Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Depron for sale

Stephen, I slept in today, I'll be down Sunday if you are there too....

No problem.
I'm busy with church in the morning, I can call in about 12.30-1pm for a quick fly.

I forgot to charge my TX and only got 1 fly this morning. It was quite busy.

srl
SRLFoamies.com

no prob sounds good. Smile

G'day SRL,
Here's a link to where you can still get those outrunners motors with the 8mm shaft,
I would have emailed you but my modem at home has gone Phuuuuut and I'm having to use another PC

http://www.leaderhobby.com/product.asp?ID=9394001224151 600KV version (5055)

http://www.leaderhobby.com/product.asp?ID=9394001224150 400KV version (5055)

http://www.leaderhobby.com/product.asp?ID=9394001224154 (5065) 400KV

I'm prety sure they are the same motor just badged dirrerently

Hope this helps

Jason

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

started the build today , couple of pics of the progress . its coming up good .

at this stage motor and servos are fitted . yet to decide where the battery and esc is going to go and how to fit them , then i'll be fitting the rudder and control horns and roads . undecided what to paint on the bottom if at all .
thank for the odds and ends i needed to complete the get the build started secantogive . and SRL . niiiiiceeely manufactured !!!!!!! its got a 900kv 200 watt motor . will have 11x4.7 slow fly flouro green prop , a 30 amp esc . i have a park flyer receiver suitable for this , but if the club insists , i can fit an orange 710 + satellite . it will be 3s 1300mah .
any pics or ideas on the best positions for battery esc etc . post em up boys .

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

Looking good, !!!

What paint did you end up using and how did you put it on?

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Modelshop acrylic spray paint 100ml $12x2 and i applied it by masking and spaying . When parts are scarce you kinda learn to buy whats avail when it is . Then you look for other stuff thats not on stock and then you finally grB what you can and yhen you remember something you didnt think of .

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

well its 99.5 % finished .
coming up nicely .
heres a few pics of how 'ive set it up .
ive put a light strip of pine along the bottom , and i litght strip of balsa along the top edge for landing both right way and upside down . i re enforced the wing tips elevon and rudder with fibre tape , and most edges with hot melt glue , that stiffened the fuse , but there was too much flex on the top, so i cut some balsa strips and angled them with hot melt onto the wing and elevon . . i'm pretty happy with it , at 3/4 throttle this will lift off verticle with the 11x4.7 slow fly e prop. i also fitted a prop saver , it has some really good throws , so i factored in 40% expo . the dual rates are down to 60% with 20% expo for more sport like flying , i've loved building this plane . , i'm not overly impressed with the way i hinged it with tape , there is a little verticle movement on the control serfuces , however thats probably a little podantic with this foamy , i'd like to mount the battery a little better , i put heavy felt velcro , instead of light felt belcro which allows the battery to float around a little .

still having the flashing on the orange receiver . HOWEVER , I TRIED something , i turned on the TX 1ST AS YOU DO , BUT LEFT THE THROTTLE UP , when i plugged in the battery on the plane , it went trhough a sequence of beeps for about 5 minutes , then finally a solid light on the receiver , but no throttle . i turned off the tx and back on again , and the receiver was solid with everything working . . after turning unpluging the battery pack turning off the tx and replugging the pack and then turning on the tx again . its working but the flashing is back , it also goes crazy when i use elevator and rudder at the same time the receiver becomes intermittant then . so i dont know whats happening there . ill need to fire up the cessna and see if it happens on another setup .
however back on topic . loving this plane , and it will be ready soon .

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

all good to go. changed the esc with another newbie 35 amp , bit of overkill 20 amp wouldve been fne .
on 3s it pulls 197 watts max static with a 12x4.5 sf prop just over 18 amps .
the motor got too hot to touch though after 90 seconds , but that will be fine in the air , the 10x 4.7 sf prop pulled 14 amp 166 watts max static . it's a 200w motor 900kv. needless to say the esc stays cold . ive got a spektrum 6200receiver and satellite . as tho orange 7ch + satelite is very heavy and big , but after all the trouble ive had , each of my 3 models have receiver and satellites installed now . really looking forward to see how this bird goes , one thing i know is the hand launch will just be let it go .

srl . this is a great model mate , I'M FLYING SOLO ON THIS ive had about 20 flights so far , and its great for learning , very similar to the yak 30 on pheonix . or yak54 .

