Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

PRCAC Rare Bear racing Team?

Hey SRL, Jason and I were talking last week about coming along on Sunday. Just reading through the thread now...

Jason, looks like a $15 entry fee, and you'll need to be there at 8:30am to register. Probably worth dropping BulletMaster a PM on rcgroups to pre-register too.

Sound right SRL? Anything else we should know? Is there a fee for visitors/casual flying afterwards?

<table width="100%" border="0"><tr>
<td>
<span title="No longer arboreally challenged!">Parkzone Stinson SR-10 </span>
Extra-300S EPP
<del>F-18 Blue Angels 64mm EDF</del>
<span title="Why won't it die?!">HK Mini Cessna EPO</span>
Spektrum DX6i - Mode 1</td>
<td valign=top>
Parkzone T-28 Ultra Micro
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
"2x6" basla/ply kit built glider
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
Skyartec Cessna 182 (small UAV)
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
<span title="2nd-hand; rebuild on-hold">"BigBoy" Hugin (biggest UAV)</span>
<span title="For invading small countries">X-8 flying wing</span></td>
</tr></table>

No fee for watching and we are always keen for a good crowd to help or watch.
Srl

(04-08-2012, 09:29 PM)srl Wrote:  No fee for watching and we are always keen for a good crowd to help or watch.
Bullet master has his radar gun out there today Steve.
Srl

Well Let me say that I had an absolutly AWSOME Days flying today !!
despite the wind and the cloudy sky!!

Claudio and I went out to the Pylon racing at Pit Town today. It was great fun, What a great bunch of guys and some very nice machines to have a close look at too. there was some great flying as well. Those pylon models are nothing short of spectacular to watch going around the course.

I was absolutly stoked to be involved as well, calling for SRL and taking a turn in the cage at Pylon 1. Seeing those machines come screaming past at scorching pase really gets the blood pumping. You certainly know your alive when 3 or 4 of them come howling by.

There was a good number of rare bears out there , I think everyone had one in just about any colour. It was very well organised and after flying in 5 heats with my rare bear I can totally recomend it as heart pounding adrenalin pumping action!! Great fun !!

Can't wait for next month at Richmond !! Don't miss out guys, Frank R and Samste Kizza Gazz try and get out there if you can and bring a rarebear you'll have a blast !!

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

I was just having morning tea here at work and thumbing through an old copy of Airbourne as I sometimes do, we have a fair pile of them here, when I saw this Pic. I had to post it.

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

I discovered the easy way to get those pesky decals off my rarebear
It took me a while tho'

The trick is to put good quality clear sticky tape on top of the decal rub it down, leave for 20 mins then peel off the tape. ocassionally I had to just lift the edge of the decal, once that was done they came off easily enough

Yeah those decals are a bitch to remove! I ended up coming to the same conclusion as you!

While on the subject of decals ......I need to buy a set of decals for the Trojan but all supplies on the market seem to have dried up.

Is there anyone with a spare set to sell?

Thanks guysSmileSmile

Smile

Here's a pic of the RareBear withit's new colour scheeme

I flew it like this on Sunday What a difference it made it a lot easier to see and orientate !!

LOOOKS LIKE A REAL SPEED MACHINE NOW .

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

We were having a bit of Practice today

I think I've sorted out the nasty sound my motor was making at 1/2 to 3/4 revs
After replacing the motor it was still there, so I replaced the ESC and Bingo it runs sweet now
Had a few good flights with Frank and Steve today. Claudio, test flew his new rarebear sadly it didnt make it into the photo but will definatly next time.

(02-09-2012, 10:11 PM)secant0give Wrote:  Claudio, test flew his new rarebear sadly it didnt make it into the photo but will definatly next time.

Starting out of 3S, and it felt faster than I expected, but easier than I had anticipated. And a lot more fun! Biggrin

<td>
Extra-300S EPP
<td valign=top>
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
</tr></table>

Those rareBears do make the field a whole lot smaller !!

great Fun !!

I managed to test fly my SpareBear today, So I have two ready for racing at Richmond next Sunday.

