Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

PRCAC Rare Bear racing Team?

(12-08-2013, 05:43 PM)popeyepete Wrote:  
(07-08-2013, 08:25 AM)samste Wrote:  I Remember my Pogo on a low pass and it Ate dirt due to servo failure, But if flew very slick and fast, and the Turns where smooth.

Still have the power setup for it, just need a pogo arf, picture of my Pogo.
I remember got Steve Lang to hold it on Takeoff a few times as it was easy to torque roll.

Does this tempt you???
Model Flight Clearance Sale

ummm i tempted Wink , thanks for the Heads Up

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Pylon at Richmond is comming up !! 22nd of September

It's on huge big open field, It's close to travel too being only just down the road.
There are no Noise restrictions at Richmond so All classes can fly.

There will be some spectacular flying and it will be great fun so come allong and get involved in what has got to be the most exciting form of RC competition.

There were rumours of the possibility of Pylon Practice on Satturday the 21st at Pitt Town. But I'm not sure if this has been decided yet. I hope to find out

Here's some video from last years event at Richmond

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Feny3FEa9EA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYbVYqSqijA

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

It's time to pencil in Pylon at Richmond on the 22nd, that's not the weekend comming but the one after that.

Even if your not flying it's well worth comming out the Richmond Pylon day for a look. If you want to get involved and have a close look at how it runs there's plenty of oppertunities, as Callers are allways needed and so are people to take turns at opperateing the cage. It's a great day and there's usually a super BBQ for a just a coin or two.

There are no noise restrictions at Richmond, the field is on the RAAF base. There will definatly be some spectacular, fast, furious and noisy flying action to be seen !!

If you are flying, make sure your there about 8:30 to register and bring your MAAA card !!

Directions are as follows:

Turn north from Windsor Richmond Road into Percival Street. Turn right 1.2 Klm along Percival Street, just past main entrance to RAAF base.

S33.60 E150.79 roughly.

See you there !!!

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

well i am off on the 22nd . but its my wifes 41st on the 20th . good chance i'll make it to richmond

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

Looks like I'm missing out on Richmond for the second year running Icon_evil

Was really looking forward to seeing the PRCAC team clean up at a nice local event too! Good luck SRL, Frank(s?) and Jason(s?).

<table width="100%" border="0"><tr>
<td>
<span title="No longer arboreally challenged!">Parkzone Stinson SR-10 </span>
Extra-300S EPP
<del>F-18 Blue Angels 64mm EDF</del>
<span title="Why won't it die?!">HK Mini Cessna EPO</span>
Spektrum DX6i - Mode 1</td>
<td valign=top>
Parkzone T-28 Ultra Micro
E-Flite UMX BEAST
SRL Index
CloudsFly / AXN Floater
"2x6" basla/ply kit built glider
SBach 1000mm</td>
<td valign=top>
Skyartec Cessna 182 (small UAV)
UAV-168 (bigger UAV)
<span title="2nd-hand; rebuild on-hold">"BigBoy" Hugin (biggest UAV)</span>
<span title="For invading small countries">X-8 flying wing</span></td>
</tr></table>

(12-09-2013, 11:34 PM)wingtipper Wrote:  well i am off on the 22nd . but its my wifes 41st on the 20th . good chance i'll make it to richmond

Make sure you email Jeremy and let him know your comming so he he has an idea of numbers so he can organise the heats !!

Jeremy Randle jag at acfr.usyd.edu.au

ok will do

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

Marulan I, Pylon weekend is on again !! On the 18 19 & 20th of this month.

Friday the 18th is dedicated to sport flying, this is an excellent place to fly it has a paved strip on the top of a hill with no obstructions for miles. (Allmost as good as flying at McCoy park but different)

Satturday 19th is sport flying and Pylon practice with probably a round of RareBear racing in the afternoon. Sunday will be Pylon racing with all classes allowed.

At Richmond, EF1 and the RareBears happily raced in the same heats with Ardian's scratch built electric machine. So if you don't have something that meets all the class rules bring it allong and race it anyway, you will be able to race it!!

I repeat it doesn't have to fit into any class as long as it's safe to fly, bring it allong and have a go at the most exciting and best fun, form of model aircraft competition there is !!

