Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average

Field Condition...

(15-11-2012, 06:40 PM)samste Wrote:  Field Runway is Dry and Mowed.

Thanks a bunch samste, yet again!

<table width="100%" border="0"><tr>
<td>
<span title="No longer arboreally challenged!">Parkzone Stinson SR-10 </span>
Extra-300S EPP
<del>F-18 Blue Angels 64mm EDF</del>
<span title="Why won't it die?!">HK Mini Cessna EPO</span>
Spektrum DX6i - Mode 1</td>
<td valign=top>
Parkzone T-28 Ultra Micro
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
"2x6" basla/ply kit built glider
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
Skyartec Cessna 182 (small UAV)
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
<span title="2nd-hand; rebuild on-hold">"BigBoy" Hugin (biggest UAV)</span>
<span title="For invading small countries">X-8 flying wing</span></td>
</tr></table>

Great work. Strip must be in good shape.

Strip is very dry and very flat and low cut, Nice Smile

I know this is a bad thing but a little rain would green it up, and i mean a little only .

Steve

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Well, I think a "little" rain is on the way.

You got that in one "sunshine" pardon the pun, a little rain we have had.
Now it just needs to "piss off"!!! so we can have a great weekends flying.

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

yeah , i'm suffering withdrawels as my building and modding is upto date , i have time off and cant fly . im putting all my batteries in storage mode to keep involved in the infatuation with the hobby .

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

(16-11-2012, 05:08 PM)wingtipper Wrote:  yeah , i'm suffering withdrawels as my building and modding is upto date , i have time off and cant fly . im putting all my batteries in storage mode to keep involved in the infatuation with the hobby .

Should be able to fly tomorrow. The field will be OK there hasn't been enough rain to flood it yet!! Just enough to water the grass on the strip I'd reckon

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

(16-11-2012, 07:57 PM)secant0give Wrote:  Should be able to fly tomorrow. The field will be OK there hasn't been enough rain to flood it yet!! Just enough to water the grass on the strip I'd reckon
Wha hey! - Oi loik y're orptimism pal! (that's my Irish accent ... because you'll need "the luck of the Irish" mate!)

The weather observations made by humble self, says that the field will be a mess tomorrow ... a complete mess.

Steve Murray

Lol Steve M

All i Said was a Little !

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Field Condition Update ?

Don't know mate - can't get there today as I've got a few other hassles to deal with. I don't think it would be good news at McCoy though Frown

Steve Murray

The field is fine Steve.
I just got home from a great morning fly with a few other members.
The big hole opposite the pilots box has a bit of standing water and a few small spots on the strip are damp under foot but it is good to go for everthing apart from really big aircraft.
Gazz

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Well, you could knock me over with a feather.

Steve Murray

Can I use a really big feather?

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

(17-11-2012, 01:16 PM)smuzz Wrote:  Well, you could knock me over with a feather.

Lol Can i Tickle you Instead

Thanks Gazz, Just got home from work was curious as thinking of heading down Tommorow Morning for an couple of hours.

Steve Smile

I honestly expected it to be holding water in several places - well, there you go!

Steve Murray

So it wasn't too bad after all? I didn't get down there for a look today, domestic duties an' all that.

I've got a leave pass for a whole days flying tomorrow tho' so I will definatly be down at the field starting around 10 am Smile

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

The strip is in dire need of a good trim, I hope to give it the once over on Friday afternoon around 3.30, If anyone else has the time to assist please post and let me know.
I will post Friday afternoon, weather permitting to confirm that it is on.
Gazz

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Sorry champ - can't help this week. Got a problem to deal with at work. I'll be with you in spirit though Wink

Steve Murray

Hi Gazz,
I can't make it until 5-30pm at the earliest on Friday for the mowing detail if that is of any help, but I should let you know that the strip is quite wet as of tonight (Wednesday - I went down to see what shape it was in and possibly have a flight or two). We can only hope that it dries up over the next few days but that maybe hopeful given the forecast of possible afternoon storms.
Also I saw that some of the willow trees have been brought down, however the lopped trees have not all been removed as yet nor have the stumps been removed. There is no damage to the strip from the tree lopping trucks or equipment etc which is a relief.

Chris M

Thanks for the update Chris.
STEVE any chance you could give me a heads up on the field condition?
I recon the heat today should have just about fried the field good and proper, even if you don't let me know till midday tomorrow... thats cool.
I will pack the mower either way...so I can give it a hit tomorrow!

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Hi Gazz,
I ended up going down to the field this evening to do what I could by 7pm.
We have our usual 2 lakes on the far side of the strip, but the majority of the strip is OK, the cross strip is a swamp and will require trimming back as soon as it dries out otherwise the reeds will take over again. I didn't get to finish the main strip, nor did I start on the taxiway or heli area and both those area's are firm under foot.
I will drop in tomorrow evening after work.

Cheers
Chris

Thanks Chris,
The forcast for today is a bit of a scorcher so I think I will leave it till around 5.30 and finish the field off as it starts to cool down.
Gazz

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

G'day Gazz
I did the taxiway and heli area this morning. Extended the main strip for gear up landings only but did not touch the main strip.
Happy flying, Pete

You D man Pete
Thanks for the effort.
I was just about to post and say that I am not mowing this afternoon... its just too bloody hot.
I was going to give it a hit first thing tomorrow.
Does it need more work at the moment or is it OK for the weekend.

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Gazz
The strip is fine for flying though a little narrow due to water. Cutting the heli area makes a person dizzy.
Pete

Mowing this morning cancelled.

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Bit soggy.

Signature overload. That list just got ridiculous. However, Funcubs are .... fun.

Dropped by the field just before 12 to have a Captain Cook at the field condition. With thanks to Chris, the main runway, although mown a bit narrower than the norm, was remarkably dry & firm underfoot and the puddly area to the right if the pitot box was cleared of any pooling & not even soggy. The puddle to the left of the pilot box was still pooled with water and as usual will take a lot longer to clear. Definitely flyable at the field and if the rain gods take mercy on us tonight will be worth a visit to the field tomorrow.

Hi Guys,
I had repaired mower to test out today so given the windy conditions I decided to do some laps of our flying field this afternoon.
I widened the main strip as my mower died before I finished it last Thursday evening and then I started on the cross strip which was like mowing a rice padi and finally I finished off with a bit of whipper snipping in an attempt to hold on to the ground previous recovered by our dedicated band of mower men.
Hopefully this will help the preparations for next weekends xmas party - we want our field to look its best for the occasion.

Looking forward to this coming Sunday.
Cheers
Chris M