Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average

Field Condition...

If it's any consolation Darren and I where intending to
head to Blacktown this morning for his Habu and my F86 maiden flights.
Unfortunately, upon inspection last night he found that the strip was
soaking wet and grass up beyond his ankles so we called it off.
I may come down tomorrow morning with a couple of hand launchers but
I'll see how I feel in the morning.

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Scratchbuilt F14 Tomcat(Pukin Dogs)
Vector X
Eflite F86 Sabre(Taz Tiger)
Qantas Airbus A380(Nancy-Bird Walton)
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
VQ Models P61 Night Fighter
CY Models FW190

Sorry to be a smartarse, but I predicted the unsuitability of flying planes with wheels at McKoy & headed to Penrith. Closely mown grass on a firm base. Absolutely PERFECT flying conditions for all planes. Kev B must have had the same thoughts.

Anyone heading out tomorrow?

I will be going to Penrith tomorrow if the weather conditions remain this good.
I will post in the morning just before leaving, which will be about 8 am.

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

Dont be in too much of an early morning hurry Gaz, I got there yesterday about 8.30ish and the dew hadnt dried off the runway resulting in plenty of cleaning needed of the underside of my plane

I notice on the "Flying this week ..." thread, that you're heading down to McCoy with your mower, Samste-Steve. Thanks for that.
I just got back from checking the runway over and decided to delay doing any mowing until Friday - but do whatever you want to today, and I'll go over on Friday afternoon and finish off anything left. It looked to me like about 60% of the runway was dry enough to push a mower over today - hopefully some more will evaporate over the next three days.

Let me know if you want a hand on Friday Steve. I can take my mower to work in the van and meet you there from 3.30 on.

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Nice one Gazz - appreciated, but don't worry about it for a couple of reasons: Firstly, I'll be working from home on Friday, so I'll have plenty of time to get over there and do whatever is needed. Secondly, things are looking less optimistic for the weekend as far as the weather goes, so perhaps it's better for only one of us to be "chocka-block full of the angry pills" as Roy and HG used to say.

Congrats on the recent maiden too ... and I still haven't seen the DW flying yet - I might even be an old fart before that finally takes place.

Noooo! It can't rain!
I want to come and watch some flying n have a chat!

All Mowed, Possibly a light mow to pick up grass clippings on Friday will make it nice for the Weekend.                    

Steve

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Awesome Job Steve!

3 Useless things for a Pilot:
Air above you, Air in the tanks, Runway behind you.

EFLIGHT Blade 400, Inside a Jet Ranger Fuse
HK 500GT, Inside an EC-135 Fuse
ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

Nice work Steve!

Big effort Steve. Thanks for the effort.

See Steve..... if the friggin rain stays away, you might see the DW ....THIS weekend. I dont want you have to wait forever to see one of the coolest planes in the sky.

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

(13-03-2012, 08:27 PM)gbanger Wrote:  Big effort Steve. Thanks for the effort.

See Steve..... if the friggin rain stays away, you might see the DW ....THIS weekend. I dont want you have to wait forever to see one of the coolest planes in the sky.

Lets hope the weather holds out and helps Dry the Field some more this week as its not Pretty looking at the moment.
And yes it would be nice to see DW Flying.

Hey don't Tell anyone but i'm Thinking of Buying a Seb art, I need to find out about all this hipe around the seb art. Hoping i might be able to get it for my Birthday which is only a couple of weeks away otherwise might just have to wait for a while.
Steve

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Nice Job with the mower Steve !!
Sebat models are very nice machines!!

What one are you looking at ??

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Buy a PC 21 Steve. Then we can do the claton Roulettes thing. The Red and White looks smart, not a big fan of the yellow and black, dont buy the Blue and White one though, because if you do we will probably clash..... beacuse Ive got one of the magic little suckers on order.

