Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average

Field Condition...

Yesterday Afternoon

Steve Smile

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Dropped in at the field earlier this arvo and it's not looking too bad after Wednesdays downpour.
The usual pooling on the far side of the field oposite the pilot box & Grace end of the runway. 2-3m on the other far side of the centre line marking is a bit soggy & will result in a narrowed runway but the rest is quite solid underfoot & very flyable. Grass is still quite short without any paspalem stems.
Without any rain tonight or tomorrow, it is all systems go for flying tomorrow.

Has anyone checked out the field?
I guess it will be in a pretty poor state after all this rain?

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

(28-06-2013, 07:33 AM)gbanger Wrote:  Has anyone checked out the field?
I guess it will be in a pretty poor state after all this rain?

I will try and get some Photos today of field condition, but I know it won't be pretty.
Driving in for sure will be a definate No to anyone contemplating to hand launch planes Tommorow while braving the weather, so guys do not try and attempt to drive in.

Steve Smile

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Field Update, Pictures Taken at 1pm Today, Before The Late Afternoon Rain That we Got which would of made it Worse.

This is a close up of the Field, in majority of areas it looks like this.

Field is Really not Fit for use as alot of Walking On The Strip and surrounding areas may Result in damaging it as its sloshy underfoot and may leave impressions etc.
# Please Be Mindful of This If you Decide to Go Down and Fly This Weekend.
# Driving in is a Definite No.
# Plane Build or Repair Weekend

Steve 61_61

Yes Steve - and it's bucketing down again at this very minute.

Willy is certain that it will be raining on both days this weekend, so it wouldn't surprise me if PCC closed all fields.

See you on Phoenix ....

Steve Murray

Driving Home From Work to see who,s Flying Wink
As Of 12:30pm

Wow, Lake McCoy has appeared again. Althogh we have had ample rain and I expected a soggy field, did not really expect that without a deluge.
Did you forget to take your kayak, or maybe this time a Jetski may suddenly appear with the close-up.
Thanks for the update Samste

(29-06-2013, 02:33 PM)Flying fisho Wrote:  Wow, Lake McCoy has appeared again. Althogh we have had ample rain and I expected a soggy field, did not really expect that without a deluge.
Did you forget to take your kayak, or maybe this time a Jetski may suddenly appear with the close-up.
Thanks for the update Samste

Heh, Wayne, Need To Zoom In On Last Photo, There some Bass In There and someone's on to it Wink I Might Join Him.

Shame my little seaplane is on it's way to Antartica Upset

Signature overload. That list just got ridiculous. However, Funcubs are .... fun.

We actually had one visit today!

Love It, Biggrin

Well done Kieran Lol Could you turn it into a video, would love to see it land Shock

Hmmm. Seems legit. Loch McCoy Monster.

I know a cryptozoologist that might pitch a base camp in the park if he sees this.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Signature overload. That list just got ridiculous. However, Funcubs are .... fun.

G'day all

What a happy fellow our Loch MCoy Monster is.
Probably just had a good flight with a seaplane.
I wonder what TX mode he uses?

Cheers
Rob B

1.64m V tail Glider
F-27 (Ted) Stryker
XB70 Valkyrie 70mm EDF
HK Pitts Special
Twister 3D Storm / Trex 600ESP Airwolf Heli's
Viper Jet 70mm EDF
Project Bravo Two
Project '67
Spektrum DX8 Mode 1,3

Likely Mode 1 because it is Obscure & Ancient Icon_twisted

(29-06-2013, 08:37 PM)kizza42 Wrote:  Likely Mode 1 because it is Obscure & Ancient Icon_twisted

... and counter-intuitive, and therefore more than likely wrong!

Steve Murray

(30-06-2013, 12:57 AM)smuzz Wrote:  
(29-06-2013, 08:37 PM)kizza42 Wrote:  Likely Mode 1 because it is Obscure & Ancient Icon_twisted

Define intuitive. Like pulling the elevator stick down to make the plane go up? Maybe samste's the only one who's got it right! Smile

<table width="100%" border="0"><tr>
<td>
<span title="No longer arboreally challenged!">Parkzone Stinson SR-10 </span>
Extra-300S EPP
<del>F-18 Blue Angels 64mm EDF</del>
<span title="Why won't it die?!">HK Mini Cessna EPO</span>
Spektrum DX6i - Mode 1</td>
<td valign=top>
Parkzone T-28 Ultra Micro
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
"2x6" basla/ply kit built glider
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
Skyartec Cessna 182 (small UAV)
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
<span title="2nd-hand; rebuild on-hold">"BigBoy" Hugin (biggest UAV)</span>
<span title="For invading small countries">X-8 flying wing</span></td>
</tr></table>

