Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Videos: Other

Racing and chasing...

I was wearing the brown undies that day, for reasons that will become obvious a couple of minutes into the video.

FrSky Q X7 Mode 2, Turnigy 9XR Pro and Evolution. Multirotors, planes plus a couple of heli's. Too many to list.

Aaaaand if the wife is reading this: "The club made me buy these planes, I had no part in it, honestly!"

Awesome Symo !!

Great video real exciting at times too !!

You guys are getting good !!!

You'll have to come out to McCoy and do some racing we've been setting the gates up most weekends and flying round the course. We need you guys to come and log some times!!

The course is mostly set up the same it would be good to see who can do the fastest 5 laps !!

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

Thanks Jason.

Yep, will get back to the club soon. I've only been able to fly an hour or two here and there which has made it difficult for me to get to the club over the last few monts, but I'm keen... now that we've had a bit of practice it should be a lot more fun.

FrSky Q X7 Mode 2, Turnigy 9XR Pro and Evolution. Multirotors, planes plus a couple of heli's. Too many to list.

Aaaaand if the wife is reading this: "The club made me buy these planes, I had no part in it, honestly!"

You guys are certainly doing well those videos look pretty good

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

This one's only short and quite action-packed. Goes to show how much abuse some of these frames can handle. Needs sound for best effect.

Hahaha you guys look like your having heaps of run. Nice video.

Flying RC is just more than a hobby now. Thumbup

You'll like this one, it's a shorty but a goodie. It shows how much abuse these frames can handle.

Very cool I enjoy you videos Symo !!

They are pretty tough

My 250 needs a bit of a repair after a crash at Marulan

Thanks Jason! I'm shocked that the RunCam2 survived the impact. Mind you, it's in a 3D printed case so that helped. The protective case has a big crack right near the lens so I think I just dodged a bullet on that one. The wedge that it sits on was badly damaged. Can't believe that I didn't destroy it... Or the quad.

Only 1 badly damaged piece which I'll repair with epoxy and thin CF sheet, and replacement of 4 of the aluminium standoff posts.

Excellent it's good when you can see a way clear to get a good machine back in the air!!

You've got to be lucky some times.

You are flying pretty quick there!! I am crawling along by comparison! Frown

Definitely flying quickly, but slightly, just slightly, beyond my capabilities Rob! Hence the crash... When you're racing you tend to push yourself a bit and that time I pushed it too hard.

I was only running 3S during that little race. Perhaps if I was running 4S I may have had the power to punch above the fence. Nah, pilot error and ego I think!

Another video, some crashing and racing.

Interesting concept: circular landing strip.

If you don't live on the edge, you take up too much space.

An interesting concept however highly flawed in my opinion.
The pilot in me is quite frankly surprised this is receiving research funding.
Thanks for posting the vid though. Any idea is better than no idea.
Cheers
Rob B

1.64m V tail Glider
F-27 (Ted) Stryker
XB70 Valkyrie 70mm EDF
HK Pitts Special
Twister 3D Storm / Trex 600ESP Airwolf Heli's
Viper Jet 70mm EDF
Project Bravo Two
Project '67
Spektrum DX8 Mode 1,3

Hi guys. Here is a YouTube video of DJI, spark looks fairly good?.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q31TOevlfbM

(All) CAUTION - Not drone or aviation related.

Marco,

Here is the vid we discussed a while back, posted as requested. Note - I took your advice and shrunk myself while enlarging the slides so that the information is legible. The vid is actually uploaded at 4K to make it as readable as possible.

Best use of Pano-cam I've seen yet:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jH_m_07_CuQ

(04-08-2018, 04:12 PM)kizza42 Wrote:  Best use of Pano-cam I've seen yet:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jH_m_07_CuQ

Agreed. Man, that has to be the best job in the world.

Quadmovr's latest cap cam upload.

Quick as, for anything, yet it's just a 4-inch! Shock

That's crazy fast, doing fpv that quick would be insane

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Whats crazy is that this guy does it line of sight!

Hi guys. Here’s a YouTube video that is gonna make your hair stand on end that’s if you got any?,
This video is of a Druk Air landing at Paro, Bhutan. Not sure if it’s a BEA 100?.
Next time somebody complains about how runway show them this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C31zAD3NArY&t=16s

Boston Dynamics’ latest upload...

Gravity sucks, or should I say, is the downfall of all things flying. It's the way it's controlled that makes the end memorable or not.

Recent events

Gold!

Power-to-weight of 8kW per kilogram. The switch clicking you can hear is Markus arming and disarming.