Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

FMS T-28 Trojan (... with some build issues)

@Build 'em Crash 'em: Steve - the deal with the CoG on your Trojan is very mysterious. It's clear we were measuring from the right place, but I can't work out why it seemed so far aft of where it should be. I'll re-check with mine again when I've next got a battery in it, just for the sake of clearing it up.

Steve Murray

I made two really dumb mistakes today. In windy conditions I landed with flaps down (usually not a good idea in wind) and didn't have enough power on. Of course a gust came through at the wrong time and I didn't have enough speed and power available to deal with the the nose-up attitude as the machine ballooned. I can't blame the wind because I should have had enough power already on to smooth it all out.

Now the nose-gear is jammed in the retracted position and I've got to strip it all down to see what the internal damage is. Very bad form - such basic errors. Time for a beer or two!

Steve Murray

The traveller on the worm-drive in the nose retract had been pushed past the end of the threaded section, so putting it back in place had everything restored. Tested it out on the bench and it's as new.

I'm going to put myself on a strict diet of circuits with touch-and-go landings tomorrow for two full battery-packs. It's the sort of thing I need to do every now and again to iron-out any complacency.

Steve Murray

Glad it was nothing too major
gotta be lucky some times

(20-01-2014, 11:41 PM)smuzz Wrote:  The traveller on the worm-drive in the nose retract had been pushed past the end of the threaded section, so putting it back in place had everything restored. Tested it out on the bench and it's as new.

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci