Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Wanted dx7 or dx6

If anyone is thinking of Upgrading and selling there old Dx7 or Dx6 in the near Future let me know what you are thinking of selling it for cost wise.
As i'm after a second Tx for my son.

Mode 1

Steve

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Give him yours and get a DX8! You know you wanna!!!!

The DX8 at $400 through Hills Hobbies isn't a bad buy.....

(19-03-2012, 02:55 PM)corsair_pilot Wrote:  The DX8 at $400 through Hills Hobbies isn't a bad buy.....

Yeh I know, its not a bad price for Dx8

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

(20-03-2012, 08:32 PM)samste Wrote:  
(19-03-2012, 02:55 PM)corsair_pilot Wrote:  The DX8 at $400 through Hills Hobbies isn't a bad buy.....

If you still think so, you better get in fairly quick. I got layby on one today, and that put down their stock to 5 or so. They said when they run out, back to $499.

Just saying what they said. (Or get one from modelflight for $499 with 2 extra free Rx's)

(20-03-2012, 09:11 PM)BenR Wrote:  

If you still think so, you better get in fairly quick. I got layby on one today, and that put down their stock to 5 or so. They said when they run out, back to $499.

Just saying what they said. (Or get one from modelflight for $499 with 2 extra free Rx's)

so model flight are doing them with whats in the box , + 2 extra rx's ?? how did you find that out , there is nothing on thier site .
i better give hobbies in the hills a ring that $399 is a great deal

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

(12-04-2012, 11:49 PM)wingtipper Wrote:  
(20-03-2012, 09:11 PM)BenR Wrote:  

so model flight are doing them with whats in the box , + 2 extra rx's ?? how did you find that out , there is nothing on thier site .
i better give hobbies in the hills a ring that $399 is a great deal

For Model Flight - http://www.modelflight.com.au/products/S...85-15.html

If you read the page, they have listed:

SPECIAL!! FREE AR6210 and AR6115e for a limited time only
(snip a bit)
Includes TM1000 Full Range Telemetry Module providing real-time Flight Log data, receiver voltage, flight pack voltage, RPM and temperature
Includes AR8000 8-channel High-Speed Receiver

thanks ben .
i spoke to OMP TODAY , looks like the tests they have performed on my DX6i is showing LOW RF OUTPUT . they are performing advanced testing now , and will get a senior technician to decide what to do with it .

i really hate to be a stick in the mud , and perhaps being bitten am a little worried about safety now .
but have a look at what i came across regarding the DX8 .
I'M STILL THINKING OF BUYING ONE THOUGH , BUT AM STARTING TO BE COME A SKEPTIC .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1UvK3gMKfY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&NR=1&v=BXcJJfYGAlk

SORRY TO BE OFF TOPIC SAMSTE . but if the dx6i gets repaired or replaced with papers to prove i might sell it .

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

I guess this is why the FRSky 2.4 system is the system of choice for low budget FPV flyers, they are getting 7 to 10 thousand feet straight out of the box and the recievers with telemetry are only around $25
How can you beat that ??? They are HV recievers which is handy too.
They are MAAA approved units as well
Never had a drama with any of mine and I run two sets, Gotta love em. Smile

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

thats so true . but you dont buy 2nd hand . i am reluctant to buy 2nd hand now . you forked out for a new radio , and also converted an old radio that you bought new . knowing its history .

what i find interesting about the DX8 in the video is the guy comments on the hardware specification being reduced from the dx7 , therefore reducing its output strength , i cant believe a manufacturer would do that in a next model up radio . when you buy a better spect up radio you dont expect lesser hardware . its kind of fraudulant .

how much am i looking at to get a new FRSKY TX ????

Lol
My Wanted Thread has been Hyjacked, I don't want to Buy one from a shop i want one Cheap Second Hand unit or a Freebie if someone is rich enough Biggrin

Steve Smile

When are those video's dated? The DX8 is firmware upgradeable and its entirely conceivable that the problems have since been fixed. I can also see a case for a manufacturer to reduce power output if it meant a better SnR within operation ranges.

In terms of going FRSky, you'll need to find a computer radio that is module based or be prepared to hack one apart. The Turnigy9x is a good candidate if you can find one in stock and very affordable. They also just announced a greatly upgraded Turnigy9xR for much later this year.

P.S

Stephen, Buy yourself a DX8!!!!
You know you wannna!