Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average

Field Condition...

Afternoon all,

Just checking if it is drive-in/or walk-in tomorrow (Saturday 6th June).

It has been pretty dry during the week, but not sure if the field has dried out at all.

thanks,

James.

"She'll be right, I'll fix it in the air....."

Unless Peter H has been there mowing I would suggest a walk in inspection first, before cars drive in. Seeing how Wayne is Car Mobile now I would think he will be there early to report, but I could be wrong.

It wouldn't kill me to miss flying for one day, but then again, why risk it.

I dropped into the field this arvo & have a mixed bag of news. Driveway & car parking area have dried out a bit & if careful to not drive on area already tyre rutted, I think should be able to drive in tomorrow. The strip has not been mowed for some time now but the grass has not grown much & strip if mostly solid enough for landings. That is the good news, bad news the bikers have been back again, they are 3 boys in their early teens & were fairly aggressive towards me when I less than politely told them to move on. Some repair work will be needed to prevent undercarriage damage.

(05-06-2015, 06:09 PM)Flying fisho Wrote:  I dropped into the field this arvo & have a mixed bag of news. Driveway & car parking area have dried out a bit & if careful to not drive on area already tyre rutted, I think should be able to drive in tomorrow. The strip has not been mowed for some time now but the grass has not grown much & strip if mostly solid enough for landings. That is the good news, bad news the bikers have been back again, they are 3 boys in their early teens & were fairly aggressive towards me when I less than politely told them to move on. Some repair work will be needed to prevent undercarriage damage.

It's a shame you didn't get pictures of them

I'll take a spade to see if we can flatten out the ruts....

"She'll be right, I'll fix it in the air....."

For a second then I thought you were going to say that you were going to take a spade to the Bikers heads! Oops, did I say that or was I thinking aloud?! Just joking of course.
Typical though, A regular person would be embarrassed if could doing the wrong thing. Just goes to show the arrogant attitude of some people these days.
Hope to down around 9 or so. A heli and a couple of Belly landers for me I think.

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,
Durafly P51 Mustang, Edge 540T 3D.
Helis: Blade mCPX, Blade 450X, HK450GT V2Belt, Gaui 550 Hurricane.
Spektrum DX9, DX7se & DX4e

Down at the field for a few flights today. Have taken an RDO on my Birthday!
Grass hasn't grown much. Still reasonably short and field is fairly dry. Just the usual damp patches on the runway. Might still be a while before we get the full width of the main Strip back. Good to drive in also.

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,

Ron, Pete, and I flew for a few hours this afternoon. The runway is fine, except for the usual soggy patches, but the East side of the parking area is rather wet and muddy.

Has anyone had a chance to look at the field today?

I havn't been down to have a look ..............but

I suspect it will be a walk in only day tomorrow.

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

OK then, I will do my usual early morning inspection & post shortly after 7 ish ( Weather permitting of course). I suspect you ared correct though JV

Yeah, probably walk in...
Just kidding, had a job at Mittagong today, had a bit of a play in the snow.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

John Jelovic

Has anyone had a chance to get down to the field today or yesterday? I suspect the dampness is still there what with all that rain we had on Wednesday.

FrSky Q X7 Mode 2, Turnigy 9XR Pro and Evolution. Multirotors, planes plus a couple of heli's. Too many to list.

Aaaaand if the wife is reading this: "The club made me buy these planes, I had no part in it, honestly!"

I am expecting a report from the Garden Gnome.....oops I mean Wayne tomorrow morning.

Personally I think it will be a walk in again.

The garden gnome is at the soggy field now under an umbrella. Do you need to guess what advices are forthcoming. Yes, Chris thought correct, walk in only with boots & belly landers.
I will be there with the new MAAA cards from 8.30ish.

I should be there mid morning for a bit FPV testing

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Looks like I will be delayed, just found out I cant have fasting blood test until 8.00. Then it is home, brekkie & meds before field visit. I will only stay for a few hours as I do not intend flying & muddying my planes or ripping off undercarriages.

I'll let you hold onto mine a bit longer Wayne. My wife is a bit crook this morning. I should hang around home.

Has anyone been down t the field today?

I wonder how much water it got last night???

Has anyone been to the field today? Is it a lake?

FrSky Q X7 Mode 2, Turnigy 9XR Pro and Evolution. Multirotors, planes plus a couple of heli's. Too many to list.

Aaaaand if the wife is reading this: "The club made me buy these planes, I had no part in it, honestly!"

(26-09-2015, 09:02 AM)symowallo Wrote:  Has anyone been to the field today? Is it a lake?

Elton is there and said that there's a bit of water on the strip across from the flight box, but it's not too bad.
The strip quite firm and he intends to launch his thunderbolt from it.

He intends to walk in rather than drive though.

Noone else is there at the moment.

Walked in for a quick fly at 11, the field has been beautifully mowed but there is standing water in the low parts.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

In the news there reports of a severe bushfire warnings this summer due to "The Bureau of Meteorology officially declares a major El Nino event, which is likely to lead to prolonged drier, hotter conditions across much of eastern Australia."
Perhaps they should look at the weather forecast for the next week, showers, showers & more showers. The field is fairly dry except for the usual pooled areas & grass has grown considerably since it was mowed last Sunday. I have been ordered by my Doc to limit my exercise as my surgically removed skin cancer is not healing due to infection, so no mowing for me this arvo.

13/11
Hi everybody. This afternoon the with had a very heavy thunderstorm in Toongabbie so I’m guessing the field is heavily waterlogged at least.

I'm hoping that it will be drier by the time I'm back in OZ.

It's wet and soggy

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Due to the soggy conditions of the vehicle access road, members are requested NOT to drive into the field.

Walk ins only

It doesn't look good in that photo but this hot weather should help things dry up a bit I'd think

I intend mowing about 8.00 to beat the heat. A willing assistant will be appreciated. My last mow before handing over the club mower for Jason V (pres) to store.

See you there Wayne