Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average

Field Condition...

Hi Guys,
Went by the field this evening expecting it to be dry and was surprised to see that we still have a few wet areas, but it is nothing to stop us from flying.

Being back at work means that I will be mowing tomorrow evening from around 5-45pm. It takes around an 1.5hr to do all the strip and taxi way using Ron's machine - this is dependant on how damp the ground is.

Chris M

I'm a bit dissapointed my new Brush cutter hasn't arrived yet
I'm hoping tomorrow it might turn up!!

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Thanks Chris - and I apologise for being AWOL this week!

Steve Murray

No worries Steve.
Steve B kept me company this week.

The strip has had it's haircut and is ready for tomorrows action.

Awsome Thanks Guys It's very much appriciated !!

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Thanks guys.

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

I'm going to head over to the field and see if I can mow the runway now.
I don't know whether the weather will behave for us on the weekend, but I'll bet it needs a mow and I'm sick and ****ing tired of sitting in front of this bloody computer anyway!

Steve Murray

The runway and the taxiway have been mown - or as much of it as I could. Unfortunately, the western end of the runway and the depression opposite the pilot's box were still pretty soft.

It's good enough to use, but I guess I was hoping for things to be like they have been for the past month or so when the surface was solid.

Steve Murray

Nice work as always Steve.
Seems everytime you hit the field lately, I am unable to help due to work commitments.
I'm sure all the club members appreciate your support ... and if they don't... I am happy to lead a hunting party and teach the mothers a little respect....

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

I am not scared Mr Big Kahuna, no need to hunt me down. I am always very grateful for the efforts of our mowing brigadeers. Still haven't bought that ride-on but hopefully on occasions I can be present when mowing is active to share the labour. Weekend sparrow's fart starters need only post their intentions & I will be there.

No worries Gazz and Wayne - I needed to get outside anyway. It was a good way to forget about work hassles for a couple of hours.

Steve Murray

Well the Bush beast Has arrived !!

I'm heading down to the field this shortly to do some low passes over the weeds !!

I put it together at lunch time and added some fuel to the tank, It started on the 4th pull and on the first pull every time since. Lets see how long that lasts???

I'm going to give it a good work out this afternoon !!

(15-02-2013, 01:42 PM)secant0give Wrote:  Well the Bush beast Has arrived !!

I'm heading down to the field this shortly to do some low passes over the weeds !!

I'm going to give it a good work out this afternoon !!

Jason, hope I'm not too late, can you concentrate on improving the approach on the western end of the strip.
I was considering coming down this afternoon with my humble whipper snipper to have a go at this area.

Cheers
Chris

It should last a bloody long time Jason.
Have you seen the price on the website since the introductory sale finished.
I was going to get one but missed out on the sale.
They have gone up in price by over 300 percent.

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/8IN1-52CC-CHA...tDomain_15&hash=item3f1c4eaf99

Here it is for abot $230 with some extra attachements including postage

don't pat 534 for it

I managed to find one for Rod for only a little more than the one I brought.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/150869542758?...K:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

It's slightly different in that the main shaft is one peice. The ducting around the engine looks a little different as well but it's the same size engine and it wouldn't suprise if the engines wernt from the same factory as well.

I hope to get down to the field for some trimming of weeds tomorrow afternoon

Lets Attack The weeds

I am hoping to try an organize a large group of whipper snippers to attack the Field in the very near future, possibly one late Afternoon after 5pm or some other date that suits all, maybe one early Saturday Morning..
If we can get at least 1/2 a dozen or so helpers we can do a quite a bit in a few hours work and make a huge difference for all.

Please advise if you can help and when would best suit Thanks

Steve

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Yes mate - I'll be a part of that, but I want to get a brush-cutter blade for my whipper-snipper first.
I hope Willy is wrong ... the forecast looks diabolical for the rest of this week at least.

Steve Murray

My whipper-snipper is battery operated (well, what else did you expect?!), and so it may not be up to the challenge, but I'll be happy to pitch in regardless (prefer weekend morning).

