Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

PRCAC Rare Bear racing Team?

woohooo . i'm there . worst case scenario is im working friday night shift .

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

Pylon this weekend at Pittown, who's going?

We need people to fly their fun fighters , help run the event and be in the blue shirt cheer squad.
Lunch is on Sunday for a small fee.

srl

I'll be there !!

Looks like the weather's going to be good too !!

As SRL says come along and support our guys and wave the PRCAC flag !!

It’ll be a great day of flying, fantastic fun and super spectacular to watch.

There are always, very nice racing machines to have a look at, Both on the ground and doing some of the fastest low flying you’ll ever see!!

Everyone from the NSW Pylon Association is very friendly and happy to get people involved, If not flying then in helping run the show.

It’s a great opportunity to see and be involved in a totally different, exciting and fascinating facet of our hobby.

Out of all the types of RC flying competitions pylon is undoubtedly the best to watch and being at Pitt Town this time it’s not far to travel

Practice is on Saturday afternoon and Racing on Sunday starting with registration and pilots briefing around 8:30 am Sunday.

Please post up if your coming you might be able to get a lift with someone else who is going.

Directions to the field are as follows:
Pitt Town Bottoms Road.
From the intersection of Windsor Road and Pitt Town Road, head east'ish towards Pitt Town. 2.5km turn Left onto Pitt Town Bottoms Road. About 2.5km field is on the right.
S33.59 E150.84 roughly.
See you there !!

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Slightly off-topic perhaps, but has anyone in the racing team tested out the HK Doppler App yet?
I've downloaded and installed the thing, but forgot to go to the pilot's box last Saturday and take some recordings. I'm wondering whether the estimates it comes up with correlate well with other speed-measuring techniques.

http://hkdoppler.com/

Steve Murray

(01-08-2013, 10:21 AM)smuzz Wrote:  Slightly off-topic perhaps, but has anyone in the racing team tested out the HK Doppler App yet?
I've downloaded and installed the thing, but forgot to go to the pilot's box last Saturday and take some recordings. I'm wondering whether the estimates it comes up with correlate well with other speed-measuring techniques.

http://hkdoppler.com/

G'day Steve I have it on my phone and it does work quite well but not very well at McCoy field. I think this is because of the echo you get off the buildings I think that upsets it. I have managed to get a few readings standing in the pilots box and as long as the plane is reasonably loud and as long at it passes close by, you might get a good reading. You have to adjust the settings according to what you want to measure as well.
I have used it to measure the speed of some planes on youtube. If you find one where they are using a radar gun to measure the speed of a plane and turn your speakers up a bit it will measure pretty close, with in about 5%

Come allong to Pitt Town and try it out.
There will be plenty of fast planes and there are no buildings to cause echos

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

(01-08-2013, 10:50 AM)secant0give Wrote:  I have used it to measure the speed of some planes on youtube. If you find one where they are using a radar gun to measure the speed of a plane and turn your speakers up a bit it will measure pretty close, with in about 5%

Come allong to Pitt Town and try it out.
There will be plenty of fast planes and there are no buildings to cause echos

Cheers Jason - the YouTube test is a very clever idea - good thinking mate!

I doubt I'll be getting to Pitt Town this time around but in a month or so I should be right. Meanwhile, you fly the PRCAC flag for us all Smile

Steve Murray

I'LL BE THERE . AND I'LL BE THERE TO WIN .!!! IN MY BLUE PRCAC SHIRT . all i have to do is make sure srl is on alternate races . CLAUDIO AND JASON i probably already have them in the bag .

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

What a sensational Day's racing !!
Couldn't have asked for much better

The PRCAC guys managed to give a good account of our selves
With Claudio, I think, taking out second in EF1 which might easily have been 1st if the Lipo in his pogo made the full ten laps in the last heat.

SRL came either second or 3rd in Q-500 which put PRCAC amongst the places once again,
WELL DONE STEVE !!

