Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Can you remember this?...

Here's a trip down memory lane for those of you who are old enough!

It estimates that the catalogue was dated mid-1960's but I can remember spending hours reading and re-reading this during the early 1970's. I always wanted the Kittyhawk, but never actually got one. A couple of my mates had a few of them - the Kittyhawk, Spitfire, Warhawk and Taipan.

I love the way the word "scale" keeps popping up Wink

Enjoy ...

Steve Murray

Sorry Steve the link didn't work on my Mac. Maybe it's TOOOO old. Smile

3 Useless things for a Pilot:
Air above you, Air in the tanks, Runway behind you.

EFLIGHT Blade 400, Inside a Jet Ranger Fuse
HK 500GT, Inside an EC-135 Fuse
ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

(15-02-2012, 05:18 PM)brotherblonde Wrote:  Sorry Steve the link didn't work on my Mac. Maybe it's TOOOO old. Smile

Hi Steve. Memory lane allright. I still have a Satan, Taipan and a Hustler. Wonder if that dope is still available. Great stuff.

(15-02-2012, 05:18 PM)brotherblonde Wrote:  Sorry Steve the link didn't work on my Mac. Maybe it's TOOOO old. Smile

+1 for the Mac users. Didn't work for me either.

Brings back some child hood memorys of my brother and I when i was 8 and we spent all day getting the motor started for 3 min of control line flight.

Steve

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

I've used the editor to paste the link address into the post this time - maybe that helps?
Otherwise, I dunno - seems to work for Linux (Firefox) and Windoze ...

Steve Murray

Nope.

(15-02-2012, 08:35 PM)Panspermian Wrote:  Nope.

"Nope" can't remember it, or "Nope" can't load the hyperlink?

Steve Murray

doesnt work for me . windows 7 , firefox.

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

Nope too drunk...

;-)

Oh yeah... sorry, it didn't work.

OK, well I'm buggered if I know what was going on - I decided to borrow the images to make it simple.

Steve Murray

Thanks for the images Steve.
The unfortunate thing now is....I DO remember them....all! AND....I used to fly some of them. Yup, mid 70's it was. Frown Frown That makes me feel REAL old now..Thanks.

3 Useless things for a Pilot:
Air above you, Air in the tanks, Runway behind you.

EFLIGHT Blade 400, Inside a Jet Ranger Fuse
HK 500GT, Inside an EC-135 Fuse
ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

Works fine for me (Firefox and Window 7 64bit Ultimate)

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Scratchbuilt F14 Tomcat(Pukin Dogs)
Vector X
Eflite F86 Sabre(Taz Tiger)
Qantas Airbus A380(Nancy-Bird Walton)
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
VQ Models P61 Night Fighter
CY Models FW190

When I was a kid my dad made me a piper pawnee rubber band powered aeroplane. We still lived in Burwood at that time so my guess is I would have been around 7-8yrs old...., then we moved to Castle Hill around mid '88-'89..... at that time I made a lot of planes myself, recycling parts from kits of the time. There was actually a really cool WW2 foam rubber band kit at that time and it was really powerful when transplanted to home builds.... (a friends Dad actually collected and painted these planes.....(NERD)) !!

I actually bought the Nimbus and the Cirrus, the Nimbus destroyed itself on its first and only take off, the bungee dragged it into the ground at about 1000mph (well thats what it seemed like)
The Cirrus was a huge success, for memory I had at least 5 or 6 good flights with it before it just flew away, I remember my brother and I chased it across the valley, there was no option but we had to call it a day when it crossed the river and floated over the horizon at well over 500ft ... I think I cried! That was the extent of my modelling foray as a child.

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

I got me the Nimbus too around 1975. It looked so cool and I was so impressed with my new balsa skills that I must have admired the bare frame for days.

I had it with me on the lounge. My younger sister came out of nowhere with a pillow and threw at me (and the Nimbus). Cruncho. It never flew.

Give it another 20 years or so, and these designs will be the "Old Timers" of the day - they'd be beautifully retro even now.
I'd love to get the "War Hawk" and build it for RC with a G35 in the front ... with its "scale" looks Wink

Steve Murray

link works for me on mac and they are beauties but waaay b4 my time Smile

did they do control line edf ... :P

Jet Teng BAE Hawk 2010 Demo Team
Sapac Blue Arrows Hawk
ESM Texan II / 35cc Gasser
PRO-EDF Composite F16
HK 450 Heli
Seagull PC-9
Parkzone Habu
Falcon 120 (Prepping for Kingtech K100 turbine )
Spektrum DX6i