Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average

Field Condition...

Thanks for the update Steve - that does bode well for the future.

<table width="100%" border="0"><tr>
<td>
<span title="No longer arboreally challenged!">Parkzone Stinson SR-10 </span>
Extra-300S EPP
<del>F-18 Blue Angels 64mm EDF</del>
<span title="Why won't it die?!">HK Mini Cessna EPO</span>
Spektrum DX6i - Mode 1</td>
<td valign=top>
Parkzone T-28 Ultra Micro
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
"2x6" basla/ply kit built glider
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
Skyartec Cessna 182 (small UAV)
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
<span title="2nd-hand; rebuild on-hold">"BigBoy" Hugin (biggest UAV)</span>
<span title="For invading small countries">X-8 flying wing</span></td>
</tr></table>

No worries Chris - I need the exercise more than you do anyway!
Not sure when I'll go over there yet, but probably Friday so it's all fresh for the weekend.

Steve Murray

I've got Bob on the mower down here, and he's having a ball. The strip looks perfect for tomorrow.

Steve Murray

nice work everybody i cant wait to finally see the field again ,it been literally months! Smile

Jet Teng BAE Hawk 2010 Demo Team
Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
ESM Texan II / 35cc Gasser
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Falcon 120 (Prepping for Kingtech K100 turbine )
Spektrum DX6i

Junior and I just got back in from a look at McCoy. It's not as bad as I thought it would be and if there's no more rain (that's IF ...) then the remaining water might drain off before tomorrow morning. The only other problem is the paspalum has predictably thrived and there's no chance to mow it before tomorrow. Will have to play it by ear.

Steve Murray

Thanks for the update Steve
Would appreciate an update tomorrow morning (weather permitting....and I use that phrase very losely)
And buy the way be careful of your ears.
If McCoy is R.S. I might go out to PEMAC tomorrow if the weather takes a chill pill and the big black fluffy things in the sky piss off.
I seriously need to go and do some flying before I spac out and turn into a serial killer.

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

i might get there a bit earlier with the mower.

OK Dave, but unless it drains off a fair bit tonight it will still be marginal tomorrow. There are several patches of water in amongst the runway turf which would make things difficult for mowers as well as planes. Another option might be to take a couple of whipper-snippers over there and walk the runway sweeping the paspalum. It could really do with a proper mow, the whipper-snippers would only be a quick stop-gap for the day.

I've just noticed that Willy has improved the forecast for the weekend - Saturday shows 55% chance of 1 - 5mm and Sunday shows no rain! However it shows 95% chance of 5 - 10mm for Monday, which could be brought forward as the weekend progresses. Maybe mowing later in the day tomorrow to prepare for Sunday is the go.

Junior and I were thinking of a trip to PEMAC tomorrow as a preference as he wants to get some more driving time in his "L" plate logbook.

Steve Murray

I am a bit troubled. If there is no-one to open the gates as they are keen to fly elsewhere, I might reconsider my intentions. Is anyone planning to open up and fly at McCoy?

I'd recon if you take the never ending frikkin deluge into consideration.... that would be a NO Dave!

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

I am planing on getting to mcCoy by 9am and will open the gates if they are not already open.

Hi Dave,
Sorry I didn't see your posting earlier, I can open up for you at around 8-00am if you want, but I can not stay as we are going out for the day.

I am hoping to fly Sunday at McCoy if the weather is willing, otherwise I will be going to PEMAC.

Cheers
Chris

Cannot Fly This morning, possibly late this afternoon.

Steve

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Just had a walk on our runway, bit sloshy underfoot with surface water on the eastern approach & where filled. Scattered paspalum stems. Saw post about opening at 8am, arrived 8.10 but nobody here but me

im thinkin at this point i need to fly sunday so if mccoy is a no-go im considering calling in one of the 8 free fly at pemac days for a non member.. :P

Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Spektrum DX6i

I'm definatly keen for a fly tomorrow, so I might join you at PEMAC if McCoy is no good tomorrow. I want to give my FPV Mugi a maiden. Or at least see if I can get it off the ground....

