Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average

Field Condition...

The field at 10am.
I could always state the obvious, what the heck,......no flying today![/php][/quote]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks for posting that Pic !! It all ads to the historical collection of PRCAC, McCoy park must be the most photographed swamp in Parramatta council Wink

here's one I took this morning not that long after
This is the highest I've ever seen the water but I think it's a little higher in your pic

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

PRCAC now PRCFBC (Parramatta Radio Control Flying Boat Club).

Who has a mower with a long snorkel?

long snorkel is right it's over the top of the reeds !!

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

It's Skipper time!

FrSky Q X7 Mode 2, Turnigy 9XR Pro and Evolution. Multirotors, planes plus a couple of heli's. Too many to list.

Aaaaand if the wife is reading this: "The club made me buy these planes, I had no part in it, honestly!"

See Wayne your missing nothing!!!

And judging by the plant debris stuck in that metal railing, the water level was another metre higher in the recent past!

Anyone for an RC boat race? Smile

If anyone has lost a plane in the reeds this past six months... I hear they can be collected at north head. Smile

I wish this forum had a "Like" button. That was funny Rob.

FrSky Q X7 Mode 2, Turnigy 9XR Pro and Evolution. Multirotors, planes plus a couple of heli's. Too many to list.

Aaaaand if the wife is reading this: "The club made me buy these planes, I had no part in it, honestly!"

CLASSIC !!

Nice one Rob, glad to see you have joined the jokers sect of our club.

And here's me looking at the weather forecast for tomorrow, thinking it's not too bad for flying. I don't suppose the field has been mown either!
Amazing photos guys. Also never seen it that deep before. Wonder how it is at the moment. ?

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,
Durafly P51 Mustang, Edge 540T 3D.
Helis: Blade mCPX, Blade 450X, HK450GT V2Belt, Gaui 550 Hurricane.
Spektrum DX9, DX7se & DX4e

I might head down for a look tomorrow I'll post up what I find if I get do get there Smile

Just saw Jason down at the field... still very wet and boggy. Was going to try walk in and fly... getting covered in mud. Anything with wheels will get stuck and belly landers are going to get very dirty... I put my fun fighter back in the car and heading home... day for copters If you don't mind wet feet.

Went there 9:20 AM

Still very wet. If you are able to hand launch and catch a plane like this guy you should not have a problem.

https://vimeo.com/58187590

I did see some Trojan parts stuck in the top of the reeds - if you hurry..

Sujit
Perpetual Beginner

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I promise that I didn't order this weather just because I can't do any flying. Surgery planned for first cab off the rank Monday, ICU for 3 days & home after 5 days. Not sure when I will be able to get to the field next. Getting withdrawals already.

Just get yourself well, and you'll be back before you know it!!

If withdrawal is to harsh, give me a call and I will collect the Old Fella and drive for him. Aircraft as well!!

(25-04-2015, 11:57 AM)Flying fisho Wrote:  I promise that I didn't order this weather just because I can't do any flying. Surgery planned for first cab off the rank Monday, ICU for 3 days & home after 5 days. Not sure when I will be able to get to the field next. Getting withdrawals already.

I don`t know which is worse all this rain or Wayne with withdrawal symptoms!!!

Take it easy Wayne Wink even you couldn't organise weather like this !!

I have some video of the field I'll post it up later on tonight as soon as I do some editing on it

There is a mattress on the south eastern end of the strip, aptly positioned for soft landings no doubt

Quote:"Certainties of life - Death, Taxes, and it'll fly better on 4S"

You can get around taxes some times..................opppps did I say that Wink

Here's some video I took on the weekend, Tried to upoad it last night but youtube was slow in processing it took me 3 goes finally got it up this morning. The video at the end is ground recorded from the live video feed from my 250 size quad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVceAM0kWWs&feature=youtu.be

I know which is funnier!! ParanoidBiggrin

(26-04-2015, 09:23 AM)ptk Wrote:  I don`t know which is worse all this rain or Wayne with withdrawal symptoms!!!

Predictably, it's not a good look at the moment and Willy says we're in for another hammering over the next four days Frown
This is what it looks like now (Thursday 30th, afternoon)

The rectangular object you can see on the southern edge of the runway in the image below is of course, a mattress - every self-respecting piece of council owned waste land has one.

These two shots show the shitty state of the higher ground at the tree-line (carpark). A vehicle of some sort has been through there recently. It was very wet under foot even here and I was getting covered in mud just walking around.

Steve Murray

Here is a photo of the field Sunday 3rd May in the morning about 9.00am.

Obviously still very wet and lots of rubbish around the place.

Please note that I did not drive in. I left the car out on the street and walked in.

Im not saying it was a club member that drove in but i want to reitterate

Please Do Not Drive down to the field when it is wet like this!!

Tyre tracks are not a good look and PCC will not appricuate us driving in ther when its wet like this!!

Theres no problem if anyone wants to fly down there please just walk in

We dont want to go back to how it used to be when only the commitee members had a key and if anyone wanted to go for a fly and the gate wasnt open they had to walk in dry or not

I agree entirely Jason, it has been for this very reason that I have regularly visited the field at 7am weekends after adverse weather for a condition report. I have often suggested walk in only to prevent such damage and the field has not been as waterlogged as it currently is.
I must say I am severely disappointed that somebody has done this & sincerely hope it was not one of our members.

(04-05-2015, 05:55 PM)Flying fisho Wrote:  I agree entirely Jason, it has been for this very reason that I have regularly visited the field at 7am weekends after adverse weather for a condition report. I have often suggested walk in only to prevent such damage and the field has not been as waterlogged as it currently is.
I must say I am severely disappointed that somebody has done this & sincerely hope it was not one of our members.

I didn't drive in. I left the car out on the street. Way too wet for my ford focus....

No accusations intended James, just making an opportunistic reminder to all that our field is quite delicate and care needs to be taken.

I also walked in when I took the shots above - the tyre tracks were already there and they were from a substantial vehicle. I expect it was a council inspection.

Steve Murray