Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Videos: Other

I had to show this Video, as i love edf's and speed and only wish i was flying this machine  Smile

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

I think its time for you to upgrade from EDF to Turbine!

Hi guys, here is the ultimate drone video.

https://fireaviation.com/2019/07/04/dron...sses-fire/

Here is my latest drone video. All legal and CASA approved

http://youtu.be/ss7OTJGBTzg

3 Useless things for a Pilot:
Air above you, Air in the tanks, Runway behind you.

EFLIGHT Blade 400, Inside a Jet Ranger Fuse
HK 500GT, Inside an EC-135 Fuse
ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

Always remember to properly fasten your spinners gentlemen.

https://twitter.com/Micahlifa/status/114...28869?s=20

Best viewed by using the HD setting in youtube
some onboard video of out place at cape Bauer on the westen shore of Streaky Bay

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

(21-08-2019, 12:35 AM)secant0give Wrote:  

some onboard video of out place at cape Bauer on the westen shore of Streaky Bay

Very cool.

You running Arduplane, PX4 flight stack or something else entirely?

btw - The anonymous quote above Da Vinci’s in your signature can be attributed to Douglas Adams.

Nice little spot, looks like a very calm day  Smile

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

(21-08-2019, 02:31 AM)Quadzimodo Wrote:  
(21-08-2019, 12:35 AM)secant0give Wrote:  

Very cool.

You running Arduplane, PX4 flight stack or something else entirely?

btw - The anonymous quote above Da Vinci’s in your signature can be attributed to Douglas Adams.

Im using a Pixhawk which is a PX4 clone. Running Mission planner on the ground control station and a pair of RFD900u s for groundstation coms. FPV is via the reasonably low latency output from a RunCam2 which is what records the onboard video and the VTX is from immersion RC. The RunCam2 is mounted in a turret so it is reasonably clean aerodynamically and can be panned using a HXT900 servo I modified to rotate through 180 degrees. Radio is FRSky with Yapu telemetry from the pixhawk going back to the TX which I like a lot. Because I have a 3 position switch set up to call out airspeed and alt or be silent. It also gives me almost all of the telemetry that goes to the ground control station. I have a mapping camera Bay in the bottom of the fuselage. It can take few different cameras. For the mapping we are doing here it is carying a canon IXUS 220 running CHDK on the SD card which I also like a lot. It takes nice 12 MP photos and feeds to the pixhawk from the red eye LED via a photo transistor for logging the spatial data which is used to later geo tag the images for post processing. Gotta love the canon powershot cameras they are so small and versatile have great lenses and images sensors and they are light. Did I also mention cheap I got them second hand on eBay for around $30 each. I have a couple of 20MP IXUS 185s for my next project. They were still less than $100 from eBay. Can’t beat that for cost imagine putting a heavy and expensive Sony alpha up there in harms way. Gotta remember there are big wedge tails around here and they kill UAVs for fun. Often you are flying far away and it’s hard to take evasive action when you can only just see the plane well enough to orientate it.

All antennas are internal and every reasonable effort has been made to keep it aerodynamically clean.
It cruses happily at 15mps using only 4.2 Amps it’s light and I have no trouble flying two 20 min mapping missions back to back with the two 4Ah 4s parallel  packs it carries. And yes the the power sensor is calibrated correctly and at the current range most of the flying is done at. It could fly at current weight with all cameras for about an hour. The run cam2 and VTX run off the main flight pack so some margin is needed for that because the feed for those come off before the power meter. The mapping camera has its own battery but I could power it from the flight pack via a Bec. The canon manual says the battery is good for about 220 photos so it is a limiting factor. I probably get a few more than the manual says because with CHDK I can turn off the screen and use a bit less power. I’m mapping about 25 acres in 12-15 mins from 70m up using 70% overlap. With the IXUS220 that gives a pixel size of about 2.5cm. I could quite possibly speed it up a bit too.

I hand launch it using pixhawks auto take off functionality. It’s great it doesn’t turn the motor on until after it leaves your hands then climbs out happily at 15 degrees. It takes a bit of setting up but it really is worth it and it’s scary the first time you try it.

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

When I Think of Fpv I think Of This, you gotta watch it espeacially at 3:30 onwards the double gate Crash  Lol

Can’t believe those things got back in the air so quick. Very cool indeed.

Sub-100g delta wing with NCR18650B battery. Legal to fly anywhere. Very cool.

That is pretty cool

They make it all look so easy.

Looks like literally minutes of fun!

Maybe a Prcac Project

Hi guys, below is a U-tube video of a lady who has been inundated by magpies sound familiar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX7s9SnHm4c

RAAF YT Channel

Excerpt from dooblydoo:

"Even though our crews are highly trained and professional, heavy smoke from bushfires means they’re not always able to complete the mission on the first try. The first clip shows the crew of a C-27J Spartan attempting to land at Mallacoota, Victoria, where civilians are waiting to be evacuated. Fortunately, our Spartans were eventually able to land and conduct evacuation flights over the weekend. The second clip shows the crew of a C-130J Hercules attempting to land at Merimbula, New South Wales, to deliver Fire and Rescue NSW personnel – but due to the lack of visibility, were unfortunately not able to land."

View from Space of past month or so:

Video 

https://youtu.be/rzsA9kG8tgY

The field on the weekend a quick video. I think the water would have gone higher by Sunday afternoon as at the time it was taken there was still a lot more rain to come

Who wants a screamer????

Gravity sucks, or should I say, is the downfall of all things flying. It's the way it's controlled that makes the end memorable or not.

Aleksey Zaitsevsky is the inventor of the force servo. Very capable bloke.

No flying in this vidio but very impressive.

srl

I've watched a lot of his videos and they are very interesting indeed......

Gravity sucks, or should I say, is the downfall of all things flying. It's the way it's controlled that makes the end memorable or not.

If computers interest you, have a look at a computer on the Saturn 5 rocket......

Some here may remember Rolf R Bakke for his pioneering work creating cheap and easy to use flight stabilisation boards for the masses.

He still builds cool stuff. Below is his latest project (just outrageous, best note ever!!!)

Impressive stuff.

Here is Ian perfecting his crop dusting skills

3 Useless things for a Pilot:
Air above you, Air in the tanks, Runway behind you.

EFLIGHT Blade 400, Inside a Jet Ranger Fuse
HK 500GT, Inside an EC-135 Fuse
ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

502km/h FPV without a ground station.  Shock

(27-06-2020, 10:38 PM)brotherblonde Wrote:  Here is Ian perfecting his crop dusting skills

Great video Andrew

Some nice landings there!!
The AgCat flies really nicely!!
Great filming too Andrew
    Was that done with a Phantom ?