Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Habu 32

Attempted grass strip taxi trials only to find problems with the size wheels new one ordered wheel wells
have to be for 60mm with that should be no more problems

So when does the Habu get some distance under the wings and terra firma?

It did today, just not in the manner you would like or expect Wink

If Darren agrees, I can show some footage of how you conduct taxi trials

Btw Dave, "Included in any required?"

(19-02-2012, 10:55 PM)kizza42 Wrote:  Btw Dave, "Included in any required?"

Tweaked again. See what you get this time.

So they were take off attempts right?

No,

If the plane by some chance bounced into the air then that would be an unfortunate side effect Biggrin

The grass on the strip looks pretty long It would probably have "taxied a lot easier" if it were shorter.

It's grown up a fair bit around the edges of the strip too since I last saw it.

I must say those retracts and struts seemed to hold up very well !! I'm sure it will be a beautie with the bigger wheels.

“The knack of flying is learning how to throw your machine at the ground and miss.”

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your thoughts turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."  ~Leonardo Da Vinci

It Looks Like to me you need the nose wheel arm at the front to be a lot longer to lift the nose up.

Aka My Stryker with Retracts sucked to the ground at Area 51 as i had mine level with rear, as Kieran Pointed out.

Looks Great moving along the grass, So How much Throttle was That Darren.

Steve

What Do You Mean Theres a Throttle Curve ?, Its Either all the way up or all the way down Tongue_smile

It was full throttle but the wheels are only 30mm jobs. It already had a nose up attitude but there was just waaay too much drag. The e-Flite nose retract stripped out after the 4th attempt and we had to resort to using a cable tie to keep it in position.

The thing has a 1:1 thrust ratio and when its on a smooth surface it really really moves! It will be amazing at Temora on a real runway but until then we're waiting for hi-model to send some larger wheels.