Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Depron for sale

I have bought in bulk 6mm and 3mm for my indoor kits, so I'm happy to sell in small quantity's
I'm keeping the price simple, 1000mm x 350mm, $10. 3 or 6 mm.
Also 1000x700mm $20.
Its pickup at Mccoy late Saturday mornings.

If any one is interested in a good build I can cut out the Extra 330 for $30. its on 2 sheets of 6mm.

My version of the milled Index3 is $50 for depron only and $70 with the carbon bits. Its for pilots who want a precise flying indoor model. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1591771

For building tips and a look at the Extra 330 have a look here:-

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=143683

Happy building.
srl

Cool, I'll get the Extra for $30 (this on top of $20 for 2 peices of 6mm). easy. Can I transfer money though, got no cash this weekend.

thanks Steve Smile

I can highly recommend the depron extra as a fun machine to fly
I'm just putting together another one as my old one is getting a bit long in the tooth It's 3 years old and has flown countless missions.

I can also recommend HXT 900 servos they have lasted the distance very well and are excellent value !!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

http://youtu.be/SEWqpa17GdI

Here is the old one flying this afternoon

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

stephen cut me out an EXTRA 330 MATE . JUST LET ME KNOW HERE WHEN ITS DONE . no rush . it would be a good model for me to practice on .
if you could also recommend motor prop , battery and esc , i would appreciate , so i'll know what to order . you can just tell me this on pickup if you like . cheers . FRANK . DESAVU' I Bought an extra 300 off your father in 1996.

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

Hi all
Three to cut out so far. I'll have them ready for the weekend. Servos are cheap and strong htx900's.

A big prop 9 or 10x4 and a low kv motor work the best.
3 cell 1000 about right Jason?

srl

Yep I use a motor about 200W and 850-1100 KV try and find a light one with about that speck
3S 1000 or 3S 1300 and 25A ESC
I use a 12 X 6 GWS prop cut down a little to about 11" It was the best I could find after trying about 1 dozen different props.

If you make it as light as SRLs one you can use a lot less power as well mine is fairly heavily built by comparison. hopefuly the new one will be lighter

Going away at Easter, so won't be around till weekend after.

Cut one out today, I'll do another two when I get back from flying tomorrow.
Maybe this motor.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...ouse_.html

srl

on night shift this weekend . but i have the next 2 weeks off after monday , i'll pick it up when and where you want mate . over the next 2 weeks . cheers . frank .

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

hey stephen , when and where can i pick mine up mate . . cheers frank .

Hi Frank

We usually go flying tomorrow morning at about 10am with Claudio and Angus, if can't make it and wish to collect it before the weekend give me a ring on 0408474045 tomorrow. I live 10 minutes away at Winston Hills.

Stephen

i have visitors coming at 11am , but if i can pick it up tomorrow sometime i will , not sure if i can make the morning though ,throw it in the car just in case i can get there early . i'll call or text tomorrow and arrange to pick it up cheers .

hi guys . picked mine up today . to save any confusion the whole lot cutout is $30 . thats only $10 stephen is charging to cut out the templates .
bargain . i'll have to start thinking about the build now .

That's right $30 cut out on two sheets of 6mm Depron. I need to have a word with the marketing department as regards to the confusion.
And all my kits are brand new unlike Kierans sale.

Buy one of these and you too can fly like Jason!

I'm now working on updates. I can make a 1mm cut down the middle of the wing so one of these can go in vertical.http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__15387__Carbon_Strip_1x6x750mm_5pcs_set_.html

I'm also putting the rear servos back another 70mm. This will allow for bigger batteries and less chance of flex in the rear push rods.

What do you think Jason?

I think that's a great idea!! I like the carbon strip spar!! it will be lighter and just as stiff if, not stiffer Than the carbon tube I used in mine.

Putting the servos farther back is also top idea I think the the highest stressed point in this fuse, has a hole for a servo right in the middle of it, so shifting them back will help with the structure as well as the balance and the controll linkages. It's a win win win !!

I've learned the more from flying this little plane than any other. It's a really, really good plane to learn areobatics with for bunch of reasons.

It's such an easy plane to fly
It's eternally forgiving
It flies slowly
it can be flown anywhere, just about.
It has no nasty habbits at all.
It can handel a bit of breeze
It will fly well no matter how many times it's been hot melt glued back together, even if it's not perfictly straight.
It's simple
It's tough
It's inexpencive
It's easily put together
It's easily repaired.
Every thing is accessable and visable
It's easy to move the C of G just shift the pack on the velcro and its done.

I just found this thread for the Extra on RCGroups. Its a lot of reading.

srl

never had a depron model before . how to people decorate them , decals or paint ?

