Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average

Field Condition...

Thanks buddy, deja vous

Will also be down in the morning to test the lolly bomber.
srl

Thanx Chris Mc for the mowing help, with it being so ****ing hot, I would not have coped without you. A much improved mowed area of field ready for the weekend's flying.

A BIG thank you to yourself, Wayne. This was your last mow before you descend south to your new Chardonnay sipping, Latte drinking, cement strip and new friends.

I am certain that all members would like to wish you and Margaret all the best in your new digs.

The effort that you have put into PRCAC over the years has been outstanding. The help you have given to anyone that asks, or you offering, has helped us all tremendously. You help me get my Wings and I thank you again for that.

If you decide to grace us with your presence at the field in the future could you let us know in advance so that we can be elsewhere (had to get a last one in Smile)

Look forward to Sunday for a last catch up.

It wouldn't kill me to miss flying for one day, but then again, why risk it.

Hey Guys,

Whoever puts the pole into the ground for the wind sock could you please ALWAYS use the metal spike and NOT put the actual pole in the ground. Yesterday it was clogged with mud and took quite a while to clear it.

Rant over, thanks Smile

Chris,
Does this now make you the new Field Opening Guru.
(29-11-2015, 08:43 AM)Chris Mc Wrote:  Hey Guys,

Whoever puts the pole into the ground for the wind sock could you please ALWAYS use the metal spike and NOT put the actual pole in the ground. Yesterday it was clogged with mud and took quite a while to clear it.

Rant over, thanks Smile

Evening all,

Its Wednesday 23rd Dec.

Has anyone been to the field in the past 24 hours ?

I think that Santa is bringing me a new plane for xmas, and I'm keen to get it in the air on Saturday/Sunday.

But we have had so much rain over the past few days that I fear our beloved field will be completely soaked.

"She'll be right, I'll fix it in the air....."

I will pop down tomorrow and post my findings....good to see you back.

Just got back from the field.

Field is soggy underfoot but still reasonably firm.

The usual waterpools, opposite flight box and 15 mtrs down to your right.

If we don't get any more significant rain then cars can be driven in, however, I would ask members to check on the day and if it looks boggy the please reverse out an walk in.

I would suggest that the field will not be mowed this week. Grass is about 2" (50mm) at this stage.

Hand launchers or big wheels would be the go, small wheels may cause nose overs.

Monday looks the better day for flying.

Main strip is mowed and firm enough except for Lake McCoy. I will bring the mower and everyone present will be able to have a go.

I'm too scared to ask.

Has anyone seen the field in the last 24 hours ? Would love to see a photo.....

"She'll be right, I'll fix it in the air....."

No but i would assume its not Good from previous years experiences with this much rain.

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Seaplanes and helis with floats instead of skids Smile

I would not recommend any member attempt to drive their car in, however, swimming, snorkeling, water skiing is more advisable.

I went down today for a look, this is the result.

better start work on that remote submarine then.

What would be the nearest (higher and dryer !) weekend location to go to ?

Actually it probably was worse yesterday but the rain has eased a lot today.

If You Go Back to the history of field conditions there are some nice lake Photos, even some video of the flowing torrent at mcoy.

Some old Footage that some will Remember Below -

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Field is in good condition being wet only at Lake McCoy. The water broke through the reads in just the right spot to wash away some of the fill at Lake McCoy but most of it seems to be still there.

Definately wont be any hope of finding my $250 Pebble watch which I lost in the reeds while looking for my crashed Stinger EDF. (Lost 2 weeks ago before the big wet).

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,
Durafly P51 Mustang, Edge 540T 3D.
Helis: Blade mCPX, Blade 450X, HK450GT V2Belt, Gaui 550 Hurricane.
Spektrum DX9, DX7se & DX4e

(13-01-2016, 09:47 PM)helijeli Wrote:  Definately wont be any hope of finding my $250 Pebble watch which I lost in the reeds while looking for my crashed Stinger EDF. (Lost 2 weeks ago before the big wet).

Ouch! That makes my eyes water.

Dam that is unlucky !!

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

I am not sure of the field condition after the recent rain. I will be at the field, but later on in the morning.

If anyone is venturing down could they please check conditions before driving in.

Thanks guys.

Called into the soggy field today. large pools of water opposite flight box covering 75% of the width.

Grounded is very soggy.

Sign has been turned around...NO driving in until further notice, appreciated.

Hopefully this fine weather will hold on and we can get some decent flying in next weekend.

Drive in is now allowed.

Excellent !!

I'm looking forward to that

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Hot, the next few days, then showers increasing Friday and into the weekend.
Wait and see I guess.

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,
Durafly P51 Mustang, Edge 540T 3D.
Helis: Blade mCPX, Blade 450X, HK450GT V2Belt, Gaui 550 Hurricane.
Spektrum DX9, DX7se & DX4e

https://youtu.be/cM9JvDqz8hQ

Field report for those interested

Foam fanatic!

Nice, very nice. Not enough flips though Garrick Tounge

FrSky Q X7 Mode 2, Turnigy 9XR Pro and Evolution. Multirotors, planes plus a couple of heli's. Too many to list.

Aaaaand if the wife is reading this: "The club made me buy these planes, I had no part in it, honestly!"

I hoe the boat ramp is not flooded !!! Smile

Looks like that's being 'fixed' right now Frown

Main strip is soft and 5 metres wide, tread lightly. All pilots please take something to put rubbish in from the field and take it home for your garbage bin.