Yours truly was very pleased to be placed 4th behind Steve Hasset Tony Jones and SRL also in Q-500

If wingtipper was able to come along we might have got 3 of the top 5 places Wink

There was lots to see and some great and very spectacular flying was done.

Steve Hasset flew like a man possessed and really did deserve to win Q-500

The races between SRL, Ian L, Micheal T and John L, Were some of the best I've seen.
Fantastic flying and really close, I whish I had videoed some of it but I couldn't as I was calling for Ian.

well done guys . i had a very difficult 3 days at work and was truly stuffed and needed to recover over the weekend . to top it all off i didnt know it was my daughters birthday party on sunday
sounds like yous did real well . congrats .

(04-08-2013, 11:20 PM)secant0give Wrote:  What a sensational Day's racing !!
Couldn't have asked for much better

The PRCAC guys managed to give a good account of our selves
With Claudio, I think, taking out second in EF1 which might easily have been 1st if the Lipo in his pogo made the full ten laps in the last heat.

SRL came either second or 3rd in Q-500 which put PRCAC amongst the places once again,
WELL DONE STEVE !!

Yours truly was very pleased to be placed 4th behind Steve Hasset Tony Jones and SRL also in Q-500

If wingtipper was able to come along we might have got 3 of the top 5 places Wink

There was lots to see and some great and very spectacular flying was done.

Steve Hasset flew like a man possessed and really did deserve to win Q-500

The races between SRL, Ian L, Micheal T and John L, Were some of the best I've seen.
Fantastic flying and really close, I whish I had videoed some of it but I couldn't as I was calling for Ian.

hi mate , not knowing what these classes are woujld you be able to explain and post links of the type of planes flown in these classes , and what the class means .
cheers

(05-08-2013, 12:22 PM)wingtipper Wrote:  
(04-08-2013, 11:20 PM)secant0give Wrote:  

hi mate , not knowing what these classes are woujld you be able to explain and post links of the type of planes flown in these classes , and what the class means .
cheers

EF1 = electric formular 1 They are scale models of Reno style formular 1 racers. The class is closly regulated to keep the models similar in performance. The motors that are allowed are almost the same, they use exactly the same prop, an 8X8 APC and they are limited to 4s with a maximum weight of battery that can be carried. The models approved for EF1 are mostly ARFs like The shoestring and Pogo by Eflight and the proud bird by great planes. There's another one by hanger 9 and soon to be another, the Invictus from HK.

Here's a Pic of James's EF1 from Sunday it's a Proud Bird.

Q-500 or Quickie 500 is a closely governed class with the idea of keeping the planes cheap and all very similar in performance
So it’s a test of skill rather than a test of planes. The 500 comes from a 500 square inch wing area rule. The wing has a rectangular plan-form and is basically a plank spanning 50inches with a 10 inch cord. There is a minimum airfoil thickness as well. The engines must be stock standard .46 s Mostly “Thunder tiger pro 46’s” The air frames are often V tails but don’t have to be. often they are Great planes Vipers but there are a few other ARFs and there are a few scratch built models as well.

Here’s a pic of my pair of Q-500s (Great Planes Vipers) and below is SRL putting together his very nice, Scratch built pair of Q-500s ready for a days racing.

F-400 is the Australian version of Q40 I don't know much about this class only that they go very fast use no nitro, have no throttle just a fuel shut off to stop the engine and then you dead stick them in. They are pretty much all composite airframes. It's a much more demanding class to race, in terms of both pilot skill and cost. It is spectacular to watch!!

