Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average

Field Condition...

I can vouch for that I was there watching him slogging away

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Emotional support eh, you are so kind. Suppose you didnt supply the drinks either, I think you owe Smuzz one of his fancywancy import beers Leet

Normally I would have happily joined in but I had my 2 boys with me it can be fairly intense keeping ahead of them at times, being almost two and almost three they can be pretty full on.
Watching smuzz mowing did manage to wear them out 'cause they are both sleeping peacefully now and that's worth almost any amount of beer Smile

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Thanks guys.

Signature overload. That list just got ridiculous. However, Funcubs are .... fun.

(10-05-2013, 11:12 PM)secant0give Wrote:  Normally I would have happily joined in but I had my 2 boys with me it can be fairly intense keeping ahead of them at times, being almost two and almost three they can be pretty full on.
Watching smuzz mowing did manage to wear them out 'cause they are both sleeping peacefully now and that's worth almost any amount of beer Smile

I know that only too well Jason. you (unlike me) are part of the regular field maintenance guys. You left yourself open to that comment & I just couldn't resist that opportunity.

Popped in at the Field Today and its Looking good.

A Very Big Thankyou to all who Help In the Maintenance of the Field, Special Thanks too Peter H for helping out with the Field Maintenance Too.

Its very appreaciated by all the Club Members Thumbup

Steve Smile

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

I know the rain hasn't been all that heavy, I also know it doesn't take much to pool the field to an unfliable condition. Willy also says possible showers tomorrow. I had give up on a Saturday fly, hense the flyover plans. Has anybody seent the field today to report on it's condition?

We've had at least 35mm over the past three days here, and who knows how much further up-stream of the "wetlands".

I was at Winston Hills mall today and decided that on the way home I'd check out the field. Well, it was raining good and hard when I got into the car, so I didn't bother stopping off ... it seemed a needless exercise under the circumstances.

A check on things later tomorrow is on the cards, but I don't hold out much optimisim for Sunday.

Steve Murray

Thanx Smuzz, my sentiments precisely. Looks like no flying for me for 2nd consective weekend. Oh well at least Phoenix is dry Biggrin

Im all built out , with no where to fly

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

It might be ok down there
Just have to see
The ground was pretty dry before hand and that makes a big difference as we have see. In the pAst
Even if we have to walk in it can still be flyable

The field is quite usable with just a little water standing in the usual places
Might be an idea not to drive in tho until after lunch

Well, that's a good outcome - I've been disappointed too many times to be optimistic these days.
Fortunately, Jason isn't so jaded and miserable Smile

Steve Murray

wow thats amazing . i thought it would be flooded . i think removing those willows may have dried the ground out a bit and allowed better drainage and run through .

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

I think that mowing further towards the creek lets it flow through with out spreading out over the strip as much

I had a fly at last light this afternoon & the sky was perfect - great fun.
The field should be OK to drive in tomorrow morning and the strip does have standing water in the usual places, as Jason put in a previous posting, but if you pick an approach close to the pilot box you will have no worries.
If someone could take a rake with them tomorrow just to remove the debris that was washed across the strip everything would be just peachy.

Cheers Chris M Smile Smile Smile

Unfortunately I can't make it tomorrow.

Yeh, well, it was to be expected - just not sure how long it will take to recover from this latest bout of "the curse of McCoy"!

Steve Murray

Hydroplane time. Must be time to resurrect PMBC.

I was almost going to drop by this afternoon with my big sea plane for a fly after I says Steve's shots of the strip/ river.

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

I also dropped by this afternoon to see the situation at McCoy and judging by Steve's photos which I assume were taken at around 3pm, I was there at 4pm, the water level had dropped ever so slightly. I was able to walk into the pilot box and watch the ducks paddling around.

Cheers
Chris M Frown

It Looks Like Someone is enjoying all the Rain, noticed when i zoomed in

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

you've got to be kidding!!! is that secantogive ?
doing kayak laps ?

Good one Samste.

(02-06-2013, 10:33 PM)samste Wrote:  It Looks Like Someone is enjoying all the Rain, noticed when i zoomed in

Not too far fetched... Almost beleivable...Biggrin

George

"Crash and Cry! Don't fly"

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
HK Cri Cri ugly,Super Cub 1870mm balsa, Sbach 1000mm balsa, Vampire, Katana E50 balsa, BA Hawke 90mm (on hold for large runway), Durafly BF110, Corsair,
EScale Zero
Freewing Eurofighter Typhoon & SU-34
Starmax F5e Tiger & 70mm F-18
FMS T-28 Trojan, P-38 Silver, 50mm F-86, C-17 Globmaster

Fly fly F-100
B-25 2.0m LX and A10 1.5m Langxiang (being glassed and re-built)
Seagull Super Tucano

(03-06-2013, 12:35 AM)wingtipper Wrote:  you've got to be kidding!!! is that secantogive ?
doing kayak laps ?

Nope, not me, my boat's got a mast.

What a difference a day makes!

I dropped by the field at lunch time today and there was no way that that kayaker was going anywhere today, he would have been high a dry digging ditches with his paddle.

Yes, the ground is wet, but there is little standing water, so the Wednesday flyers may just get a flight or two in albeit muddying their planes.

Cheers
Chris M

Thanks Chris - well, if there's one thing we can depend upon it's McCoy's unpredictability!

I would have bet sheepstations that it wouldn't have been ready for next weekend, let alone a mid-week flying session. Happy to be wrong ... again Smile

Steve Murray

Willy is showing his demeaner. Nil chance of rain till thursday, 5% chance rain thursday, 10% friday. no forecast for Saturday yet but news indicated rain on Sunday. Much like last weeks forecast. Smile Frown Hope it does not repeat exactly. I bags Tazering that kayaker. Any body know how to tazer in photoshop Icon_twisted

I don't know... but I might have to strap those 25 size floats to my Funjet.

Signature overload. That list just got ridiculous. However, Funcubs are .... fun.

Apart from the usual puddles the strip is not really that wet at all.
The grass is nice a short and with the next few days expected to be dry we are ready for the long weekend.

Chris M