Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

servo dramas with new radio gear

Guys I need some advice, when I was just setting up my funcub with new Futaba T6ex radio gear I came to putting in the 4 x Hitec HS-55 Feather servos into the wings one at a time without wire extensions or anything, a couple of them worked but chattered and buzzed a bit to the point I was concerned. One now doesn't work, the others seem like if I work them they slow up so I've stopped testing. I've got the next size Hitec servos fitted up for rud/elev and they are working no dramas. I've also run some of my old JR servos and they work well with no buzzing etc. I'm using a 6 volt receiving pack supplied just to set it up. On the side of the servo box it says between 4.8 - 6 volt operation. I can't see that its been hooked up wrong. Any help on this topic would be great. thanks Andrew.

Sounds like you have a crook set of servos, though it is difficult to say without looking at the set up. If you plug a different servo into the same reciever port and it works fine, I would recon the servos no good. Send them back to who ever you got them from, tell them they are faulty and ask for replacments.

Parkzone Stryker 27 Evolution
E flite Ultra Stick , T 28 Carbon Z
Skyartec Skyfun Scorpion,Skyfun 90 EDF
Hobbyking Voltigeur, Funfighter T28, Mirage 2000, Minimoa 2.4m Glider
Jet Teng L-39 HPAT Stumax 90
Pheonix Tiger 50
FliteWork Extra 300 LPX 2.6M
Spectrum DX9i , DX6

Don't ever let the fear of landing keep you from taking off!

thanks gbanger, it looks like three out of the four are no good, can't believe it. I'll go a bigger servo now for what its worth. And I thought electronics would have come along way in 20 years, maybe not.

Hitec servos are known not to like 6 volts they all run better at 5.5 I have used the ones you are talking about and never had a problem but the above has always been a rule for hitec ever since I have been in modells and thats a while

I found that with Hitec servos back in the days when I used to run 4cell NiCad packs they were allways up around the 6V when freshly charged and the servo's would buzz untill the pack voltage setteled down a bit.
When you say 6V recieving pack what sort of pack is that and have you measured the voltage with a DVM? If it up around or over 6V might give you a clue as to what's going on.

Hope this helps

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

thanks guys, the pack is Sanyo 6V 2000mah Nimh, it reads 6.5 volts on meter. I bought the pack for the gas planes which use standard servos. Hopefully I shouldn't have another problem by using the smaller receiver pack or esc. I sent Tower hobbies an email not expecting a return, to my surprise they just sent out replacements. In any case I just ordered futaba ones locally. You live and learn. thanks Andrew.