Here's Jag with his F-400, It goes pretty hard !! Times in the low 70 seconds for the 10 laps are comon. Compare this to good Q-500 time of 110 seconds and you get an idea of the difference in speed between the two classes

F3D is the fastest IC class these things really move and it's the next step up after F-400. In F3D the models are allowed to use tune pipes and they are extra lowd, the engines are also 40s but the produce heaps more power than the F-400s

F5D is the fastest electric class and their times are similar to those of F3D in the low or mid 50 seconds but the airframes are much lighter they have a wing loading and a max weight rule and a 1000 Watt minute power limit. They, like F3D and Q40 are increadibly AWOME to watch. You'll never forget the first time you see one fly !!

There is FFC class which stands for Fun fighter class. Any plane from the HK Fun Fighter series is elagable to fly in this one. But the RareBear is the most popular for some very good reasons. To my knowlage no other type has won a day yet. But it could happen I guess. This is the cheapest class but not the easiest to fly. They are limited to 4S lipos and a 5X5 APC prop or the original prop that it comes with and the airframes must be stock.

There are other classes but they are not being run at the moment due to lack of partisipants

You can find out much much more about current classes and the old classes by going to http://nswpylon.org/ and clicking on the rules link or other links. There are lots of links there, to all the class rules, course lay outs and even info on how to best set up a plane to fly pylon.

Hopefully I've got most of the above right Wink

How fast do they go ???

EF1 and FFC and Q-500 all go about 100 miles per hour or 150-160 kilometers per hour. F400s go close to 300 klometers per hour and F3D and F5D go well over 300. It's fast and furious stuff at any level and fantastic fun too!! Smile

thanks JASON . cheers .
EF1 I LIKE . I MIGHT HOLD OUT FOR AN INVICTUS . GOT ANY LINKS TO ALL OF THESE EF1 PLANES ? I LIKED WATCHING THE SHOESTRING FLY AT MAITLAND . but would like to see different planes in this class of ef1

Ef1 would be a good class to get into, there's not a lot of people flying it.
If you have everything prepared and be consistent it wouldn't be too difficult for a new comer to win an EF1 day.
The thing with EF1 models is, while you can land one at McCoy park, it takes some concentration and nerves of steel. These birds really have to be flown with respect especially when at low air speed. You can't just give them heaps of elevator in a low speed turn you've just got to keep every thing nice and smooth and not commit to landing until your approach is spot on. Just keep going round until it's right, cause you have to put then down nice and gently.

Heres's some links

HK Invictus
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11365526/tm.htm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFqcQgx-l78

Pogo from Eflight
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products/lr-...5e-EFL4200

Shoestring from Eflight
http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/Defaul...ID=EFL4205

Sundownder from Hanger 9
http://www.hangar-9.com/Products/Default...ID=HAN4520

Proud bird from Great planes
http://www.greatplanes.com/airplanes/gpma1260.html

Thunder chicken........ If you want to build from a kit. It's probably a very good machine and you could make it very light which means fast !!
http://www.matneymodels.com/vixen.html

(05-08-2013, 06:25 PM)wingtipper Wrote:  thanks JASON . cheers .
EF1 I LIKE . I MIGHT HOLD OUT FOR AN INVICTUS . GOT ANY LINKS TO ALL OF THESE EF1 PLANES ? I LIKED WATCHING THE SHOESTRING FLY AT MAITLAND . but would like to see different planes in this class of ef1

You'll have to be on the ball if you want to get an Invictus from the first batch. EF1 is quite big in the US and now they are flying it in Europe as well. I'll bet that as soon as they become available they will sell out and you'll be waiting for another batch from the factory. You've got to remember that most people who fly Pylon will order two planes (one as a spare) so it won't take long for them to go and who knows how long they will be on back order. I'm guessing they may only come out in the international warehouse as well. It's been a bit of a wait so far here's a thread on RC groups

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1806527&page=13

If I were going to get another one I'd probably get a proud bird. I liked the way James's one flew on Sunday and it seemed to have much better ground handeling charistics than the E flight models as the wheels are mounted from struts on the wings and a lot farther appart.

