Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Off The Wall Discussions

Post here Anything Of interest Thats not related to RC That you want to share or Chit Chat About.

OK Guys, I like movies a lot, So we did our movie marathon this afternoon with my kids and Saw Clash of Titans at Cinema's, and straight after bought Tickets and went and saw Iron man 2.
Clash of Titans not a bad movie but iron Man 2 was great
If you haven't seen Iron man 1 Its a must see before Iron man 2 and Iron man 2 is Brilliant full action packed movie a must see on the big screen. Smile
i may be Biased but one of my favorite characters was Iron Man when i was younger.

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

I bet Steve will be happy I'm bringing this thread back... Smile

I was just reading about this aircraft, bloody cool I reckon... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonov_An-2

45year production run, stall speed is bugger all, North Korea still use a canvas winged version as canvas has the ability to avoid radar detection, becoming a collectors item around the US and Euroope, it's just COOL Smile

Alright Arron - there's your next scratch-building project!

Steve Murray

I have full plans for a 40 sized AN2. A pilot mate of mine described the AN2 as the result of a caribou bonking a J3 cub.
I started building her yonks ago and have the aft fuse and rudder completed.

Cheers
Rob B

Anything we want to share that isn't related to RC eh!

I Love You Steve!

RoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRofl

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

yeah, GUYS...., that's why I didn't immediately respond to smuzz. It was drifting off topic... Smile

...but yeah a scratchbuild would be nice Smile

Back to RC talk, I found this on ebay... (should I?) http://www.ebay.com/itm/RC-Plans-plus-tw...0746380319

Of course I won't be building till I own a proper house with my own garage or shed for all my 'man' type activities.

ive been thinking hard trying to contribute to this thread , thinking, thinking, thiiiiiiiiinnnnkiiiiiiiing ! nup ! sorry gents the the only i like is RC planes . sorry gents . LOL

patience !!Biggrin paaatience !!Paranoid paaaaaatience Tounge paaaaaaatieeence Lol dooooohhhh !!! Upset

DANGER WIFE CAN READ FORUMS . love you darling . sig changed .

I have an idea that Steve S can relate to. : Check for blown globes properly BEFORE calling a sparkie to your house to get the "faulty" circuit fixed! Isn't that right Steve? Smile

3 Useless things for a Pilot:
Air above you, Air in the tanks, Runway behind you.

EFLIGHT Blade 400, Inside a Jet Ranger Fuse
HK 500GT, Inside an EC-135 Fuse
ALIGN Trex 600
Durafly Spitfire
DX6i
Blade MCPx
Mavic  2 Pro

(21-05-2012, 08:15 PM)brotherblonde Wrote:  I have an idea that Steve S can relate to. : Check for blown globes properly BEFORE calling a sparkie to your house to get the "faulty" circuit fixed! Isn't that right Steve? Smile

lol

Steve Smile

p.s If you like Sherlock Holmes first movie the second is jam packed full of action, a gotta see movie.

And Yes Avengers is the Movie to See at The moment

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

Now you are talking Steve, The Avengers is one hell of a movie for Marvel Comics freaks, lots of action, plenty of laughs, kept my attention for the entire movie, 6 star rating (out of five)

I second that for the Avengers.
Loved every minute of it.

Jet Teng L39(Breitling)
Scratchbuilt F14 Tomcat(Pukin Dogs)
Vector X
Eflite F86 Sabre(Taz Tiger)
Qantas Airbus A380(Nancy-Bird Walton)
Boeing 737-800
ProEDF F16
Falcon 120(Gas Turbine)
Fly Fly F100 Super Sabre
Pheonix Tiger 6
VQ Models P61 Night Fighter
CY Models FW190

Avengers was awesome, Go see Iron sky as well, its a cack!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He_PWsJqsVY&feature=related

Here's a fiddly job and something I'll avoid in future ...

A couple of months ago, I noticed the screen on my Dell notebook computer getting very dark down the left side of the screen. A few days later, the whole screen was black. Bugger it. I have way too much data on the disks in this machine and I can't afford a new replacement anyway. I connected it up to the TV and sure enough, the screen was the problem as I had a picture on the telly. I decided to eBay myself a replacement backlight CCF for $22 from the US. It arrived last week and I was shocked - it's a miniature fluorescent tube made of glass like a general purpose lighting tube, but about 300mm long and 2mm diameter. As delicate as buggery.

Of course, getting the notebook apart and pulling the screen components out was a major drama - even with two hands it wouldn't have been fun but it took me two and a half hours and I completely used my entire collection of expletives twice over. I had bits everywhere.

In the end, I got the new part installed and when I finally tidied up I only had four minuscule screws left over. Not too bad ... but I was tired and couldn't give a toss whether the bloody thing would work when I plugged it in and switched it on.

It did actually work though - it's not perfect as the there is a slight variation of brightness across the bottom of the screen, but it's good enough.

Would I recommend it to you if your own treasured machine developed a similar fault? No way! The best option would be to buy another standalone flat panel monitor cheaply (perhaps off eBay) and run that off the notebook using a VGA or HDMI or whatever cable. But, as Captain Mainwaring would say, I'm a stupid boy and I've got too much time on my hands at the moment.

Steve Murray

Congratulations Captain, a super effort given your current dexterity situation.
If I had been attempting that job it would have been 2 & a half weeks, my entire expletive collection used 10 times over & googled "expletives" to make sure I hadn't missed any.
"4 minuscule screws left over", good news, next time it stuffs up, being lighter it will fly further.

If I had known, I would have pointed out to you the person I got to do that job for me last year. Price? About $70 including parts. Worth it instead of the hassle? You bet.

Radio: DX8, Mode 1
Blu-Baby (decided to go green and hug a tree, in repairs)
Parkzone T-28 Trojan (pilot looks asleep but plane ready to go)
E-Flite UMX Beast (Barrel roll you say? But I did 10 in a row while you were asking)
Parkzone T-28 Trojan Ultra-Micro (terrorising the local workplace in the name of more practice)
Parkzone Stryker Ultra-Micro (ready to take fingers off willing launchers)

(16-08-2013, 07:26 AM)Flying fisho Wrote:  "4 minuscule screws left over", good news, next time it stuffs up, being lighter it will fly further.

Very good Fisho - I like that Smile

Yes Ben, I'd have definitely followed suit if I'd known. I'll keep that in mind!

Steve Murray