Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

ParkzoneT28 Trojan ESC/Motor issue

Hi Guys,
I've been to your field to visit and know that a few of you have the Parkzone T28. I've brought a new one from Kellets (PNP) and am trying to arm the ESC but am having issues - not sure if it's me or there is a fault (unlikely!).
I am using a DX6i setup with the stock ESC and motor, and a 3S fully charged. When I switch on I get a short tone followed very quickly by 3 other short quick tones-indicating using a 3S correct? I never get the 1 low long tone as the manual suggests that I should do - ie - it is not arming. I've tried the trobleshooting as the manaul suggests (cut off voltages and programming menus) but no joy.
Any ideas? ny help greatly appreictaed.
Cheers,
Simon

Gday Simon

There are 2 things I can think of that may assist.
1- Set throttle range. (With no power connected to the aircraft turn your tx on and put the throttle to full power. Connect power to the ESC, you should hear a long beep, then completely close the throttle. ESC should beep away again. Once stopped beeping this should have set your throttle range.
You may be ok at this point....
Also action the below if still no joy
2- Check throttle low point. (ESC's will not arm if the throttle is open, go to the throttle sub trim setting in your tx and set the low point as low as it can go, also check the stick trim is centred. Then turn tx on and connect power to the ESC, see if that lets it arm, if still no joy adjust throttle stick trim down to the lowest setting until the ESC arms.

Hope the above helps.

Cheers
Rob B

On the top of the list, have you followed the binding procedure to bind the plane receiver to your transmitter? Do all the control surfaces move when you command them on the transmitter sticks?

Here is a quick vid of how it sounds when it all works:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk_FuHpxqdo[/youtube]

Yes, my work area is a pig sty!

Thanks for your help guys.......Kizza....I know the binding is fine as I have used the tx and rx with my easystar and no prob. Also, all servos work fine. Cheers
Rob ....thanks for the tips....I will try again tonight utilising your advice!

kizza42 Wrote:Yes, my work area is a pig sty!
Good! - a clinically clean work area is the sign of an un-hinged mind!

Steve Murray

Thanks for all your help.......I finally got it going after mucking around with the throttle trim and throttle stick position upon switch on...I'm still not exactly sure what I did that was different but anywho I've saved the settings on my Tx and now looking forwards to the maiden!
Thanx again guys

Gday Simon

Glad that issue is all sorted out, might be a good idea to ask Kieran to give it a once over before flight to make sure all is truly ok.
Keiran knows his DX7 and the Trojan back to front so you will be in the best of hands.

Cheers
Rob B