I'm pretty sure Micheal would have them in stock or they can be ordered from here

http://www.philshobbyshop.com/catalog/vi...u=GPMA1260&q=proud+bird+catid%3A1017+mfrid%3A226

Postage for a plane is usually 30-40 dollers from these people.

Here is the HK motor, It looks like they have fixed the insulation issue with it.

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__2..._930W.html

my observations suggest the pogo and the proud bird are more stable in flight being low wingers . however the shoestring , invictus and sundowner the faster planes . due to the mid wings .
i think my choice would be the sundowner ! because it seems to have the squarest inline leading edge on the wing profile . however very very similar to the shoestring if not the same .
the video would prompt me to fly the invictus over the others . but the proud bird definately the nicest looking and best inverted flyer .
i'll have to think a little more on this one .
ThumbupEf1 would be a good class to get into, there's not a lot of people flying it.
If you have everything prepared and be consistent it wouldn't be too difficult for a new comer to win an EF1 day.

erm !!!! what exactly are you saying here . Tounge

(06-08-2013, 12:02 PM)wingtipper Wrote:  
ThumbupEf1 would be a good class to get into, there's not a lot of people flying it.

erm !!!! what exactly are you saying here . Tounge

This is exactly why I got my shoestring. Being new to Pylon, I noticed early on that there were less people flying EF1 and if I flew in this class, I wouldn't have to compete against so many of the ACE pilots who nearly all fly Q-500. I realised that I could fly an EF1 at McCoy field for practice 'cause there are no noise issues with these. And with a bit of effort and a lot of stick time I felt sure I could do well. This is a logical approach, one I would normally take. However all that went right out of the window when I was calling for SRL at Richmond around this time last year. At the end of the race instead of doing his usual aerobatics at the edge of the horizon while the other planes finished, he handed me the TX and said take her for a quick fly while they finish and land.
I can tell you, at that point it must have been all over, because logic went right out the window, emotion took the upper hand, next thing I know, two thunder tiger 46's and two Viper airframes turn up in the post. I've been struggling to get stick time on them ever since Smile .........................Even so I wouldn't swap them for the world, they fly so nicely, nicer than a rarebear and they have a wonderful smell and sound. When they get near the end of their fuel, instead of slowly dying off like an electric machine, they lean out and go even harder which lets you know it's time to come down but strongly tempts you to fly longer.

They make an oily mess and they need to be carefully laid up soon after running. With an electric machine you just unplug the lipo and put it away. With the Q-500s it goes on and on, one step forgotten may reduce their reliability to the point of disaster or at best embarrassment. I fully drain the tanks and oil the engines thoroughly so they don't gum up or worse, rust the bearings while in storage. The Things vibrate like mad!! As you know a single cylinder engine can never be balanced 100% it's always a compromise and everything must be set up to take the punishment of that vibration. When we race I set the two planes up ready to go, both fuelled, both tuned, both test flown and trimmed before each race day starts. It takes more effort and commitment than an electric plane. I fuel up both planes, start and run the oil out of them with an old glow plug for about 1/3 of a tank, Then I change plugs and tune the engine with about 1/2 a tank of fuel that way it doesn't get too lean like it could if you started tuned with a full tank. (Bloody hell don't forget to fill then again either)
You need a spare plane to be ready to go straight away. No one is going to wait while you put a plane together and tune it, If you do this you'll miss a race and get a DNF and you don't want to start the next race with an out of trim or badly tuned plane. You may be calling for someone in the next heat so you can't let them down while you bugger around getting a spare ready. If I need the spare plane I want to just go and get it from the pits and it's ready to race fuel and all. That's all they will wait for!! Once I have to stress about things, my focus suffers, If I need a spare plane I'm probably already a little stressed. Did I mention the batteries ?? Q-500s need their batteries charged and checked before flying too and put at storage charge afterwards as well.

