Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average

Field Condition...

Pretty windy the next few days.

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,
Durafly P51 Mustang, Edge 540T 3D.
Helis: Blade mCPX, Blade 450X, HK450GT V2Belt, Gaui 550 Hurricane.
Spektrum DX9, DX7se & DX4e

(04-08-2017, 06:21 PM)helijeli Wrote:  Pretty windy the next few days.
Yikes!... your not wrong...

Photo 

Field condition is flyable, strip is moist but should be fine for flying.
Usual puddle at the end of the strip.

Also the usual puddles on the driveway, but drive-in is possible. Parking area is dry.

If you don't live on the edge, you take up too much space.

I was there yesterday arvo and it looked pretty good

Should be better today

Wind is tracking way below forecast so far this morning

Will still be a little breezy tho

Good practice I reckon

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Went out early morning, field is good, flying sideways was a new experience Smile

Went to the field tonight to see its condition and was blown away with how good it is.
The runway and everything east is dry.
There is two small puddles between the runway and the trench line but thats not usable anyway.
The reclaimed runway is nearly ready to mow, so all the work done recently is really paying off.
I took some video but it starts with a photo from when we first started the reclaimation, the rest is today.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX07TgxyRdc

Hi guys,

Those living local to the club, and elsewhere, may have noticed an increase in military aircraft over our fine city in recent weeks. I have attached a letter received in relation to this in case anyone is interested.

Road in is good. Parking area is excellent. Strip is beautiful.

How is the field at the moment?

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Anyone visit the field this past weekend?

Sorry I've been stuck out at Riverstone and busy with work. I called in about 10 days ago and council had slashed up to the reeds both sides. Our landing strip in perfect condition of course due to work of some members.
Since then its rained at least every second day.
Only about 2 months to go until we move back to Winston Hills. Already planing my workshop.

srl

Field is very wet, water everywhere.

Thanks for the update, Pete.

No surprise there, with all the downpour we've had the soil will be fully saturated by now.

[COPIED FROM THE MEMBERS AREA, FOR ANY NON MEMBERS WHO MAY WISH TO COME DOWN AND LEND A HAND]

G'day Gents,

Our second of 6 Bushcare Workdays for 2019 is scheduled for this Saturday, 5th of April. As usual come one, come all. We will be doing coral trees so as many hands and drills as possible please!

We really haven't achieved a great deal over the past 6 months, having been rained out every time we set a date. Please help me to ensure that we make use of this Saturday if the weather permits.

I personally haven't had been doing too much flying, or had much time to visit the club, in recent months. I very much look forward to catching up with as many of you as possible.

P.S. I believe that Ron and Pete may also be mowing the landing strip this Saturday morning, so anyone wishing to lend a hand raking up grass clippings or assisting their consistent and hard working contribution to the club should considering offering them some help also.

Many hands make light work.

Thank you everyone!!!

regards,

Jason - McCoy Park Bushcare Convenor

Hi Jason, not sure how we gonna get into coal trees the region are really think but anyhow we need to give it a go I’m going down to the field tomorrow I hope first time in a while I will put up field report tomorrow night unless Pete wanted do it.

Field soggy but mode by Saturday should be completely dry.

Hi Bob,

Yeah, if it rains Wednesday and/or Thursday we’re unlikely to be able to do much with the coral trees... or perhaps even anything at all. We’ll do the best we can if the weather doesn’t cause us to call the workday off completely... yet again.

Regards,

j.

Hi guys,

Our Bushcare workday scheduled for tomorrow has been cancelled AGAIN due to bad weather.

The next day Micaela is available is the 20th, which won’t work due to Easter. So it looks like we’ll try to reschedule a day in May if possible.

Thanks so much,

j.

That's unfortunate but lucky as I'll be waiting for the plumbers to come in the morning, but if the real estate agent got onto them when he said he was, they would've been here today and I could be flying tomorrow.....

Gravity sucks, or should I say, is the downfall of all things flying. It's the way it's controlled that makes the end memorable or not.

Ok thanks Jason.

Field is wet but flyable.

Any update to field Condition, ?

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Hey guys,

Please don’t forget that we have a Bushcare day scheduled for tomorrow. While it is likely going to be too windy to fly afterwards we do still plan to use the morning to hit the coral trees.

Please be down at the field from 8am to lend a hand. A couple of hours will make a good start at keeping the coral trees at bay.

Those with cordless drills and ~10mm drill bits, please bring them as usual.

Kindest regards,

Jason B
PRCAC President
McCoy Park Bushcare Convenor
All Round Top Bloke

I really don't think its going to be good  Frown

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

hoping to fly Wed. Does anyone have a photo of the field?

I doubt that Wednesday will be flyable unless it's a float plane or something in that kind of catagory like a HK Skipper.

Gravity sucks, or should I say, is the downfall of all things flying. It's the way it's controlled that makes the end memorable or not.

How are the prospects for a fly on Saturday? I have a new model so obviously I cant wait...

Should be fine Greg going by the last few times its rained.
I will drive by tomorrow afternoon and report if no one else does.

srl

I had a look late today.
The strip is cut and most of it dry.
Some mud buidup at the front gate and wet but firm at the bottom of the ramp so take it easy driving in.

srl

Any hopes of the strip being flyable tomorrow morning ? Weather looking to clear up nicely.

It sould be OK. It's no worse than the last time it rained a few weeks ago.

I'll be trying out my new radio, the Jumber T-lite.

srl