The property has a large shed where indoor flying often continues late into the evening so bring your feather weight electrics for some indoor durby. Smile

Don't miss this one it just doesn't get much better than this.

There is accomadation on site, just bring your own food and blankets/sleepingbag.

For more information visit nswpylon.org or send Jag an email

Jeremy Randle jag at acfr.usyd.edu.au Just replace the " at " with the appropriate charictor

See you there !!

Jason

Here's some video from last year at Marulan, Taken by Pete K and Tony J It's Pete's Q-500 (Viper by Great Planes) doing a race

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyQAwgsbDSg&feature=youtu.be

Here's one of SRL's races, I filmed, from the ground this time, notice the nice line he flies despite the gusty conditions and manages to reel them all in!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVQr5F8FbxI

HMMM LATEST ADDITIONS , CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION FOR THE WEEKEND.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Lookin' good Mate !!
It should be a top weekend I'm really looking forward to it!!

Don't forget to bring your own food/drink as there are no shop for miles

Yeeeee haaaaaa !!
last day of the week for me today, It's pack the trailer and off to Marulan in the morning.

There should be some great racing, and some good sport flying on Friday/Sat as well.
Just looked at the forcast and it's AWSOME !!

If you miss out on this one don't worry Marulan II is on 22nd, 23rd & 24th of November. Put it in Diary now !!!

That Pair of Rare Bears is looking very nice 'Tipper !! Mine are getting Old now having both been raced for more than a year. (that's rare for a RareBear Smile ) Lots of old ones and lots of bold ones but not many, old, bold ones!!

Remember this 'tipper?? It's you filming James and I racing EF1 at the Maitland funfly & Pylon day last year. Another top weekend !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rAx17D6Tps

yep . i remember . and i know what your doing !!! still have my thoughts on a sundowner . but those vipers are swaying my thoughts also .
dialled in the new rarebears yesterday . i'm pretty impressed with these two . I'll also be taking the big edge 540 and the mx2 .
thought of the day !!!! why do i always have newer planes than you !!!!!Biggrin ------ Upset

A quick report from pylon at Marulan I
The weather was perfect, if not a little smokey at times on the Friday and Saturday. With a good variety of different models being flown and pilots enjoying the vast open spaces!!

There was some great flying with Claudio’s X8 and the Pnumatic launcher getting a good work out, test flights of numerous UAVs from UNSW. Ranjit took the Dynamite for a few flights so I could get some up close high speed passes on film. There were also some test and practice flights of some of the large scale raceing models that will be flown at the nationals at Cootamundra this comming weekend.

Sunday was a little more challenging with a stiff breeze at times. There was serious racing with Q-500, F-400, EF1 and FFC being hotly contested and with no quarter being asked or given.

Jag had a bit of bad luck with the tragic loss his no1 F400 during what was supposed to be a trim flight, before racing had even started.
I managed break the fuse on my good Viper after just clipping no 3 pylon during landing. Fortunately, at the time, it wasn’t going fast and will be easily enough to repair for next month. Then it was out with the spare plane, which to my surprise was nearly as fast as the good one and I managed to pull off a 4th place behind Pete K, Peter V, and Ian L.

Hats off to Claudio, who made the PRCAC presence felt, by putting in some STERLING flying to win EF1, on only the Pogo’s second outing, in conditions, that really were arduous at times!! Quite an achievement considering that before the race weekend he’d had less than 10 flights with the plane!! Wingtipper did very well too with times improving every race and finishing around the middle of the field in FFC.

here's some pics

Dans UAVs that fly around in formation compleatly autonomously

No 1 pylon goes up

PRCAC corner of the shed

Some of the planes lighned up ready for flight

Congrats to the PRCAC boys - flying the banner, balls-out Smile

Steve Murray

Here's some highlights from Richmond, that was a magic day !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il841Nyd734

Marulin II is on next weekend !!

It's the last Race day for 2013 let's make it a memerable one !!

I'm going down on friday, weather permitting.

i'll be there on friday also . heres some later , latest editions for MARULAN II . MKIV . hopefully a little more competative .

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Very Cool !!

Nice paint work Frank !!

I think they will be fast