EF1 is definitely easier to do well, especially if you can focus on flying and not have to do all the rest of the IC engine management, maintenance, tuning, cleaning, fault finding etc. As anyone who has tinkered with glow plug engines will know, just getting things right on the ground can soak up a lot of mental energy, let alone the flying, which is always very intense.
You've got to bear in mind that you can't use the cranky glow engine's favourite pacifier, which is of course, "nitro methane". You must make it run reliable and hard on FAI fuel which is 4:1 methanol and Caster. This is not as easy to do, but.........................that's the rules Smile

Bloody Hell Jason.....
Youv'e sold me on EF1 mate.....
Those combustion engines just sound like WAY too much work for me.
If I take up racing.... or should I say WHEN I take up racing it will be with a FFC to get warmed up and then I will get myself an EF1 bird.
Drop that battery in there and give it your best shot, sounds good to me, there is just way to much going on in those other classes to make it enjoyable, and correct me if I'm wrong... but isn't that what it is all supposed to be about !!!

Now ... what size sundowner do I need for EF1

What airframes do the guys in F3D use?

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

Gazz,
The Sundowner that's legal for EF1 is this one from Hanger 9 It the "Sundowner 36 ARF"
It needs to have the right motor in it too below that is a list of approved motors

http://www.hangar-9.com/Products/Default...ID=HAN4520

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_104386...ntable.htm

here's another list It's updated from time to time as new suitable motors/kits and components become available they are added

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1417305&page=3

Here are the rules for EF1

http://www.nmpra.org/rules/EF1NewRules2_...5B1%5D.pdf

is it suposed to be fun ???

Gazz it's the most fun you can have standing up !!

I think your right, The simpler it is, the easier it is to enjoy it and it can still be very competitive especially in FFC. I guess the other classes do offer different things that's why there are the other classes. It is all great fun tho' and that's main thing !!

F3D is a really demanding class the engines are finicky and very specialised but they put out heaps of herb and they go quick!!
This video should give you an idea of what it's all about and why the MAAA put a few dollers into supporting Aussies in international competitions. It's a good watch !!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVwOVKcaoSE

Dammit Jason, let me get a shot at a win in EF1 first before you invite a horde in! Smile

<table width="100%" border="0"><tr>
<td>
<span title="No longer arboreally challenged!">Parkzone Stinson SR-10 </span>
Extra-300S EPP
<del>F-18 Blue Angels 64mm EDF</del>
<span title="Why won't it die?!">HK Mini Cessna EPO</span>
Spektrum DX6i - Mode 1</td>
<td valign=top>
Parkzone T-28 Ultra Micro
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
"2x6" basla/ply kit built glider
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
Skyartec Cessna 182 (small UAV)
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
<span title="2nd-hand; rebuild on-hold">"BigBoy" Hugin (biggest UAV)</span>
<span title="For invading small countries">X-8 flying wing</span></td>
</tr></table>

You don't have to worry about me Claudio, I can't even fly a plane at the moment mate, let alone build one.
Me thinks it will be after Christmas before I can fly anything that really boogies!

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

I Remember my Pogo on a low pass and it Ate dirt due to servo failure, But if flew very slick and fast, and the Turns where smooth.

Still have the power setup for it, just need a pogo arf, picture of my Pogo.
I remember got Steve Lang to hold it on Takeoff a few times as it was easy to torque roll.

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Hey Jason
I have had a very thourough look at all the specifications on both the Shoestring and the Sundowner. In your humble opinion which airframe do you think might have the edge and why?

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

(07-08-2013, 03:28 PM)gbanger Wrote:  Hey Jason
I have had a very thourough look at all the specifications on both the Shoestring and the Sundowner. In your humble opinion which airframe do you think might have the edge and why?

Its hard to say because I've never seen a sundowner in the flesh, the shoestring I own so I can tell you about that one.

The Sundowner looks like it has a better airfoil, the shoestring's wing has a very blunt leading edge. So the shoestring is probably dragier in that respect. However the Sundowner has a bigger wing so there will be a little more drag from that. weather one offsets the other I don't know ??