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

(13-03-2012, 10:01 PM)gbanger Wrote:  Buy a PC 21 Steve. Then we can do the claton Roulettes thing. The Red and White looks smart, not a big fan of the yellow and black, dont buy the Blue and White one though, because if you do we will probably clash..... beacuse Ive got one of the magic little suckers on order.
Red and White sounds good to me.Smile

Went down the field this morning with Claudio and it seemed pretty good, especially now it's nicely mown. Hi to everyone else who was down there too.
A bit wet on the side nearest to the powerlines, but my Trojan and Claudios SBach handled it just fine.
Now it just has to stay fine till the weekend...

E-Flite Vapor
PZ Ultra Micro Mosquito
Durafly T-28 Trojan
HK FW-190-A8
E-Flite Ultra Micro MiG-15
FMS Stuka (Woo Hoo!)
Langxiang Su-47 Berkut
HK450 Heli

Just joining the chorus of thanks for the mowing effort Steve B - myself, our new member Angus, John H, Kev B and SRL made good use of it today... and hopefully the weather plays nice and we all get a chance at it on the weekend.

<table width="100%" border="0"><tr>
<td>
<span title="No longer arboreally challenged!">Parkzone Stinson SR-10 </span>
Extra-300S EPP
<del>F-18 Blue Angels 64mm EDF</del>
<span title="Why won't it die?!">HK Mini Cessna EPO</span>
Spektrum DX6i - Mode 1</td>
<td valign=top>
Parkzone T-28 Ultra Micro
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
"2x6" basla/ply kit built glider
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
Skyartec Cessna 182 (small UAV)
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
<span title="2nd-hand; rebuild on-hold">"BigBoy" Hugin (biggest UAV)</span>
<span title="For invading small countries">X-8 flying wing</span></td>
</tr></table>

(14-03-2012, 08:16 PM)Claudius Wrote:  Just joining the chorus of thanks for the mowing effort Steve B - myself, our new member Angus, John H, Kev B and SRL made good use of it today... and hopefully the weather plays nice and we all get a chance at it on the weekend.

Thanks
Yeah i would have loved to join you Morning Crew Guys as the weather conditions were perfect but work always get in the way.
But How got a bit of flying in late this afternoon with the Afternoon Crew
and had a blast.

Lets Hope Willy's wrong or late with his weather Predictions.

Steve Smile

I am Curious to know how much water actually fell in mc coy if any one knows ?

I know i got a lot at my place but talking to some friends in other nearby suburbs it appears it missed them and only got a little.

It looks as If Penrith didn't get much either

Steve

(17-03-2012, 09:04 PM)samste Wrote:  I am Curious to know how much water actually fell in mc coy if any one knows ?

I know i got a lot at my place but talking to some friends in other nearby suburbs it appears it missed them and only got a little.

It looks as If Penrith didn't get much either

Steve

Got 85mm in Parramatta.

I haven't got a rain-gauge outside at the moment, but we would easily have had 50mm in the last 24 hours, no doubt about it. Since the field is only a couple of hundred yards from my place, I'm sure it would have got the same. Junior and I drove past the field twice today, but didn't bother to go in and have a look because we knew what we'd see and I'm trying to cut down on the amount of swearing I'm doing at the moment.

You swear Steve!!!!!

Noooooooooooooooooo......

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

We didnt get a drenching but our property values have risen somewhat as we now own Water-Fronts On another note as A individual
who has mown for the last 5-6 years It has not gone un-noticed that some members have been kind enough to donate there own time and resources into trying to keep the field in a flyable condition as the ground has been to soft for my mower and I for one even that I haven,t flown much of late DO REALLY APPRECIATE IT WELL DONE TO ALL CONCERNED

Field Condition Update

Still Damp but Slowly Drying

its becoming a bit like a weekly cycle .

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

As long as it doesn't get in sink with the weekend !!

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Here's hoping that bom's current predictions hold true!

Once again Steve...................... great work on the sign mate, appreciate the effort.......................don't think anyone else noticed your lovely handy work in the zoom shot of Pic 1 (Post #566)

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6