Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

L-39 and T-33 bight the dust

Well i've outdone myself. Destroyed 2 of my HK jets in as many days. First was the T-33 i built as a kit with Don's 50mm Wicked wemo with 6000kV- 50 seconds into its second flight i flew it smack bang in the middle of a tree. Takes skill i can tell ya.
Its rooooooted. Saved the EDF battery and rx, rest it toast.Rolleyes

L-39 my favourite little 50mm 2 days later. Went behind my 2 big trees and skilfully destroyed itself from the LE forward. Pretty happy ehLol

So ordered 1 more of each cause i can.

Think ill add some kills to my sigBiggrin

DX8
Skyartec- Skyfun x3
HK- Minimoa
Airfield- P51 - weak main landing gear struts, bends easily on landing.
Freewing- F86- on my second
ParkZone T-28- sooooo cool
Dynam Meteor

HET- Me163(in hangar building)

Awaiting build
Freewing SU-34

Kills F-86, T-33,L-39, Skyfunx2

Sorry to hear that Simon - but at least you've still got your Don's Wicked power train ... and your avatar is worth keeping too!

Steve Murray

Yes sometimes it just doesn't go the way you want and planes fall from the sky. But its good you can salvage the wreck, as sometimes they gone for good or stuck in a very high high tree. I agree with Steve too on the avatar.

Steve

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Sorry Guys... what were you saying...? too distracted by Simon's Avatar.

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,
Durafly P51 Mustang, Edge 540T 3D.
Helis: Blade mCPX, Blade 450X, HK450GT V2Belt, Gaui 550 Hurricane.
Spektrum DX9, DX7se & DX4e

Damn those trees!!

Someone say trees...
Yes thats Missy Peregrim in my avatar- i use the same pic on all forums i am on...just took me a while to put it on this one!

Dons wicked wemo combo is pretty awesome for a 50mm. Although its nothing like the sound of a Stumax, it definately has some air noise rather than just motor noise from spinning at 60300rpm!!

I also got the Trojan stuck in the top of the same tree a week ago, took a long time to get it out. Used an extension ladder then had to climb up a number of branches with an eatable aluminium pole at full stretch to get to it- amazing i was able to get it out with narry a scratch on it!

DX8
Skyartec- Skyfun x3
HK- Minimoa
Airfield- P51 - weak main landing gear struts, bends easily on landing.
Freewing- F86- on my second
ParkZone T-28- sooooo cool
Dynam Meteor

HET- Me163(in hangar building)

Awaiting build
Freewing SU-34

Kills F-86, T-33,L-39, Skyfunx2