%, if the facility you have paid for is not useable then payment should be deferred or refunded.
Having said that what can the council really do and how much responsibility can they take?
I have a couple of ideas that I will bounce of the committee re this, Steve Darren and I would be integral to my plan due to our proximity to the field. Key factor is dirt bikes are not quiet!!

Cheers Rob B

To present a case to Council we need to be able to present an accurate record of the problems we have (dates, conditions etc). We need to also document the damage being done.

I will drop by the field this weekend (on Saturday if I'm up early) and take some photos.

KevB

As Kevin has said we need to present a case.
Along with still pictures taken a ground level could I suggest that a short video clip taken from a heli hovering and slowly panning above the strip would detail explicitly the damage done.

Chris M

Taken today (3rd December) ...

Steve Murray

Thats just sad!!!! Can't really say anything else.

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Ugh, what a mess Mad

<table width="100%" border="0"><tr>
<td>
<span title="No longer arboreally challenged!">Parkzone Stinson SR-10 </span>
Extra-300S EPP
<del>F-18 Blue Angels 64mm EDF</del>
<span title="Why won't it die?!">HK Mini Cessna EPO</span>
Spektrum DX6i - Mode 1</td>
<td valign=top>
Parkzone T-28 Ultra Micro
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
"2x6" basla/ply kit built glider
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
Skyartec Cessna 182 (small UAV)
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
<span title="2nd-hand; rebuild on-hold">"BigBoy" Hugin (biggest UAV)</span>
<span title="For invading small countries">X-8 flying wing</span></td>
</tr></table>

what can I say?.................Frown

I guess we have to face the reality that unless council can fence of our
entire area (which they can't) we are going to see this happen time and again.
Neither police or rangers are going to patrol this area when it's flooded.

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Scratchbuilt F14 Tomcat(Pukin Dogs)
Vector X
Eflite F86 Sabre(Taz Tiger)
Qantas Airbus A380(Nancy-Bird Walton)
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
VQ Models P61 Night Fighter
CY Models FW190

Would "no trespassing/no motorcycles etc" kind of signs do any good?..........Probably not is the answer I gave to myself.

3 Useless things for a Pilot:
Air above you, Air in the tanks, Runway behind you.

EFLIGHT Blade 400, Inside a Jet Ranger Fuse
HK 500GT, Inside an EC-135 Fuse
ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

In fact Andrew, there are already signs to that effect on the other side of the reserve at every entrance.
As Paul says, I doubt there's much we can do - the council don't seem ready to actually prosecute the offenders and that's something that would have to happen repeatedly before word got around that it wasn't a good idea to dirt-bike there.
The best we can hope for is another drought Frown

Steve Murray

hey all,
does anyone know what mccoy is like at the moment?
i was thinking of a possible trip down to the field tonight for some evening flying as i havent had a chance in about a month or something..
was hoping for at least a patch of dry grass for some belly landing ..

Jet Teng BAE Hawk 2010 Demo Team
Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
ESM Texan II / 35cc Gasser
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Falcon 120 (Prepping for Kingtech K100 turbine )
Spektrum DX6i

I think the only way to prevent this kind of thing is to use servaylance cameras
record the offenders and insist that the policec prosicute the matter.

It won't take long before word get around

perhaps a few signs saying smile your on camera would be of some deterant.

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Called into McCoy this afternoon to see for myself what
condition was like.
I hate to say this but it was terrible. Hardly recognised the place.
Here are some shots taken on my phone camera.

This is the pit area. Not bad infact quite good.

Here are a couple of the runway.

Here is a small area at the front of the runway towards the ramp.
This looks like this may be were Chris mowed last week.
Measures about 30 x 30 meters and could be used for belly landings with
slow aircraft.

The runway is still very wet with large puddles lying between the bike tracks. Grass is very long around the edges of runway and beyond.
Ramp is very usable but a few puddles down the bottom in the potholes.
Flies very bad. Need Aeroguard if planning on going down there.

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Scratchbuilt F14 Tomcat(Pukin Dogs)
Vector X
Eflite F86 Sabre(Taz Tiger)
Qantas Airbus A380(Nancy-Bird Walton)
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
VQ Models P61 Night Fighter
CY Models FW190

Not a pretty site and weather forcast's for the future is not so nice 61_61 with Rain 66_66 Predicted at least every 5-7 days till January .

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

dont mean to swear with possible kids around but ... ARE YOU F ING SERIOUS!! Frown

Jet Teng BAE Hawk 2010 Demo Team
Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
ESM Texan II / 35cc Gasser
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Falcon 120 (Prepping for Kingtech K100 turbine )
Spektrum DX6i

The worsed thing is they have been pretty close to the money with the forecasting. Frown

McCoy is still in very bad shape, as we might expect.

A combination of the tyre-tracks, a lot of standing water still on the runway in several places, and the fact that the grass is growing like mad all makes for a pretty awful sight. The ground is waterlogged and there's no way that tomorrow will be enough time for it to recover for the weekend. Looks like it's Area51 again, or PEMAC for this weekend.

Steve Murray

G'day All

I would hazard a guess that McCoy is going to be stuffed for some time.
The storm that zapped through late yesterday dumped what could best be described as a biblical amount of rain.

Cheers
Rob B

I have to concurr with Rob, Noah would have been proud.
I guess any time that I have available to fly in the next week or two will be at PEMAC.

Gday All

For those who missed it i'll try to put some perspective on the downpour.
It was so heavy that it was raining "inside" the train I was on going home.
The roof leaked it's nuts off in the areas around the doors.

Cheers
Rob B

So Rob,
Not only do you have props coming out of your arse, but now I see the trains you catch ( which must be of the male gender) have issues with their testicles, what a strange life!!!!

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6