Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Orange RX (Spektrum)

Good news!
Orange RX have finally been added to the approval list of MOP058.

Members should note that the 6ch versions are of extremely limited range even when used with a satellite. (Which we have demonstrated at our field a few times) and take this into serious consideration when using them in larger and faster planes.

I have one of the new 7ch varients to test in my trainer, fingers crossed, the price is right!

That is good, i note aswell that HK have staed this in their spec on their web. I'm a big fan of the Orange RX's, they have been good to me!

Dynam Pitts 12 EPO
Eflite Advance 25e
HK P-51D Mustang
3D Reaktor
Pitts Python S12 EP 54inch EPO
Kinetic 800

Decathlon EP 62.6inch
Stinger 64 EDF
Spektrum DX6i (mode 1)

Yes - very good news. I've used about 7 or 8 of 'em without satellites for quite some time and never had a problem at all.

Steve Murray

(28-01-2012, 05:04 PM)kizza42 Wrote:  Good news!
Orange RX have finally been added to the approval list of MOP058.

Members should note that the 6ch versions are of extremely limited range even when used with a satellite. (Which we have demonstrated at our field a few times) and take this into serious consideration when using them in larger and faster planes.

I have one of the new 7ch varients to test in my trainer, fingers crossed, the price is right!

What is the limited range? I use them in my little fast 50mm jets and in my Bixler which I flew to 300ft

George

"Crash and Cry! Don't fly"

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
HK Cri Cri ugly,Super Cub 1870mm balsa, Sbach 1000mm balsa, Vampire, Katana E50 balsa, BA Hawke 90mm (on hold for large runway), Durafly BF110, Corsair,
EScale Zero
Freewing Eurofighter Typhoon & SU-34
Starmax F5e Tiger & 70mm F-18
FMS T-28 Trojan, P-38 Silver, 50mm F-86, C-17 Globmaster

Fly fly F-100
B-25 2.0m LX and A10 1.5m Langxiang (being glassed and re-built)
Seagull Super Tucano

Yes i have one of the new 7ch dsm2 with the satellite rx yet to be tested. Just impulsed bought to add up mthe shipping weight, look's impressive though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mOcbg54iaw

Steve

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

I've had several different specimens that I've tested with:

-I got a lockout on one which totalled my T-28, it still landed within the McCoy park basin so it wasn't that far out.

-I've had another fall in and out of range on board my trainer. Adding a satellite helped a little but it still goes off air way too close for comfort. Luckily there is also a FRSky rx in there. Happened at PRCAC & Kellyville

-Experienced lockouts at close range at HMAS inside my Decathlon, luckily it came back before incident.

-Seen them refuse to lock on to Rob B's DX8 at PEMAC, they would lock on elsewhere (My Telemetry shows PEMAC to be a very noisy area on 2.4)

They are clearly not all created equal.

George, please consider what you admit to on a public forum

Got 15 to 20 of them. Early in the piece I had crashes or loss of signal with them and when checked out found them to have at least 1 dry joint. That fixed they were then fine. What I do now is open them up when new and re-solder any dry joints. Not a problem since. I don't use a satellite receiver with them.

I have a couple, they are on small light planes that don't go very fast and are not flown very far away. I've never had a problem with one but I've never pushed the envelope with them. All of my larger planes fly with FRSKY receivers and the smaller ones that really shift are using genuine spectrum receivers which have also been very good.

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

To Dx8 users be careful with dsm2 recivers orange or even genuine spektrum. My first Dx8 had may complete brown out on orange and Ar600. The first batch of Dx8s had a backwards compatibility problem with dsm2 receivers. They only worked properly with Dmx new type of rx. So there was a recall on them. Check the spektrum website if not registered. I had same problem Rob is having. Also range checks were not good.
I had my Dx8 replaced with a new one from a new batch. No more brown outs, binds instantly now and excellent range test

I still only use genuine spektrum in my larger models and heavier jets.

Kazza. Bixler was flown on a beach up north but i see your point. 300 feet 8 was a typo. Wink

George

"Crash and Cry! Don't fly"

RadioBiggrinX9 & DX8
HK Cri Cri ugly,Super Cub 1870mm balsa, Sbach 1000mm balsa, Vampire, Katana E50 balsa, BA Hawke 90mm (on hold for large runway), Durafly BF110, Corsair,
EScale Zero
Freewing Eurofighter Typhoon & SU-34
Starmax F5e Tiger & 70mm F-18
FMS T-28 Trojan, P-38 Silver, 50mm F-86, C-17 Globmaster

Fly fly F-100
B-25 2.0m LX and A10 1.5m Langxiang (being glassed and re-built)
Seagull Super Tucano