Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average

Field Condition...

I was going to have a look at the field this afternoon but got held up with other things
I'll be heading down tomorrow. It should be OK I'd think. I'll post up what I find out

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

I'll be there at 8:30am to say hello.

I'll be down to have a look at least in about an hour
It's probably going to be a case of walking in as the grass is probably too wet to drive on

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

If its okay conditions, I'll be there asap

Well Surprise, Surprise the field is in reasonable condition. Just got a report from Jason who is already down there, he says althogh it is a little heavy the strip is in very good condition and there are no problems driving in. So get down there while you can.

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

great , putting batteries on charge now , looks like a great day , should be there by midday

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

Ok, might appear after lunch. Looked outside at 7ish and gave up on the concept.

Signature overload. That list just got ridiculous. However, Funcubs are .... fun.

Ha! I slept in because it was raining, alright I'm getting ready and will pop by.

Conditions were EXCELLENT and the field was in rather good condition, the only small issue was the usual paspalum heads poking up aboit 6" high from the short grass.

No wind at all had the place to my self too apart from Colin for a little while and then wingtipper came along. I left about 1 ish having no electrons left in my lipos Smile

Were there any standing pools of water on the runway, Jason?

Steve Murray

no Steve . no pools , there havent been any floods flowing over the runway , and the ground has soaked up the rain , there were a few small damp areas off the runway towards the reeds but no pooled water. the runway was quite dry .

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

Thanks mate - well, that's WAY better than I expected.
The working-week forecast is improving too ... all good!

Steve Murray

Update Photos Taken 6:30pm Today

Zoom the last Photo for Paspalum Close Up

Steve Smile

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

I'm glad you were able to fly on the weekend, I'm sorry I missed out on meeting you guys.

However, this gives me time to finish my quadrotor made of sticks and cableties! I'll hopefully have something that stays airborne for a few seconds to show off when I do turn up.

... and getting back to "Field Condition" for a moment - has anyone been to the field today? I'm wondering whether it would tolerate mowing tomorrow (Wednesday).

Steve Murray

I am planning on dropping by to maiden my big Rare Bear tomorrow Steve, weather permitting of course, I finally got the replacement retracts from HK, so I will throw the mower in as well, I should be there about 3pm.

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

OK mate - that sounds alright. Maybe I should get there well before 3:00pm so that I can have the runway done before you want to use it. We can deal with the taxiway and other stuff later.

I'm thinking about getting it done tomorrow because I don't think I'll be able to fit it in on Thursday or Friday (... it's MASNSW meeting night .... Frown )

Steve Murray

We can get the strip sorted first mate. I will have a fly when the work is done. Mower is in the van, see you there!

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

i was there today , simply put , the field was the best i'd ever seen it . not a patch of damp , even at the entrance gate it was dry , freshly mowed , very wide strip and extra long now that the reeds at grace brothers have been cut back further , was a real pleasure to fly there today . all concerned are doing a fantastic job and our field is forever improving .

Yes, thanks guys. Appreciated.

Beginning to charge and load the car now. Planning a big one. Normal two stints with the Devil, put a couple of packs trough the little Piper Archer and if it lasts that long, a fist full of Zippys to put my new/old Gemini 300 20 up for a bit.

Repetition repetition repetition... stick time while the Gods are distracted.

Signature overload. That list just got ridiculous. However, Funcubs are .... fun.

Willy's forecast for tomorrow is not very funny - 100% chance of 15-25mm of rain. I guess we'll have to wait and see of course, but it makes me think that the mowing brigade might be stood-down this week. I'll report back on Thursday ...

Steve Murray

Very soggy at the moment.

Unfortunately, we have two problems with the field at the moment ...

1. It's a little too wet underfoot to mow the entire runway, although it could possibly escape without mowing and still not be too rough for the weekend.

2. We've had some visitors, and putting some topsoil down into the tyre tracks would be required in parts.

Steve Murray

NOT HAPPY !!!!

Sorry Edited Version

Not Happy

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Grrrrrr!!!!

3 Useless things for a Pilot:
Air above you, Air in the tanks, Runway behind you.

EFLIGHT Blade 400, Inside a Jet Ranger Fuse
HK 500GT, Inside an EC-135 Fuse
ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

Pretty much.

Being reserved in my commenting here, because it is the public facing side of the forum.....

Yes being reserved is the way to go, we wouldn't want to insult the low life vandals would we. Although by there obvious inteligence (or lack thereof), they probably couldn't read what we write anyway.
And if we can find out who did it, the council penalty for riding motor bikes in the area would be sufficient revenge.

We should report it to the Poliece. It is a criminal act of vandelism as well as a most likley criminal act in opperating an unregestered motor vehicle and probably also an unlicenced driver.
I say we report it and get an event number?

They probably wont catch these particular offenders but it will go on the statistics if we report it and if there are enough reports there may be bit more of a poliece presence in the area.

After all that's what we pay our taxes for isn it?

I'd suggest just laying the topsoil and not give it any more attention than it deserves. Probably kids with their dirtbike over the holidays.
Maybe put a sign "Please don't do donuts on our runway - come watch the planes on saturday instead!"