Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average

Field Condition...

(07-05-2021, 04:54 PM)dfw Wrote:  Hi guys. I was at the field yesterday and the field is in very Paul condition if we get any more rain we should only have walk-in only

Its Saturday the strip has been cut and its been dry a for a couple of days and the rain is about to mome in.

srl

Any update on the current field condition?

3 Useless things for a Pilot:
Air above you, Air in the tanks, Runway behind you.

EFLIGHT Blade 400, Inside a Jet Ranger Fuse
HK 500GT, Inside an EC-135 Fuse
ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

HI Andrew

A few of us were flying last Saturday. I was ready to walk in but Pete had unlocked and open the gate.
The drive in was Ok but only just. Pete had marked off the bad mud areas.
Half the strip has been cut but no good yet for aircraft wheels so hand launch only for planes.
Boots and jeans are advised to be worn.

More rain this week.

srl

Thanks Stephen.

3 Useless things for a Pilot:
Air above you, Air in the tanks, Runway behind you.

EFLIGHT Blade 400, Inside a Jet Ranger Fuse
HK 500GT, Inside an EC-135 Fuse
ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

Just had a look at the Parramatta council web site. Mccoy park is still closed so walk in only for us this weekend.

srl

Mccoy park is now open, the road in dry and the strip has been cut.

srl

Hi all, just wondering what condition the field is in and if anyone will be out there flying tomorrow or Sunday? the 9th/10th July..

First time we have been able to drive into Mccoy field for a while and my PA Ultimate is back flying since the lockdowns and rain. with 7 batteries its always good to remind myself how good these planes fly.

srl

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

With rain yesterday it will still be walk in. Committee meeting with good weather at 11am tomorrow so expect a good turnout and a lot of flying.

srl
Photo 

Hello All,

With the improving weather, I thought I would send out a brief Club update.

The mostly dry weather has allowed the field to dry out and this along with the many complaints from dog walkers, has compelled the council to resume the mowing. Hooray!

The Council boys are making good progress with limited equipment and they have given the Club the expectation that it should be back to the way it was prior to Covid and the rains.
But as always a special call out to Peter for his tireless efforts over the winter and spring and rains to keep us flying at all.

It is great to be able to drive in again and I encourage everyone to dust off their planes and come down to enjoy the great flying conditions and catch up with fellow flyers.

We have had many new member inquiries recently which is great to see, so get the word out that the club is open.

Anyway, get your planes out and get down the field, see you soon.

Cheers,

Andrew
President
PRCAC

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

To members and friends of Parramatta Radio Control Flying Club.

Our AGM and BBQ is this Saturday 15th July from 11am. With the weather forecast being partly cloudy and light winds again we are expecting a good morning attendance like previous weeks.

We have had a few new members join this year and we continue to get regular enquiries. Liam who has recently joined is using the new low cost Radio Master / Matek ELRS radio which is proven to be reliable at Mccoy field . Feel free to ask about the LOS issues after the AGM.

Hope to see you there.
Stephen Lange and the committee.

Pete is mowing the strip today, yes the grass is growing again.
We encourage members to be down with him particularly during the warmer weather.

With their permission you can fly at the opposite end of the field while someone is mowing, keeping 30 metres from them.
If council is mowing on our side of the park then there is no flying from the main strip at all.

Thanks
srl