The Sundownder is heavier than the shoestring according to the specs. There is allways some lee way here too. But it has a bigger wing area. Probably not enough tho' because the specs say it's 3-4 oz per sq ft heaver as far as wing loading goes.

People say the Sundowner turns better than the Pogo but it's a little slower in a straight line. Pylon races are made of turns and straights the more accuritely you can turn, the straighter your straights will be (if that makes sence) I guess what I'm trying to say is if you don't have to go wide on the straights you'll fly a shorter distance. It's no good being 10% faster if you have to fly 15% further.

I recovered my shoestring and the covering I took off, like all eflight covering, is rather heavy. I removed the pilot, he weighed nearly 2 Oz I sacked him for being over weight, lucky is wasn't a woman that would be discrimination, So there is probably similar ways to remove some weight from the Sundowner.
I think I saved nearly 2 Oz with the covering as well. All up that's a 1/4 of a pound!! It was something like that as I remember Its probably in my shoestring build thread. There were other places on the fuse where it was over engineered and some weight could be removed as well, but I didn't go there.

You need light because lightness means faster acceleration out of the turns and less drag in the turns as well.

I think there was room for improvement in the shoestring. The aileron linkages are not parrellel to the airflow this will add extra drag, It can be fixed but you have to change the way the servos mount and use a ball link on the aileron horn. I havn't done this mod but I should have, I was in a hurry. Smile With the shoestring you need to toughen up the fire wall a bit, it's not that strong. The airfoil could have been better and the ground handeling could have been better as well. Having said that you don't taxi any of these planes the props are close to the ground and easily damaged.
When you land you run out and pick them up rather than taxi back if you want to keep your prop nice on the tips, which helps with speed Smile Where you want the ground handeling is in take off, to be able to take off fast and straight and the shoestring pulls hard to the left if you give it full peg before it gets up to flying speed. I don't know what the Sundowner does, perhaps it's similar, perhaps not as bad ??

To me the Proud Bird with it's bigger wing and lighter airframe gives it a lower wing loading than the other two, It's fuse looks better areodynamically as well. The fact that it's a low wing probably does make it a little more draggy but it looks like it has a nice airfoil. I wouldn't worry about the sweep back of the wings it doesn't make much difference to the way they fly. But the other nice feature is the wider track of the wheels which makes for better handeling on the ground and should be less draggy in the air as well, having shorter struts.

If I had to choose between a Shoestring and a Sundowner I'd probably go for a Sundowner more out of curiosity than anything else. But you didn't ask me that, you want to know which is the better plane. If you base your decision on speed I think the shoestring may be better because it's lighter and smaller but to get the best out of it it needs a bit of tinkering. You can take some weight off it with out changing it's structure and you can reduce it's drag by fixing the aileron linkages So perhaps the answer is that shoestring might be able to become a better plane. If I was to buy another EF1 tho' I'm pretty sure it would be a Proud Bird or perhaps an Invictus from HK but I like the quality of work that great planes do It's pretty nice!! The other thing is that the proud bird comes in plane white so you can add your own trim and make it easy for the cage to tell who you are.
I think the airframes are pretty closely matched tho' close enough that the better pilot will win rather than the better plane.

PS the hatch on the shoestring needs some tinkering as well it's a bit of a bugger and the battery compartement is tight too. I can show you a how I set mine up so I could get the lipos in and out relitivly easily, It took some figureing out Smile

(06-08-2013, 05:26 PM)gbanger Wrote:  Those combustion engines just sound like WAY too much work for me.

Right. When I got home from the event, I plopped the planes on the shelf, put the batteries on storage charge, and... oh, wait, that was it!

That said,
(06-08-2013, 05:26 PM)gbanger Wrote:  there is just way to much going on in those other classes to make it enjoyable, and correct me if I'm wrong... but isn't that what it is all supposed to be about !!!

