Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Depron for sale

(27-07-2013, 09:58 PM)srl Wrote:  I've put together a list of Hobby king gear for the 6mm Depron Extra build here-
http://srlfoamies.com/?cat=32

Any thing I need to add?

srl

Steve you could add links to the ESC and the Lipos that you're using

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

I've started building my second Extra and the 6x1 carbon spar works well and is very light.
I will put a HK order in to get some more.    
srl

Had searched this complete thread for COG measurement & couldn't locate it. I followed the 30% rule from the leading edge (7.5cm) to get the battery in place. I was looking on RC groups for colour scheme ideas when I noticed somebody suggest 2.5cm, that equates to 10%. I have checked my Eflite Extra 300 3D indoor flier & COG marking is sitting at approx 30% and flies stable. Can someone clear this up for me please?

To be honest it will fly with the Cof G up to about 50% but not very nicely that far back.

I fly mine with it on or just ahead of the spar say between the wing spar and 10mm forward of the wing spar. I use a longish strip of velcro to hold my lipos on that way I can move it forward and aft as I like. If it's quite gusty I find it helpfull to move it even further forward.

You'll love it !!

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

use the old 28% rule dude . round off to 30 . . i just smashed a foamy because i was cheating flying it at 50% . but it flew like a dog . never mind . bit of glue will fix .

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

Thanks guys, is ready for flight on Saturday. COG set at 30%. Placed my battery in the same position as SRL, very secure but not as mobile for changing COG. Sits sideways passing through the horisontal frame in front of the aileron servo. Shoddy paint job, hand painted on top but will serve well for orientation.

I've been busy today cutting Extras and flying. I will bring two more down tomorrow Sunday lunch time if anyone is interested.

Price is $35 for depron sheets and carbon strips-rod.

srl