<table width="100%" border="0"><tr>
<td>
<span title="No longer arboreally challenged!">Parkzone Stinson SR-10 </span>
Extra-300S EPP
<del>F-18 Blue Angels 64mm EDF</del>
<span title="Why won't it die?!">HK Mini Cessna EPO</span>
Spektrum DX6i - Mode 1</td>
<td valign=top>
Parkzone T-28 Ultra Micro
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
"2x6" basla/ply kit built glider
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
Skyartec Cessna 182 (small UAV)
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
<span title="2nd-hand; rebuild on-hold">"BigBoy" Hugin (biggest UAV)</span>
<span title="For invading small countries">X-8 flying wing</span></td>
</tr></table>

for me it's Wednesday or Friday afternoons.
I'm hoping to get there around 4ish tomorrow afternoon

Hi Steve B,
I was hoping that someone would bring this up, along with filling in the low spots on the strip.

I am available most weekdays after work from around 5-30pm which means that I would get about 1 1/2hrs of useful work time while we still have daylight savings.
Could I suggest that maybe a Saturday afternoon from 3pm till 5pm might suit the majority and this won't stop the regular Saturday morning fliers from getting some flying time.

Saturday mornings are not the suitable for me at present, any other time and I will be there.

Also I have 2 whipper snippers that can be used although one is in need of some TLC at the moment, plus I would like to get a solid blade for the Ryobi I have.

Cheers
Chris

(19-02-2013, 08:22 PM)Claudius Wrote:  My whipper-snipper is battery operated (well, what else did you expect?!), and so it may not be up to the challenge, but I'll be happy to pitch in regardless (prefer weekend morning).

I'm sorry , i was certain that was a car . LOLLol

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

Not sure about being able to get to the field for mowing tomorrow - got some extra work hassles happening at the moment.

Steve Murray

I was going to go Down This afternoon but just got home from work and buggered, Sorry Guys.

Maybe will Try to Get Down Tommorow possibly.

Steve

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Actually you passed me as you turned off Windsor Rd at Kellyville and you did look tired... better put your feet up and have a beer. I'm watching the news with a Savignon Blanc myself.

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,
Durafly P51 Mustang, Edge 540T 3D.
Helis: Blade mCPX, Blade 450X, HK450GT V2Belt, Gaui 550 Hurricane.
Spektrum DX9, DX7se & DX4e

I will be at the field tomorrow afternoon for some more whipper snippering Rod was working at it like a man with a mission !!
We got quite a bit done on Wednesday and Chris was still pushing Rons mighty mower around when I left.
It is really starting to look good. There should be a very noticable difference by the time the weekend rolls around !!

Hi Guys,

I was talking to Ron Sharp today (our mower man guru) & he said he had an industrial whipper snipper he would lend us.

I would like to help with the task at hand but my back is completly stuffed, still going to physio.

He suggested we contact him if we require this next monster for us to use.

Regards,

Ingo

HobbyZone - SuperCub x 2
Parkzone -T-28D Trojan
Guanli - Cessna 182 / F4U Coursair
Multiplex - Twinstarr ll
Electrafun XP - Back from the dead - It flies

In the Hanger waiting Build
Guanli - ME 109 / Zero / P47 / F4U Cousair / T-109 / Spitfire / P47
Skyartec - Funjet x 2
Beaver - Balsa
Decathlon – Balsa - Big

The World Models - 40" Clipped Wing Cub Sunburst Red

In the Hanger Repair Shop
Guanli - P47 / Spitfire / Cub 3 Channel Modified / Skylark Glider

JR XP662 – 36MHz Radio – Mode 1
DX7 2.4GHz Mode 1

The one I have is pretty grunty It doesn't lack power at all it' just a bit heavy to weild for long periods of time. It has a harnes so the weight is taken on you shoulders. But If we can get a couple more like that going at the same time we will have it all done very shortly !!

I was suprised at quickly it got through the reeds no trouble cutting them off right at the ground with a little practice

Hi Guys,
After cycling home from work then checking the "Field Condition" posts and with the forecasted rain holding off, I bolted down to the field to run Ron's mower over the main strip & taxi way.
Now lets hope the rain doesn't eventuate so we can have a good weekends flying, but even if it does at least the field will dry faster with the shorter grass.

The effort Rod & Jason have gone to in cutting down the reeds is fantastic - a big thank you on behalf of all the club members.

Chris M ThumbupThumbupThumbup

You were able to do the whole runway, Chris?

Steve Murray