Don't forget PYLON RACING IS NEXT WEEKEND, SUNDAY THE 23RD AT RICHMOND
Directions can be found at www.nswpylon.org

All classes will be running so there will certainly be some super fast adrenilan pumping action!!
It's great fun to watch and even more fun to fly !!

I'm pretty sure there will be a BBQ lunch as well.

Directions are :
Turn north from Windsor Richmond Road into Percival Street. Turn right 1.2 Klm along Percival Street, just past main entrance to RAAF base.

S33.60 E150.79 roughly.

A couple of Questions for SRL

There is a registration fee but I cant remember what it is ????

You have to be there early to register but I'm not sure what time ?????

Just spoke to Jeremy over the phone, Registration is before 9am Sunday morning
Cost for racing electrics is $15.00

Racing starts at 9:30 am

Jeremy said he'd send out an email this evening with a map and other info, I'll forward it on if you send me your email address

jason dot vanajek at optusnet dot com dot au

just remove the spaces and replace the dot and the at with . and @

Hi Jason
I talked to Jeremy yesterday. My church roster has got in the way and I can't make it out until after midday. I intend to pick up my father on the way out.
Here is the repaired old Bear after its mid air with Ian . Will bring it out tomorrow afternoon.

SRL

We had an AWSOME day on Sunday, with near perfict conditions for flying out at Richmond, which I must say is a very nice field indeed!!

Frank definatly had the fastest RareBear airframe. Tho' it did slow up over the last two laps. It will be interesting to see the times when they are posted.

I changed props for the last few heats of the day and sliced about 10 seconds off my time for the 10 laps. Weather that was the prop, or me just getting used to flying the course, I'm not sure. I was a bit nervy flying the first two races and felt I flew better later in the day.

Many thanks to Wayne for comming along and letting me use his charger!! We enjoyed watching some spectacular racing and some very good flying. I managed to get a bit video as well which I'll post up as soon as I've done some editing.
I

Not a problem Jason, battery & charger in car from PRCAC flying and power went to a worthy cause. Was an awesome sight watching some very quick planes that showed the Rare Bears what speed really was. Extra thanks goes to Frank for providing some shade from the 30 deg heat.

Kieran gave me the good info on how to fix the "undefined" problem so I managed to fix that up.
Thanks for that Kieran !!

The upshot is that I can popst again YAY !!!!

So to celibrate here's a short but interesting bit of Video from Pylon Day at Richmond on Sunday.

Note what happins when those little ESCs get too hot !!

http://youtu.be/UYbVYqSqijA

Be sure to watch it in full screen mode in HD for best results

It's still uploading as I type so in might be 1/2 past 10 before it available.

I just took the stabilization off the video. Youtube offered to fix it for me. but it de-shook the back ground and made the planes shake around instead ?????
So i reverted back to the original.

It seems video editing is like a box of chocklets, only someone swapped some of the chocklets for T*%ds

NSW PYLON
RACING CLUB Inc
Q500, F400, F3D and the
Electric EF-1 and Funfighter (ie Rare Bear) PYLON RACING at
“AUTHURSLEIGH”
MARULAN
SUNDAY 2 December 2012 – 9:00AM Pilot Briefing
Practice and sports flying Saturday 1 Dec 2012
Must have proof of current MAAA membership
Entrants and callers must bring hard hats
New Racers Always Welcome
Shearers’ huts accommodation and camping available at field along with showers, cooking and Bar-B-Q facilities
Or
Ali’s Motel Tavern and Restaurant at Marulan Phone 4841 1330
http://www.alismotel.com.au/
For more information and field directions, contact
Jeremy Randle 0418390446
(This is a private field and is only available on the advertised dates which is why we cannot publish field directions
http://www.nswpylon.org/
FUEL SUPPLIED ON RACEDAY

Results from NSW Pylon day at Richmond have been posted

Here's a link http://nswpylon.org/2012/12_06_results.htm

You'll note PRCAC well represented by Frank SRL and some other bloke Wink

Quote:Quote from NSW Pylon latest news page
Great day at Richmond. Missing the first 3 rounds doesn't help your score! Results on the calendar page. Good turnout for the Fun Fighter Class. I did a little massaging of the FFC results to give everyone 3 scoring rounds by removing their highest scores. Interesting outcome with 2 new names on the board.
Here's a link to the rest of it http://nswpylon.org/#gotoLatest

We now have some Pylons we can set up at Mc Coy field.
I've made them so they come apart and will fit in the storage box.