I knew you'd love it !!
You can learn a lot from flying these machines !!

Still haven't got mine. Can I pick it up from somewhere?

Glad your enjoying it Frank. The Idea for me to cut them out is really Jasons.

I have one ready the same as Frank's. Just give me a call Arron on 0408474045. Same price $30.

I also have some (4)sheets of hard to get EPP for sale. 600mm x900 $20 each.

I can sell the plane too , its good for back yard flying. $50 no Rx
srl

I

it went down this morning 10 seconds after take off , full on vertical nose dive at about 1/2 throttle after a wrong move by me . cold thumbs , ( remember to climb on take off ) till your thumbs warm up till you get your sticks . anyhow testament to the way i built it , the 4mm by 4mm pine spar along the bottom which broke on impact ,, the nose got compressed also and a few bits of depron broke off . . as i had 3 batteries charged and only 10 secongs of flying . home i went , hotmelt glue gun and heat gun out . i was able to heat the depron carefully and quickly and just straighten it all out , as it cools it sets , glue up the cracks , a little re inforcement beeding where it compressed , and wallah !!! 30 minutes later flying again , needed one click of aileron trimming , and the 10 feet inspection one would never know it went down .

there ya go , highly recommend this plane , for cost , build , flying , and repairing . .

My one has had twenty, five minuet flights, allready this week (since Monday)
will do another 5 tomorrow morning if the weather's permitting. It's the usual morning ritual

The plane is nearly 3 years old and flys every weekday morning and at lunch time as well if the air's still enough,

(24-05-2012, 02:58 PM)secant0give Wrote:  My one has had twenty, five minuet flights, allready this week (since Monday)
will do another 5 tomorrow morning if the weather's permitting. It's the usual morning ritual

The plane is nearly 3 years old and flys every weekday morning and at lunch time as well if the air's still enough,

hahahah . i hear ya . it is a good daily appetiser for flying

Steve
How thick are the sheets of EPP?

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

Sorry I forgot the important bit. 10mm

The plane is made from the same sheet. It used to go to the big Hstore indoors so it has a few bites out of it.

srl

So nearly finished my 'SRL Extra', rudder and elevator are hooked up just ailerons and motor mount to go, will post pictures, sorry in advance for colour shceme, I know samste won't mind (choice of colours that is...)

....yes I'm posting 'cause I want everyone to see my new Avatar..... :-P

Say G'day to Davros for me Wink

(02-08-2012, 09:23 PM)Panspermian Wrote:  So nearly finished my 'SRL Extra', rudder and elevator are hooked up just ailerons and motor mount to go, will post pictures, sorry in advance for colour shceme, I know samste won't mind (choice of colours that is...)

....yes I'm posting 'cause I want everyone to see my new Avatar..... :-P

Ity's lookin' good !!
you'll love the way it flies !!

The Extra, not the Darlek I mean Wink

they are a great plane to fly . i dont regret mine at all

Question while this thread is open - are these still available? And if so can I order one?

I have one cut out. With carbon spar and push rod material. $35.
I'm now working so I can bring it to the flying field on the weekend.
I can always cut more if anyone is interested.
srl

Sold - although I am unlikely to be at the field this weekend. If it suits you though, I can pick up out of hours?

Wrapped and ready. You can contact me before 8pm any night on 0408474045.

srl

Just getting this thread going again. The good news is that hobby king now have carbon fiber at the Aust warehouse.
Bad news is that the 6mm strip is on back order.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...ouse_.html
The other 1 and 2mm rod lengths are good for push rods.
For the extra 330 build see this:- http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_365598...tm#5993833
And here - http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=373243
srl

I reckon these machines are a must for learning to fly 3D
I've got one in flying order and one ready to put together.

They don't take much time or cost very much to build either and they will do it all.

Gotta love em !!

Here's my current one flying before work one morning

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pjwzGn9He4

I've put together a list of Hobby king gear for the 6mm Depron Extra build here-
http://srlfoamies.com/?cat=32

Any thing I need to add?

srl

Steve
I would like to get one of your famous depron foamies off you, but don't go to any trouble, next time you are cutting out a few I would love one ... thanks
Gazz

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!