Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average

Field Condition...

Nice bit of work by Jason, Samste-Steve and Bob - by the time I got to the field they had it almost done Smile All I could do was admire their handiwork (... and my own timing).
The runway looks excellent and ready for the weekend's festivities!

Steve Murray

Thank you men, appreciate the effort.

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

So that we're not doubling up on effort - I'm going to head over to the field soon to do some mowing. I'll prioritise the runway of course, but I'll report back here later with the outcome.

Steve Murray

I was about to pack the mower and head down to give you a hand Steve, but the sky has gone black and its making lots of rumbling sounds... it doesn't look good at all... so you will be Robinson Crusoe mate... sorry.

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

No worries Gazz - thanks for the thought!
In the end I got it all done but I did have to sit out a short rain squall in the car at one point. It's a pain in the arse, but preferable to a MASNSW meeting Wink

Steve Murray

Very Nice Job, Big Thanks Steve M for Mowing

Steve Smile

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Looking good for the morning, thanks Steve, nice one !!

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

No worries boys - I've had a shower and am now tucking into my Oettis, so it's all good Smile

Steve Murray

Sorry you had to miss the MASNSW meeting Steve.... chin up old boy... what!!
I have to work tomorrow... hope the sun shines on you all.

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Council have been to the Field and Slashed all surrounding areas of Runway.
Lots of Litter about that has been exposed from the slashing that was hidden in the high grass that has been washed up from the heavy Rains we had recently.
This seems to happen when the field gets flooded as it washes the rubbish down from the canal above, and with reeds so high in the middle it pushes the rubbish our way instead of continuing down the water flow.

Would be Great if we Possibly can get some members to bring a small garbage bag with them when they come down to fly next and with many hands we can make a field look clean again.

Steve Smile

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Yes, Steve - there was a lot of crap in amoungst the long grass and I guess collecting it ourselves is the only option.

I'm planning on mowing tomorrow afternoon so that things are set up for the long weekend. There's rain forecast for tomorrow evening, but hopefully it will be light and the ground should be dry enough to absorb most of it anyway.

Steve Murray

I might join you If I can get away from work early

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

I can bring a mower and help out Thursday arvo....
I don't know the lock combo so will need to meet members when you get to the field.
Please give me a call when you are heading down as I am available to help out.

Steve C... 0404 589 181 :-)

Steve - your 3-month trial/provisional membership period has passed so I'll send you a text message with the combination and you can then come and go as you please.
You'll get a text from me within the next five minutes.
Cheers,
Steve

Steve Murray

Ok folks - we're good to go!
SteveC arrived right on time and handled the bulk of the mowing - thanks again for that, mate. The runway is in excellent condition and if we only score a little rain tonight then we'll be set up perfectly for the long weekend. In truth, the strip could actually do with a light rain shower because we were stirring up quite a lot of dust in some areas.

Edit: Wooops! - yes, Samste was there clearing away the crap and doing the markings too, sorry about leaving you off the list there mate!

Steve Murray

Yes The Tripple SSS Team were There Today
(Steve M, Steve C, Steve B)

Thanks Guys for your Hard Work.

Steve

P.s Light Rain Only !

Thanks Steve's

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

(28-03-2013, 06:22 PM)samste Wrote:  P.s Light Rain Only !

Yes - that's right. Currently (7:00pm) we've had very light rain, only just enough to see on the ground. The condition of the field at the moment is such that it could absorb quite a lot before it created a problem on the runway.

Steve Murray

Legend effort Guys !!

Well done Lookin' good !!!!!

Fantastic effort guys. It must be something to do with the name "Steve".....................................and Jason, and Chris, and Wayne, and Garry, and George, and Dave, and John and whoever I have forgotten. No Andrew in that list, for which I apologise and am humbled by the enormous efforts by all concerned.

3 Useless things for a Pilot:
Air above you, Air in the tanks, Runway behind you.

EFLIGHT Blade 400, Inside a Jet Ranger Fuse
HK 500GT, Inside an EC-135 Fuse
ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

Errr, no Dave in that list either. I was at work still. A big thank you to the 3 Steves.

Fantastic guys. I also see Samste put a centre line down so he can win that carton of beer back Biggrin .

I feel falsely privileged to be included in the honour role of members who regularly help to maintain our field, but sadly I was not there yesterday and I am mostly only available on weekends to assist in working bees (and also sadly do not own a mower).
Willy has promised light winds & no rain for today & tomorrow. So hopefully the field did not suffer too much from yesterday's rain & I (we) can gratefully make use of the tripple SSS team's fantastic effort. Thanks guys

(28-03-2013, 10:22 PM)Skidz Wrote:  Fantastic guys. I also see Samste put a centre line down so he can win that carton of beer back Biggrin .

Biggrin For Sure

SteveSmile

Anyone had a look at the field today? I expect the last 24 hours have been unhelpful to say the least - but the forecast says we're really going to cop it tomorrow Frown

Steve Murray

I recon the field will be well and trully swimming by the weekend Steve if it isnt already... forecast is for more rain over the next 4 days.

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Bum

Signature overload. That list just got ridiculous. However, Funcubs are .... fun.

Good morning everyone!
My name is James and I'm currently building myself a quadcopter from scratch. It's still in its infancy, but looking good.

I was hoping to pop down to the field this Saturday morning and watch you guys in action. I'd like to see how the conditions are and get to know you before I submit an application for membership.

What would be the best time to turn up?

G'day James, Welcome to the forum,

I usually get down to the field between 9 and 10 but often there will be someone arriving there between 8:30 and 9:00. Normally if the weather's nice there will be people flying until 2 or perhaps even 3 in the afternoon.

See you there

Looks like the mowing brigade is to be stood-down today!

Steve Murray

if it doesnt rain overnight , is the field any good for flying over the weekend ?

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .