Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Gaui 550 Hurricane for sale

Hi everyone,

Been a while since I've been down the field - change of circumstances at home means no time for flying heli's unfortunately.

So having had just enough flying time to get more confident I'm selling the Gaui 550. I bought this from Skidz back in April and has been a great heli to begin my learning process on.

So here is a Gaui 550 Hurricaine "Pro" version with many CNC metal upgrade parts.
Hyperion DS20GMD rudder servo
Spektrum DS821 cyclic servos
Align GP750 gyro
Dual Sky 8A BEC
2x Rhino 1050mAh 7.4V lipos (for BEC)
500mm carbon blades in addition to the standard wooden blades
TonicX Z20A motor in addition to the original motor (a spare)
Imax B6 Lipro Balance charger
Fusano canopy
Trex 600 skids have been added (much wider than original Gaui skids)
4x Turnigy 3300mAh Lipos (will work well with 3000mAh also)

Happy to remove bits and come to a deal if you don't want the batteries or the receiver for example.

Asking $370 for the lot.

[Image: IMG_6526.jpg]

[Image: IMG_6527.jpg]

Gyro
[Image: IMG_6528.jpg]

Charger, original canopy, spare blades and manual (for tinkering...)
[Image: Bits.jpg]

TonicX Z20A motor, 4x Lipos, original motor and 2x Rhino lipos for BEC
[Image: Bits-2.jpg]

It's a sad day - but something I hope to take up again in a few years time......

Graham

EDIT - RECEIVER NOW SOLD SEPARATELY SO YOU WILL NEED TO ADD A RECEIVER TO FLY. PRICE DROP TO $370

Hi Graham,
Sorry, only just noticed your post. Sorry to hear that you have to give up your chopper but if it's still for sale, I'm happy to take it off your hands. Post me back or my number is : John - 0407 017702. Thanks.

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,
Durafly P51 Mustang, Edge 540T 3D.
Helis: Blade mCPX, Blade 450X, HK450GT V2Belt, Gaui 550 Hurricane.
Spektrum DX9, DX7se & DX4e

Nice one John. I can assist with the set up of your radio.

Thanks Dave. As you know, I missed out on this chopper when you originally sold it. I'm just waiting for Graham to get back to me. Do you know if it's still for sale? He posted this sale 2 weeks ago but I only noticed it today. mCPX is fun and is getting me hooked on choppers.

John Jelovic
Planks: Lark, California 28, Skyartec Cessna 182, Skyfun, Extra-300S EPP 3D, Stinger 64 EDF, Rare Bear 1400mm,

Hi John,

Yes still for sale. Circumstances have changed at home (first bub on way....) so will have to put this hobby down for a little while unfortunately. It's a great heli - a real shame I'm going to have to give it up for a while just as I was getting more confident!!! Although more important things to think about at the moment!

Will pm you also.

Cheers,

Graham

I hear you Graham. I only took up this hobby after my boy was 4 years old. Hopefully you won't have to have too long a break. I'm free most evenings if you'd like me to pop round with the cash. Let me know or give me a call tomorrow. I'm up by 6:30am. My mobile is 0407 017702. Dave's kindly offered to help setup my DX7 radio. I'm sure i've got much to learn but looking forward to it.

John Jelovic

*** SOLD !!! ***
I am now the proud owner of this (bigger than I thought!) Heli.
Picked it up the other night and bought a Spektrum 6200 full range receiver for $45 from the PEMAC swap meet yesterday which I have already fitted. So it's physically ready to go - just need to set up the DX7 Transmitter - Swash Plate type, Pitch curves, Throttle curves, Blah Blah Blah! - this is english, isn't it? Seroiusly though, I think all this Heli setup stuff is more daunting than the actual learning to fly. Dave has offerred to help with the setup so I'll definately take up his kind offer. Might even post George who bought Graham's Radio in case he still has the setup stored in the DX6i - which I could copy??

John Jelovic

G'day Mr JellyV

Nice buy mate, you have hours of white knuckled fun ahead of you.
The set up can be a bit daunting at first however makes sense after a while. It's great Dave can help you, will save you much head scratching.
Please be very very careful though and quiz Dave re safety considerations, my experience when my 500GT killed itself was a real wakeup call as to the tremendous energy that the heli's are generating.

Happy flying.....

Cheers
Rob B

Thanks Rob, I am more aware of the dangers today after talking to Dave & Others & some graphic Youtube clips. When you think of it, it is 1000Watts plus of power sitting in one place waiting to smack anything that gets in the way (smacking the air is OK!). I'll definately take my time and keep it at a safe distance and definately a good policy to drop it into the ground if you lose control.

John Jelovic

And the tip of the blades are traveling at about 400km/hr!

Would be good if you could get the settings I used from George. I had a nice gentle set up which got me off the ground and in a nice steady hover in no time.

Enjoy!

Graham

It's not an issue if the settings aren't around. We can start from scratch. Probably better to do that anyway so we are working from the ground up.

Fair enough Dave. I've been doing a bit of theory reading online and revisiting my DX7 manual for the various Heli settings. It's starting to make sense although I'm not even sure which way the swash plate should move with control movements - flybar linkages and what they do are a bit more complicated compared to flybarless. Even got the blades rotating - although only just above idle and with the throttle hold switch ready to kill the power. Even if I manage to set it up myself somewhat, I'll obviously bring it down to the field for you to checkout. Too many adjustments - I'd rather take advantage of your experience.

John Jelovic