Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

what is this?

sorry for my newbie questions. I have inherited this multiplex easystar and was wondering what this device was at the tail end. It wires directly to the battery terminals and has no physical contact whatsoever to the elevator controls..

It is not a receiver as i dont see any antenna wires.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Looks a bit like one of those low-battery alarms.

Steve Murray

(09-03-2012, 09:19 PM)yarrumevets Wrote:  Looks a bit like one of those low-battery alarms.

ok thanks thats what it is.. (it beeps when connected).

I have inherited this easystar from a friend. I have flown it before but today It refuses to bind to my DX6i. I have tried holding down the trainer switch whilst turning on the transmitter but no luck. The display shows easystar but I have no control. There is a motor cut off switch (atleast thats what i think it is) which when pressed gives one red and one blue light sometimes and a solid blue light as well.

Where and what should i be looking for. Clear days ahead and looking forward to some flying.

I've got to ask the obvious - sorry if it seems insulting, but you have inserted a bind-plug into the receiver before attempting to bind, haven't you?

Don't know what your red and blue lights are about ... I haven't owned an EasyStar, so I'd only be guessing.

Steve Murray

(09-03-2012, 09:42 PM)yarrumevets Wrote:  I've got to ask the obvious - sorry if it seems insulting, but you have inserted a bind-plug into the receiver before attempting to bind, haven't you?

Don't know what your red and blue lights are about ... I haven't owned an EasyStar, so I'd only be guessing.

No I cannot find the bind plug. Looks like I will have to make one. I am pretty sure the last time I did not have to do this.

(09-03-2012, 09:42 PM)yarrumevets Wrote:  I've got to ask the obvious - sorry if it seems insulting, but you have inserted a bind-plug into the receiver before attempting to bind, haven't you?

Ok eventually this is how I got it to bind:

The binding plug did not help. I put the throttle plug in the bind/batt socket. Switched on the transmitter whilst holding the "Trainer" switch. Once bound I put the throttle plug back to the throttle socket.

The throttle cut off switch I figured needs to show solid red so the throttle is armed. I do not know why it has blue lights as well. Perhaps it is a way to program the ESC.

OK - good luck with it all then.

Steve Murray