(30-06-2013, 10:50 AM)Claudius Wrote:  
(30-06-2013, 12:57 AM)smuzz Wrote:  

Define intuitive. Like pulling the elevator stick down to make the plane go up? Maybe samste's the only one who's got it right! Smile

Now Someone who Understands my Logic Biggrin

Not mentioning that if your right handed a mode 2 hand launch of an untrimmed model can be an interesting affair Wink

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

(30-06-2013, 08:36 PM)secant0give Wrote:  Not mentioning that if your right handed a mode 2 hand launch of an untrimmed model can be an interesting affair Wink

Correct! - the only time I've regretted/questioned being mode 2! Something other mode 2-ers don't seem to have much trouble with (Kieran, MickM, ...) but I've got trouble with it, I must admit.

Steve Murray

(30-06-2013, 10:30 PM)smuzz Wrote:  
(30-06-2013, 08:36 PM)secant0give Wrote:  Not mentioning that if your right handed a mode 2 hand launch of an untrimmed model can be an interesting affair Wink

Correct! - the only time I've regretted/questioned being mode 2! Something other mode 2-ers don't seem to have much trouble with (Kieran, MickM, ...) but I've got trouble with it, I must admit.

It's a great advantage for a left hander tho' as they'd have a thumb on both primary controls right from the get go

But even the left handers I know fly mode 1 so it must be better Smile

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

I'm a mode 1 lefty... and I can't hand launch to save myself. Even if that unlikely situation should ever arise.

(30-06-2013, 11:06 PM)secant0give Wrote:  
(30-06-2013, 10:30 PM)smuzz Wrote:  

It's a great advantage for a left hander tho' as they'd have a thumb on both primary controls right from the get go

But even the left handers I know fly mode 1 so it must be better Smile

I'm a Left handed Mode 2'er and I must admit, I've never had a problem with hand launches. Dominate hand in control of the Ailerons and elevator whilst lips control throttle and right hand throws plane Biggrin works every time!

Spektrum DX7 Mode 2
Parkzone T28 Trojan
HK Sumo Flying Wing.... Completly Awesome!
Scratchbuilt First Step.... Slow Flyer
HK SPAD XIII....
J-Power Mini F-18 EDF
Scratchbuilt Morane Saulnier A1....Under Construction
Scratchbuilt Luton Minor.... Retired
Unbranded OV-10 Bronco.... Awaiting Build

· On the other hand, you have different fingers.

(30-06-2013, 10:30 PM)smuzz Wrote:  other mode 2-ers don't seem to have much trouble with (Kieran...)
I beg to differ Wink (Fast forward to 5mins!)

http://youtu.be/Vnxp0eKcwEE?t=5m

Less just blame the excessive Torque shall we Paranoid

I'm a left handed writer that can't throw with his left hand (We suspect my left handed mother forced me to be left handed when I was younger!!)

The trick is to follow through your throw right down to the sticks!

(01-07-2013, 11:19 AM)Kedumba Wrote:  I'm a Left handed Mode 2'er and I must admit, I've never had a problem with hand launches. Dominate hand in control of the Ailerons and elevator whilst lips control throttle and right hand throws plane Biggrin works every time!

You must have that backwards Mick. If you throw the plane with your right hand (woosey hand if you're left handed), you would have throttle and rudder only at your left thumb. You must launch the plane with your left. You ain't Mode 4 as I've used your radio before.

Nice video Kieran! Smile I had forgotten all about that one.

3 Useless things for a Pilot:
Air above you, Air in the tanks, Runway behind you.

EFLIGHT Blade 400, Inside a Jet Ranger Fuse
HK 500GT, Inside an EC-135 Fuse
ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

Sadly It still haunts me!

Don't let it bother you - that MPX Funjet was an absolutely evil machine. Junior willingly let me know that it had him petrified! Didn't you have 90% expo on the elevons? Truly a nasty piece of work.

Steve Murray

Sorry to ruin the battle of the modes, but has anybody noticed that funny blue stuff overhead with a bright ball in the middle. Willy has forecast more of the same for the next week, hopefully the Loch McCoy monster, Micro Seaplane & the Bass Fisherman can all p..s off & leave the field for us to enjoy dropping RC planes out of the sky (hopefully softly) instead of that wet stuff.