I've used Iron on film you just have to be careful about the Temp.
It also adds a bit of extra strength if use thaughtfully

hmmmmm ok so i have the frame . hxt900 servos on order ,
thought i try this esc , seems like a beauty imo . http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...oduct=9483
and this motor i think will be plenty . http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...duct=14737.
and 2 selections of prop . http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...duct=22452. or http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...duct=22456
i also have a prop saver on order .
i now have to think about the build and decals or paint . but i was really surprised that the $9.99 regestered airmail postage says expect up to 45 days for delivery , i ordered nothing on backorder as i have been caught out before ,infact ordered something 7 weeks ago via express postage HK AND IT IS STILL ON BACKORDER , HOLDING UP THE WHOLE ORDER . SO FAR I HAVENT BEEN ABLE TO GET MY ORDERING RIGHT . , waiting weeks and weeks sux , especially when it can al go down in seconds .!!!!!

That motor looks just the ticket !!
The ESC looks good too
I use these props and cut them down to about 11X6 I've tried quite a few and found that worked best. best compromise between thrust, speed, and torque reaction. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store..._set_.html

If your ordering some props can you please put some of these on the order for me and I'll fix you up for them when I see you next

ive already ordered mate , but your welcome to have a couple of the props i have for free if you want to try them . 11x4.7 or 12x4.5 flouro green once they arrive .
i now have 3 orders on the way , and a transmitter in limbo at OMP AT THE MOMENT , i was interveiewed and scrutinised by the wife this morning , as our dishwasher has been broken for 5 weeks . its never nice when the misses talks to me with her arms folded . LOL . :-/

You should have told her that it needs a new 2000W out runner and and a 100A ESC and it would be probably be OK Smile

Mate I've been stocking up on brownie points this weekend, Got all the fire wood cut and stacked for winter and a fence around the combustion stove and wood box installed to keep little fingers out.

Here is another link to the 50mm wide fiber tape I use for hinges

http://wowings.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=29

I havn't tried the 20mm tape from HK but it's got to be lighter 'cause it's thinner Smile

Having tape hinges adds some stiffness to the wing as well

they have some at supercheap autos , but it isnt cross weaved . so i guess it depends how it is put on . it only has fibre down the length of it , so if you put it on sideways it would be useless . i still might get it and put it on in strips from wing to aileron . is that the way , or should it be laid across the whole hinge ?
i can see by jasons photo the way it is done , i used to buy wing sealing tape to cover the gap , so i think the whole length is probably the way to go , i bought a cheap dremel today to cut the slot for the spar , $39 bucks at bunnings buys a real barigain OZITO . brand .
have to find this tape and some carbon strip/tube , as i didnt order it through HK as its on back order and i'd like the plane in the sky before 2013 . OMP finally after 2 weeks of ignorance and a brief statement of the DX6i showing LOW RF OUTPUT , are getting the tech back from holidays tomorrow . HK wattmeter still on backorder after 7 weeks , if i'm lucky i night just start getting some feedback on all of my orders and tx faults etc in time for me to go back to work after my 2 weeks off . BUT WHOS COMPLAINING , It's not like i cant just walk into a hobby shop and buy the stuff . ohhh wait , they dont have any stock either !!!!!

(17-04-2012, 05:37 PM)srl Wrote:  Just seen this on Hobby King. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...50mtr.html

Frank, I keep a roll of this in my flight box that you're welcome to next time we're at the field. I've also got some wider 50mm Tesa tape if you're ever around my way...

<table width="100%" border="0"><tr>
<td>
<span title="No longer arboreally challenged!">Parkzone Stinson SR-10 </span>
Extra-300S EPP
<del>F-18 Blue Angels 64mm EDF</del>
<span title="Why won't it die?!">HK Mini Cessna EPO</span>
Spektrum DX6i - Mode 1</td>
<td valign=top>
Parkzone T-28 Ultra Micro
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
"2x6" basla/ply kit built glider
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
Skyartec Cessna 182 (small UAV)
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
<span title="2nd-hand; rebuild on-hold">"BigBoy" Hugin (biggest UAV)</span>
<span title="For invading small countries">X-8 flying wing</span></td>
</tr></table>

(17-04-2012, 08:23 PM)Claudius Wrote:  
(17-04-2012, 05:37 PM)srl Wrote:  Just seen this on Hobby King. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...50mtr.html

Frank, I keep a roll of this in my flight box that you're welcome to next time we're at the field. I've also got some wider 50mm Tesa tape if you're ever around my way...

your too kind claudio . ta . ill see how i go , but may use it if i run into you soon . ta .

Frank, I've got a spare piece of carbon tube it you want to drop by and pick it up one afternoon that'll get you under way with the wing spar.

cheers