Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average

Field Condition...

(21-02-2013, 11:01 PM)smuzz Wrote:  You were able to do the whole runway, Chris?

Yep, no need to get the mowers out at all.

Wow! - thanks mate, that's amazing! You must have been jogging up and down the length of the field.
Thanks again!

Steve Murray

All you guys deserve an order of Australia Medal. Fine work!!

Smile

(21-02-2013, 11:12 PM)smuzz Wrote:  You must have been jogging up and down the length of the field.
Thanks again!

And after cycling home from work no less - thanks Chris!

<table width="100%" border="0"><tr>
<td>
<span title="No longer arboreally challenged!">Parkzone Stinson SR-10 </span>
Extra-300S EPP
<del>F-18 Blue Angels 64mm EDF</del>
<span title="Why won't it die?!">HK Mini Cessna EPO</span>
Spektrum DX6i - Mode 1</td>
<td valign=top>
Parkzone T-28 Ultra Micro
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
"2x6" basla/ply kit built glider
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
Skyartec Cessna 182 (small UAV)
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
<span title="2nd-hand; rebuild on-hold">"BigBoy" Hugin (biggest UAV)</span>
<span title="For invading small countries">X-8 flying wing</span></td>
</tr></table>

Wow, thanks guys.. even with the weather not looking so good. you put in a mighty effort.
Without your dedication to our club, the some of us (The office bound) will not have a good field to fly off on the weekend.

Hats off to you Gentlemen.Thumbup

Well, at least it's actually flowing ...

Steve Murray

Thanks Steve for the PIcture Update,

I thought it would be something like that with all that Rain we had last Night and early this afternoon.

Well the Whipper Snipper Crew will Have to wait Now For A while.

Steve Smile

P.s Will need To Organise a Work Crew for Lower Ramp Repairs First as i think it will need some attention

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

(23-02-2013, 06:53 PM)samste Wrote:  Thanks Steve for the PIcture Update,

I thought it would be something like that with all that Rain we had last Night and early this afternoon.

Well the Whipper Snipper Crew will Have to wait Now For A while.

Steve Smile

P.s Will need To Organise a Work Crew for Lower Ramp Repairs First as i think it will need some attention

I managed to get a bit done before the deluge
This is some of the aeria we needed to clear for our pylon day on the 17th of March

And I had a good nibble on those reeds as well

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Has anyone been for a stroll/swim around McCoy park of late ?
Will I need to fit a snorkle to my brushcutter to do a bit more down at the field tomorrow afternoon? I don't think that it came with that acessory but I'm sure it's an option. Smile

I'll put in it the car and stop by the field on the way home from work just incase I can get a bit done.

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Jason, if you still intend going to the field this arvo, let me know what time & I will join you with my whipper snipper to lend you a hand & provide some mutual company.
A bit of hard labour might be just what the doctor would order Tounge

(26-02-2013, 09:00 PM)secant0give Wrote:  Has anyone been for a stroll/swim around McCoy park of late ?

Yes - had a look at it during my lunch break. You'll definitely need gum-boots to get to the reeds.

There has been a lot of water in the basin since Chris mowed - the reeds have been flattened at the western end of the field and there are pieces of timber lying all about. The strip is dry enough to walk on, but the forecast for the next three days is not good at all!

Steve Murray

Looks like we might need to have a little working bee and get ALL of the other club members involved. We don't ask much after all, so I think we might need to get everyone down to the field as soon as it dries out and get this shit sorted. Even if only half the club members came down with a wippa snippa we could smash the reeds to pieces in no time flat, rather than the usual suspects doing all the work. Ive got my thinking cap on so stand by!
Gazz

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

I only had my whipper snipper to work with today and tackled the longer grass at the Grace end of the runway until the whipper refused to start again. A bit of a waste of time due to the usual pooling short of that area, but will assist with more traditional lawn mowing when things dry out ( so much for El Ninio being finished it's cycle). Jason tackled the area to the left of the cross strip with his muscle machine but a lot more is needed. I am more than happy to join a weekend working bee and agree, the more the merrier, is much more satisfying to see the results of what many can achieve rather than small results of major effort from just one.
The taxiway is littered with rubbush left behind from running water, bugger, should have also brought my rake. The main strip is reasonably solid to walk on and has been spared from debris.

It was a reasonable afternoon's effort, I managed to get rid of a heap more weeds and long grass on the eastern side of the cross strip, The area we need cleared for Racing on the 17th of next month.
If the weather holds up that's going to be such a fun day!!
don't forget to post up on the thread (linked below) if your going join in and have a go.
http://forum.rcflyingclub.com/showthread.php?tid=879&pid=19398#pid19398

Wasn't intending to belittle your efforts Jason, was a large area cleared for a 1 man show and worthy of praise. What I meant was that it could have been a major difference with many hands on deck.