I do see the attraction however. Flying a stock airframe is one thing. But getting the whole package down, from building to setup to tuning to piloting, there's just a lot more race craft involved. Though, unlike Jason, I've so far resisted SRLs attempts to take the post-race control of his Q500s Biggrin

In all seriousness, get yourself over to an event as soon as you're back in the air - Jason and I had a blast this weekend.

<table width="100%" border="0"><tr>
<td>
<span title="No longer arboreally challenged!">Parkzone Stinson SR-10 </span>
Extra-300S EPP
<del>F-18 Blue Angels 64mm EDF</del>
<span title="Why won't it die?!">HK Mini Cessna EPO</span>
Spektrum DX6i - Mode 1</td>
<td valign=top>
Parkzone T-28 Ultra Micro
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
"2x6" basla/ply kit built glider
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
Skyartec Cessna 182 (small UAV)
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
<span title="2nd-hand; rebuild on-hold">"BigBoy" Hugin (biggest UAV)</span>
<span title="For invading small countries">X-8 flying wing</span></td>
</tr></table>

Can any of you boffins tell me what class this sweet beastie fits into. If its an EF1 plane then everyone else is in serious trouble.
Its electric but I think its to small and to light for EF1.
I recon it would go like a shot dog.

http://www.espritmodel.com/trick-pylon-racer-arf.aspx

Pheonix Tiger 50
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

It won't be legal for EF1 because they have to be made of Balsa. The only things that can be composite on an EF1 are non structural items like cowls and canopies. This looks like an all composite machine.

I don't think it will fit into a class for racing here, probably make a good plane to practice with tho'.
It might fit a class they race over seas. There are a bunch of pylon racers that don't seem to fit any class. There are the 400 type machines like the Sokol, the Rifle, and a couple from HK as well but no one races them. That's why I reckon a modern much faster version of this class would be fun, to race the Dynamite in. There were 3 such models airworthy until Saturday Wink

Here are some real screamers F5D machines, It may take some practice to be able to keep one on the course tho Smile
http://www.skipmillermodels.com/Pylon_F5D_s/89.htm

here is another nice one
http://www.soaringusa.com/Swist-F5D.html

(07-08-2013, 08:12 PM)Claudius Wrote:  Though, unlike Jason, I've so far resisted SRLs attempts to take the post-race control of his Q500s

BWwwwwwwaaaaaaa Haaaaa Haaaa Haaaaaaa Smile

Claudio you'll never guess what turned up yesterday !!!!!! ????...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................A skywing Edge 540 just like the one you gave me a fly of the weekend before Smile

Still waiting on the motor tho' Smile

Here's some video of the last heat of this group, So for the guys racing in this group this would have been their last race of the day. Normally a mid-air means that there's a re-run but I thing they both excepted take an average time for that race. It was so close any way.

There is some really good flying here, the lead changes several times during the race and you see Tony J and Steve H Dycing more than once as they try to gain the lead. The other plane, the red one belongs to Peter V.

Steve's plane is the white one with white trim and Tony's has white wings and green fuse.

It's taken a little while to up load but it shouldn't be too long before it's available

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3dLaxtHmfs

the laugh at 1.43 . sensational

(07-08-2013, 08:25 AM)samste Wrote:  I Remember my Pogo on a low pass and it Ate dirt due to servo failure, But if flew very slick and fast, and the Turns where smooth.

Still have the power setup for it, just need a pogo arf, picture of my Pogo.
I remember got Steve Lang to hold it on Takeoff a few times as it was easy to torque roll.

Does this tempt you???
Model Flight Clearance Sale

Dynam Pitts 12 EPO
Eflite Advance 25e
HK P-51D Mustang
3D Reaktor
Pitts Python S12 EP 54inch EPO
Kinetic 800

Decathlon EP 62.6inch
Stinger 64 EDF
Spektrum DX6i (mode 1)