Here's a Pic

Results from the last race day at Marulan are up on the web !!

You can see that PRCAC was once again well represented !!

Congratulations to SRL who took out second place in Q-500 !!

Claudio and I gave them a bit of a hurry up in FFC (RareBear class) as well

This time was my first go at flying in Q-500, I found that it makes it a pretty busy day flying two classes and being a caller as well. There was also a stint in the cage during a round I wasn't flying or calling in.

Pylon racing days are busy and great fun. There's allways something to do so you never get boared and the flying is super intense!!

How does the scoring work?

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

If you look at the fist table FFC Saturday
Each colum "Round 1", "round 2", ect shows a time for a ten lap race.
A number under the C in that colum indicates the how many times a pylon was cut (not flown around) Each cut incurrs a 10% time panelty. more than 2 cuts and you get a time of 200 same as if you didn't fininh the race (DNF)

In the case of FFC results for Saturday each pilot had 4 races, the slowest time (in bold) is removed then the scores (times + cut penalties) are added together for each pilot and ranked with the lowest score (fastest time) in first place.

You can see that Ian Lebrone had the fastest time for 10 laps with 94.74 seconds in his last race. Which is really quick for a rarebear. But didn't finish race one or race two so got a 200 for those. From memory he got a couple of bad launches, It was pretty windy as on the Satturday which didn't help.

You can see that Ranjit Phelan has got first by more than 10 seconds over the fastest 3 races and the difference between 2nd and 3rd place is very close with only 1/2 a second seperating those places

The FFC class was run over a shorter course on Saturday. The other FFC table was from Sunday which was added in to make an extra group and was flown over the long course in between vipers and the F-400 and there were seven races.

It's all on again weekend of the 1st and 2nd !! (the weekend after next)

SRL reels them in at Marulan on the weekend

This how he did it !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVQr5F8FbxI&feature=youtu.be&vq=hd720

SRL flew brilliantly for a well deserved win - a stand-out moment of the weekend was when his victory roll after the final race turned into a victory rolling circuit!

Was well pleased with my flying too. All the Fun Fighter runs were over the short course this round (whereas at the last event half were on the long course) which made it easier to see improvement and consistency. Averaged some 25 seconds faster on the short course this time out, in pretty ordinary conditions to boot. Now scratching my head over how to find *another* 25 seconds to compete with the big boys, but that's all part of the fun. Smile

Continue to be surprised at how much fun and how addictive this racing business is - I'm not a speed demon by any stretch, but there is something special about seeing your plane just sitting in a "groove" and knowing you took a perfect turn.

An all round phenomenal weekend... with a great bunch of guys!

<td>
Extra-300S EPP
<td valign=top>
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
</tr></table>

Claudio you did really well, Excellent effort slicing that much off your previous times!!
I was sorry I missed taking some video of you racing as I was flying in the same heat I didn't get much of a chance to watch.

We can certainly come back with a suprise for them in March if we can get some serious practice in during the next 3 months. Most of guys won't do much practice between races..........or so they say Wink

If you can consistantly shave another 12-15 seconds off it'll put you right up there. That 88 second time of Jeremys has got to be pretty much a course record. If you look at Ranjit's times over the short course last month they are averaging about 96 and Jeremy's times average about 102 and that was the short course, an average of 106 would have taken 4th place last month and would have won FCC this month.

Really enjoyed the weekend. Everything I had planed came true!
The reason I was faster was the home build (lighter) Viper running a APC prop. Its very easy to fly good when your faster. You also need a good reliable caller.

srl

(04-12-2012, 07:59 PM)srl Wrote:  Really enjoyed the weekend. Everything I had planed came true!

It sure did.

(04-12-2012, 07:59 PM)srl Wrote:  The reason I was faster was a good reliable caller.

I chose to read your post this way Biggrin

<td>
Extra-300S EPP
<td valign=top>
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index