Mick

Spektrum DX7 Mode 2
Parkzone T28 Trojan
HK Sumo Flying Wing.... Completly Awesome!
Scratchbuilt First Step.... Slow Flyer
HK SPAD XIII....
J-Power Mini F-18 EDF
Scratchbuilt Morane Saulnier A1....Under Construction
Scratchbuilt Luton Minor.... Retired
Unbranded OV-10 Bronco.... Awaiting Build

· On the other hand, you have different fingers.

well i stopped in down at mccoy while kev b was having a moe and dave, wayne and afew others were there , surprisingly good i thought and there is sunshine out now so im keen on tomorrow morning at mccoy , hope to see afew others there then Smile

Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Spektrum DX6i

When Kev J dropped in, yes KB was mowing the cross strip (with Dave's mower), but it was Dave who deserves the biggest thank you for the majority of the mowing. There must have been a drizzle early this morning that made the runway a bit sloshy underfoot when I inspected at 8ish this morning, but the decreased length of grass, 8-10kph breeze & mid 20's temperature did the trick in drying out the new runway to an amply dry flying condition. No rain overnight will yield good flying conditions tomorow (pending Willies further leniency)

Sounds like it will be a good one for tomorrow. Pity..I'll be in the "Lurching Bat Cave" (Flight Simulator), when I should be flying models! Oh well.

3 Useless things for a Pilot:
Air above you, Air in the tanks, Runway behind you.

EFLIGHT Blade 400, Inside a Jet Ranger Fuse
HK 500GT, Inside an EC-135 Fuse
ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

Yeh, Junior and I went out to PEMAC this afternoon and put a few batteries through the Trojan. Although their strip is operational, there are at least three pools of water on that one too! Looks like McCoy will be as good as anywhere else tomorrow Smile

Steve Murray

(28-01-2012, 05:54 PM)brotherblonde Wrote:  Sounds like it will be a good one for tomorrow. Pity..I'll be in the "Lurching Bat Cave" (Flight Simulator), when I should be flying models! Oh well.

Will happily replace you in that sim

I'll join you all at Mcoy tomorrow. Let's hope the rain hold off for once.

George

"Crash and Cry! Don't fly"

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
HK Cri Cri ugly,Super Cub 1870mm balsa, Sbach 1000mm balsa, Vampire, Katana E50 balsa, BA Hawke 90mm (on hold for large runway), Durafly BF110, Corsair,
EScale Zero
Freewing Eurofighter Typhoon & SU-34
Starmax F5e Tiger & 70mm F-18
FMS T-28 Trojan, P-38 Silver, 50mm F-86, C-17 Globmaster

Fly fly F-100
B-25 2.0m LX and A10 1.5m Langxiang (being glassed and re-built)
Seagull Super Tucano

(28-01-2012, 08:22 PM)Raptorfly Wrote:  I'll join you all at Mcoy tomorrow. Let's hope the rain hold off for once.

Called in to McCoy this afternoon about 1.45 and there was no one there. Colin came a bit later. We put a few batteries through.

Without any more rain things should be good for tomorrow.

Steve, bring your ladder. There's another one of Colin's planes on the roof.

I should be there as well Smile

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

(28-01-2012, 07:03 PM)kizza42 Wrote:  
(28-01-2012, 05:54 PM)brotherblonde Wrote:  Sounds like it will be a good one for tomorrow. Pity..I'll be in the "Lurching Bat Cave" (Flight Simulator), when I should be flying models! Oh well.
Will happily replace you in that sim
+1. Sorry BB, I tried my best to feel sorry for you, I really did... but failed miserably Smile

Planning to head down to McCoy for a couple hours in the morning.

<td>
Extra-300S EPP
<td valign=top>
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
</tr></table>

I'll be coming down Sunday, hopefully, if I can get in the right time zone. Tried this morning, but failed.

Was in the vicinity of the field around 11:30am today, so popped in to take a look at the conditions (in all truth, to see if it is possible to fly something like a PZ or HK Icon A5 off the field after the sort of rain we've had).

Here's the result:

May not be clear from the pics, but still quite a bit of running water.

<td>
Extra-300S EPP
<td valign=top>
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
</tr></table>

(04-02-2012, 02:11 PM)Claudius Wrote:  Was in the vicinity of the field around 11:30am today, so popped in to take a look at the conditions (in all truth, to see if it is possible to fly something like a PZ or HK Icon A5 off the field after the sort of rain we've had).

Here's the result:

May not be clear from the pics, but still quite a bit of running water.

Thanks Claudio for the Update pics, I assumed with all the Rain we have had plus last night all night drizzle it would be pretty sad.

It will Take a while to dry out if we dont get a break in the Weather.
I Reckon Pemac would be in similar vote at there strip but to a lesser degree.

Steve

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Nice sky reflections in the water there Claudio. Smile

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Scratchbuilt F14 Tomcat(Pukin Dogs)
Vector X
Eflite F86 Sabre(Taz Tiger)
Qantas Airbus A380(Nancy-Bird Walton)
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
VQ Models P61 Night Fighter
CY Models FW190

... and here we are almost exactly four hours later at 3:25pm. It's draining off well, but is going to need a break from the rain during the coming week so that we can consider mowing it for next weekend.

Steve Murray