(27-02-2013, 09:19 PM)Flying fisho Wrote:  Wasn't intending to belittle your efforts Jason, was a large area cleared for a 1 man show and worthy of praise. What I meant was that it could have been a major difference with many hands on deck.

I didn't think of it that way at all Wayne, there is a lot more work to be done on the reeds but I can certainly see the light at the end of the tunnel for the pylon course, I reckon that part of it's about 75% done now !!

I won't be down on friday arvo or on the weekend as I'm off to Nowra but next week I'll try and get a bit more done too.

I can be there wednesday and friday arvo's usually.

Ron has powerfull brush cutter that he's willing to lend to the cause
It's much quicker and easier with a propper brush cutter !!

Taken 3.30 today, has only been light rain today but the field is still not a pretty picture

not happy , all my models are fixed and pheonix is getting boring , thank got i should have a rarebear to muck around with come monday .

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

I took a quick look at the field today.

The picture Wayne took on the 2nd is still fairly accurate (a little bit better but not much). I did however notice that there was a pile of rubbish right near the first locked section across the access road. A lot of what looked like debris (wood etc) and some pallet material along with an old wrecked looking chair. There were still tyre marks that made it look like vehicles had driven in despite the pile being there, but wasnt sure if the pile should be removed.

For all I know this pile was stuff cleared off the field after the rain - just wondering what if anything should be done with it.

Radio: DX8, Mode 1
Blu-Baby (decided to go green and hug a tree, in repairs)
Parkzone T-28 Trojan (pilot looks asleep but plane ready to go)
E-Flite UMX Beast (Barrel roll you say? But I did 10 in a row while you were asking)
Parkzone T-28 Trojan Ultra-Micro (terrorising the local workplace in the name of more practice)
Parkzone Stryker Ultra-Micro (ready to take fingers off willing launchers)

Not rubbish cleared by us from the field, just the handiwork of of some (insert as many expletives you can think of) who think it is a cheaper place to tip rubbish than where it should go. Has been there for a while now.

That illegal dumping occurs all the time Ben - it's people who put a load of rubbish into a trailer/ute and then decide not to take it to the Seven Hills "Waste Transfer Station" (otherwise known as "the tip") after all, and instead drop it anywhere they think is convenient.

The Council might remove it - but I'm not sure if that area is Parramatta's or Blacktown's jurisdiction. In any case it happens all the time and we kind-of have to live with it, unfortunately.

Steve Murray

Had anyone thought of making use of "Clean Up Australia Day" to have the council (whichever one - Parra or Blacktown) pick up the rubbish free of charge. We have missed this years one but put it on the calendar for next year if we again have refuse to get rid of.

Cheers
Chris

PS. Is there any likelyhood that the field will be firm enough to mow later this week?

(05-03-2013, 01:30 PM)chrism Wrote:  PS. Is there any likelyhood that the field will be firm enough to mow later this week?

Maybe. If there is no (or minimal) rain. When I went yesterday there was still noticeable pools of water on the far side of the strip to the pilots box. It was still pretty soggy underfoot. Having said that it was improved compared to saturdays photo.

Radio: DX8, Mode 1
Blu-Baby (decided to go green and hug a tree, in repairs)
Parkzone T-28 Trojan (pilot looks asleep but plane ready to go)
E-Flite UMX Beast (Barrel roll you say? But I did 10 in a row while you were asking)
Parkzone T-28 Trojan Ultra-Micro (terrorising the local workplace in the name of more practice)
Parkzone Stryker Ultra-Micro (ready to take fingers off willing launchers)

I was down ther this arvo and if it doesn't rain between now and then it could be ready for a mow tomorrow arvo, perhaps not all of it but the main usable part of the strip should be.

It would have been just possible to drive in with out digging up the field if you kept to the high ground. I wouldn't recomend it today if it wasn't 100% necessary but tomorrow it will be a lot better !!

Willyweather is finally saying positive things about the weekly forecast. Giving the ground as much time as possible to dry out before mowing would be preferable, of course - so I'm planning to get over there to do the strip on Friday afternoon.

Steve Murray

I will head down for a little more brush cutting this afternoon if I get a chance
I will bring my gum boots Smile

6/3/2013

Hi everybody, called into the field this morning was quite a bit of water Laying around. The usual spots, plus the runway is still quite soggy, what asked what's happening about the17. I was still going ahead all Agana put it off for a few weeks . To allow the field can dry out .

Kind regards, Bob.

Yip - Bob's summation is pretty much correct. It's just a little too wet to mow at the moment, but I'm hopeful that 48 hours will see an improvement so I'm sticking with my plan of mowing the runway on Friday afternoon.

Steve Murray

Yes I'm not able to get down there this arvo any way so perhaps
it will have to be friday also for me

Hi Guys,
I will be there Friday after work (about 5-30pm) with the large machine to mow as much of the strip as possible based on the water level.

Could I ask those that are intending on helping out if and would be there before me, if you could clear the debris from the strip, taxi way and heli area so I can get a good run at it.

Cheers
Chris